Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    F both of them, tbh

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I like the British election model....6 weeks start to finish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the British election model....6 weeks start to finish.
    You bet. Also, UK politicians show some measure of maturity and common sense. In the US, each side basically describes the other as traitorous / tyrannical / incapable. Every election is the "most important in a generation", whose consequences could bring about the end of the nation - especially for the right wing. Dinesh D'Souza makes a new movie every 4 years, talk radio blowhards sell books, and election day is hyped up like the Superbowl. And the idiot voters lap it up every single time.

The last time it was Obama and his Marxist-inspired scheme to strangle capitalism, end free markets, take away guns, go after Christians and empower the caliphate. This time it will be how Hillary is the most evil woman alive, who basically invented corruption and will personally enable Goldman Sachs to enslave Americans while selling the country piecemeal to Russia, China and Saudi Arabia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm already so sick of this .
    You and me both. I am a total news nerd, but I have just stopped paying attention, and change the radio station to music when coverage starts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You bet. Also, UK politicians show some measure of maturity and common sense. In the US, each side basically describes the other as traitorous / tyrannical / incapable. Every election is the "most important in a generation", whose consequences could bring about the end of the nation - especially for the right wing. Dinesh D'Souza makes a new movie every 4 years, talk radio blowhards sell books, and election day is hyped up like the Superbowl. And the idiot voters lap it up every single time.

The last time it was Obama and his Marxist-inspired scheme to strangle capitalism, end free markets, take away guns, go after Christians and empower the caliphate. This time it will be how Hillary is the most evil woman alive, who basically invented corruption and will personally enable Goldman Sachs to enslave Americans while selling the country piecemeal to Russia, China and Saudi Arabia.
    Pretty much.

All outrage, all the time.

What conservatives are probably blithely unaware is how pissed off liberals are becoming. The only way the GOP has made such marked progress in state/local levels in recent years has been the normal half-assed Democratic turnout. If the overall irritation with the right's continuous bull continues, I would expect to see increasing turnout for Dems, and the beginning of the long slide for the GOP.

We'll see. I think Trumps selection as GOP nominee will cause a very marked jump in hispanic turnout, and they will not be voting for Trump. That will have down-ballot consequences.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It still defies logic that legal immigrants of any race would get all worked up to advocate illegal immigration.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It still defies logic that legal immigrants of any race would get all worked up to advocate illegal immigration.
    Probably grown up anchor babies with illegal parents they bunk with

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably grown up anchor babies with illegal parents they bunk with
    We all know they aren't gonna get thrown out but it's in everyone's best interest to stop the unrestricted flow of illegals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dislike both but trump was basically the worst case scenario candidate all along. ok maybe carson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny that the same people like Bookaki that are screaming for a $15 minimum wage also advocate unrestricted illegal immigration which undermines basic labor wages.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still think Cruz was worse. But this is still a nightmarish and embarrassing situation for the country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny that the same people like Bookaki that are screaming for a $15 minimum wage also advocate unrestricted illegal immigration which undermines basic labor wages.
    no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So why is Trump so wrong to want to finally close the border and then evaluate immigrants on a case by case basis?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So why is Trump so wrong to want to finally close the border and then evaluate immigrants on a case by case basis?
    Isn't that what we already do, in theory?

Trump's solution is a wall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the wall is an expensive idea that won't solve much just to satisfy pea-brains and have a visual "accomplishment"

mexico is gonna pay for it... to anybody who takes that seriously

most illegal immgrants in the US came in legally with visas and overstayed. the is a wall going to do to fix that? in the last 5 years, we've had more asian illegal immigrants than hispanic. the wall wouldn't address enough of the problem to warrant the effort.

oh and "case by case basis"... his case is to deport every single illegal immigrant with no questions asked. just listen to him talk. there's no "case by case basis." there's no consideration for employment, family, value. its just deport deport

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Should be but we aren't. Obama has cut the border patrols nuts off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be but we aren't. Obama has cut the border patrols nuts off.
    Fact remains we already restrict immigration, so Trump wanting to "finally close the border and then evaluate immigrants on a case by case basis" isn't exactly a unique objective. It sounds like a dumbed-down talking point. Like "We've gotta do something about this ISIS."

What are the solutions?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll see. I think Trumps selection as GOP nominee will cause a very marked jump in hispanic turnout, and they will not be voting for Trump. That will have down-ballot consequences.
    The Republican senators seemed to think the same when McConnel was trying to distance them from Trump. I can't believe they're nominating him, Trump will drive way more Democratic votes than Cruz would have, and it might cost them a 45 year old liberal justice in Scalia's seat next year with their senate majority in jeopardy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In theory? We need to do it in practice is what Trump is saying...

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Pretty much.

All outrage, all the time.

What conservatives are probably blithely unaware is how pissed off liberals are becoming. The only way the GOP has made such marked progress in state/local levels in recent years has been the normal half-assed Democratic turnout. If the overall irritation with the right's continuous bull continues, I would expect to see increasing turnout for Dems, and the beginning of the long slide for the GOP.

Interesting, but I think the opposite is true. I believe liberals are blissfully unaware of how pissed off conservatives are. And by conservative I don't mean republican. I expect a majority of independent voters will go for Trump. Just speculation though.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting, but I think the opposite is true. I believe liberals are blissfully unaware of how pissed off conservatives are. And by conservative I don't mean republican. I expect a majority of independent voters will go for Trump. Just speculation though.
    Trump is like Lillard, overrated like and the rest of his team bails on him in the summer.

Thread Information