Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fantastic.

Now if we could only get Cowhole to ask the same question about Kirby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already knew all that on Jordan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to stop giving Donaghy the time of day. He's trash. Keeping him involved in sports media is a mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Refs will always dictate the pace of the game. Simple eye test is all one needs. It could very well all be rigged. Entertainment business afterall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to stop giving Donaghy the time of day. He's trash. Keeping him involved in sports media is a mistake.
    Cowherd likes to scrape the bottom of the barrell and is a media antagonizer similar to Stephen A. Smith; he's completely full of imo

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Even if he has some credibility (not saying he does), it seems sleazy trying to use him in an interview.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cowherd likes to scrape the bottom of the barrell and is a media antagonizer similar to Stephen A. Smith; he's completely full of imo
    Does Cowherd strike you also as he is merely listening to his own voice 99% of the time?
    Just likes to hear himself talk.

US sports media. Steven A, this clown, etc etc. Unreal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Cowherd strike you also as he is merely listening to his own voice 99% of the time?
    Definitely, all the top guys in Media have huge ego's because they can basically say anything without much repercussion. As long as it fits within the narrative of course. Especially a radio guy like Cowherd, who thinks his voice is God's gift to man.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Today's mainstream sports media

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Colin's basically the media version of Kirby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe that's what they want you to think. Convince everyone that the whistleblower has no credibility and is a piece of person...sounds like an effective strategy.

(I'm agnostic about his claims, fwiw)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe that's what they want you to think. Convince everyone that the whistleblower has no credibility and is a piece of person...sounds like an effective strategy.

Whistleblower? He was caught red handed betting on NBA games. He's hardly a whistle blower. Stool pigeon maybe. Either way his credibility is shot. It would be different if he just came clean about what the refs were doing before he was indicted himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whistleblower? He was caught red handed betting on NBA games. He's hardly a whistle blower. Stool pigeon maybe. Either way his credibility is shot. It would be different if he just came clean about what the refs were doing before he was indicted himself.
    Of course that would be more convincing if he came clean before getting caught, but that almost never happens. It's been a while since I looked into this issue, but he basically "blew the whistle" on everyone else involved, isn't that fair to say? He could be lying, but I see no reason to assume that. The alternative seems equally plausible - that he got caught, realized he had nothing more to lose at that point, and decided to expose the truth so that we wouldn't erroneously believe he was the lone bad guy. Idk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

THIS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course that would be more convincing if he came clean before getting caught, but that almost never happens. It's been a while since I looked into this issue, but he basically "blew the whistle" on everyone else involved, isn't that fair to say? He could be lying, but I see no reason to assume that. The alternative seems equally plausible - that he got caught, realized he had nothing more to lose at that point, and decided to expose the truth so that we wouldn't erroneously believe he was the lone bad guy. Idk.
    "I'm not the only one" is never a good defense. "I'm a proven liar so trust me" is never a good starting point. If Tim is telling the truth, big deal. It means no more than one of us saying it. That's because Tim isn't a credible witness. His credibility is far from unimpeachable. For that reason he doesn't need a voice regarding these things. It does more harm than good, because anyone else who agrees with Tim is seen as a conspiracy theorist who uses confirmation bias with Tim's convenient clarity and forthrightness.

If Tim just accused a certain other ref, that's one thing. He indicted the entire organization as if to say "what I was doing was normal". For you, it just salves the ass hurt you already feel when a call doesn't go your way in critical game moments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, this is good. Even if it's bull . It keeps the focus on the refs, and if the focus is on them, they will try to not up.

Thread Information