My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Would he go down as the greatest underachiever of all time? Seriously, I remember when this dude came into the league and people were talking 10 championships.

2 out of 5 in the finals (if they get there) would be catastrophic on his resume especially if he loses to Duncan or Curry again.

And dont give me the he's not MJ he's his own man BS...

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Go back to the mmgay forum you

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Go back to the mmgay forum you
    I dont post there...wrong guy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, it seems like you have made this same thread like 20 times, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would he go down as the greatest underachiever of all time? Seriously, I remember when this dude came into the league and people were talking 10 championships.

2 out of 5 in the finals (if they get there) would be catastrophic on his resume especially if he loses to Duncan or Curry again.

He's already 2 out of 6 ('07 and '11-15). If he loses again, he'll be 2 of 7.
    Last edited by Arcadian; 05-05-2016 at 12:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wilt still has this locked up.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bro, it seems like you have made this same thread like 20 times, tbh
    C'mon ...like u dont make Dad killer threads on an annual basis? Let a brotha live

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's already 2 out of 5 ('07 and '11-14). If he loses again, he'll be 2 of 6.
    Forgot last year tbh. He's 2 out of 6.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Still an all-time great but less so ...
    Find it funny he says he always wanted to play Wade in a playoff series ...Sure, now that Wade is past his prime and Lebron is just past his peak.

Would have loved to see Wade/Bosh vs. Lebon/Love ... 4 years ago. he chose to rob us of that, but he won two rings so I cant blame him.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 05-05-2016 at 10:27 AM.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    No, especially if he makes it to the NBA Finals. Because if he loses to either the Warriors or the Spurs, at least he'll have lost to teams with multiple championships. Little solace, but I think it's true.

His career arc is not dissimilar to Wilt Chamberlain's. And currently the same NBA Finals record of 2-4. You could easily argue that Wilt's was more disappointing and more underachieving because of all the losses he took at the hands of the Celtics, which didn't even allow him to get to the NBA Finals several more times. At the time, the league hadn't seen anything like Wilt, with the combination of size and athleticism and skill set. He was a freak the same way LeBron is or even Shaq was. He probably should have had 5+ championship rings himself if not for Russell and the Celtics.

Factor in a bunch of other things, like the size of the league, level of compe ion, and how much of a freak Wilt truly was. Wilt is still the most underachieving, most disappointing (in terms of championships) individual career in NBA history even if LeBron loses in the Finals again this year. Now if he loses a couple more, I think there's more of an argument.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    LeRentFree

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    It's pretty bad, only because with each team (sans 2007 Cavs) Lebron always had a stacked roster filled with All Star/Superstar caliber players. I'm not sure how revisionists will write his career but given his numbers I think he'll be absolved from blame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lebron = empty stats guy playin in the pathetic east, nothing to see here

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel bad for Elgin Baylor. The guy lost like 8 finals and when he decided to retire the Lakers finally won

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    I feel bad for Elgin Baylor. The guy lost like 8 finals and when he decided to retire the Lakers finally won

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lebron = empty stats guy playin in the pathetic east, nothing to see here
    Lot's to prove this year and they are relying on some unreliable dudes but Lebron and Cavs are looking finals ready in a shallow East. We will see in June if his supporting cast is ready ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Because the Warriors have greatest team of all-time potential, and the Spurs, if their shooters come alive, have top 10 team in NBA history potential. The latter is a big IF right now, though. Green and Mills are dice rolls offensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough to say, because he did spend most of his peak prime with the Cavs, and wasted those years away. 11 was a disappointment, and he choked big time, but 07, 14, and 15 were all years that he was outmatched.

Fairly or not, Lebron's finals record will go down as a disappointment. I don't think the fact that he lost the finals should count against him, but I do think that he had a hand in constructing a team that was outmatched time after time in the finals, so the responsibility ultimately falls on him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He would actually be 2 out of 7.... Lost with Cleveland 07 and 15, Miami 11 and 14, Won with Miami 12 and 13

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough to say, because he did spend most of his peak prime with the Cavs, and wasted those years away. 11 was a disappointment, and he choked big time, but 07, 14, and 15 were all years that he was outmatched.

Fairly or not, Lebron's finals record will go down as a disappointment. I don't think the fact that he lost the finals should count against him, but I do think that he had a hand in constructing a team that was outmatched time after time in the finals, so the responsibility ultimately falls on him.
    No excuse for 2014, sorry, give me a in break, they were fully healthy and 1-1 in the series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No excuse for 2014, sorry, give me a in break, they were fully healthy and 1-1 in the series.
    It speaks to how good the Spurs were rather how bad the Heat/Lebron was. The Spurs were shooting lights out, and there wasn't any team in the history of the league that could stop them those four games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It speaks to how good the Spurs were rather how bad the Heat/Lebron was. The Spurs were shooting lights out, and there wasn't any team in the history of the league that could stop them those four games.
    Im just saying he doesnt get a pass for that. You are the 2 time defending champs and the experts favored them and Vegas slightly favored us. It was a toss up series, just cuz we murdered them doesnt mean they get a pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The cavs are winning it all this year..so thus thread is moot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The cavs are winning it all this year..so thus thread is moot
    They will only win if the Thunder make the Finals

Thread Information