Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs facing the Thunder in this postseason made this impossible (not that it was all that possible to begin with). If the Thunder beat the Spurs, he won't leave his home and partners to join the team they just defeated. And if the Spurs beat the Thunder, joining the team that eliminated you would be the ultimate move, and Durant seems like the kind of person that cares way too much about what folks think of him.

If this is truly your reason on why you know it won't happen...again you don't know .

Can you read his mind? Who's your source?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Durant leaves, not sure where, but he leaves, because he will take a 5 year contract to ensure financial success. I pondered if he would take a one year deal and put it off to 2017 but given his history with injuries and whatnot, I believe he locks down the long term deal now, and it wont be in OKC. (I believe he heads to Boston who will have three draft picks and potentially the #1 pick)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you know that? Use actual quotes from Parker, other players, or FO members. Not posters on this site.
    oh yeah? Where'd you that from, his shrink? The Krew? Source please.
    It's been pretty evident from little remarks Parker has made--or, perhaps more importantly, not made--regarding Kawhi. But I would say that this pretty much seals it:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259919

Dude couldn't even let Kawhi have his moment; he had to all over it to tear Kawhi down. And, no, it is not so much a compliment of Tim and Bowen, as it is a back-handed swipe at Kawhi.

Durant has animosity for Kawhi and vice versa, and the Spurs'll still sign him.

Kawhi/LMA/any other Spurs player aren't that relevant to this kind of decision-making, the Spurs should get the best FAs available, they did it with LMA and will with Durant.
    You're comparing apples and oranges. Putting two relatively young stars together is one thing, but keeping a washed-up point guard around who doesn't necessarily jibe with your young star and the face of your franchise is a different matter altogether. Parker is sucking it up on the court. If he has issues accepting Kawhi, it will make it all the easier to move him and his bloated contract elsewhere. This is not rocket science.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this is truly your reason on why you know it won't happen...again you don't know .

Can you read his mind? Who's your source?
    Common sense is my source. Pretty reliable cat. Almost never fails, tbh.

P/S: your whole "nananana, I'm not listening. You don't know . Don't burst my bubble" is adorable. I'm just preparing you for dissapointment son, don't hate me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs sweep the rest of the playoffs by 30 a game I'd still want Durant.
    I mean, that would be nice, but I think the Spurs should address the PG position first rather than the SF/PF position

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if we lose in the WCF, which is the most likely scenario?
    If the Spurs lose in the WCF, it'll be because Spurs have no answer for Curry, then which Spurs will probably try to get a PG who could actually guard Curry or a guard who can score and make plays. Spurs are better off targeting a star PG at this point over trying to fit a player like KD in. Also, Kawhi probably hates Durant's guts; Pop has always communicated with his star players before making any big moves, and I'm not sure if Kawhi would be on board with the move

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cant believe there are Spurs fans here that actually want him. You guys want him sharing the team with Kahwi now? He has been a big rival now for years. I don't want him in that uniform..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best move for him is to stay in OKC anyway. He can make the most money there, and they still have a very strong team. All these people saying he is going to LA or Washington why? So he can take less money and play on a bad team? I have even heard the Heat.. Getting to the finals year after year in the east, and losing does not really enhance a legacy IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. The front office loves Kawhi. Parker has animosity for Kawhi and is beyond washed up. Parker is thus expendable if Manu and TD retire and the "Big 3" is already dead.
    Tony has earned the right to finish his career in SA. As long as he doesn't want to play till he's 42 he will be in SA..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban's QO is almost irrelevant. To keep their maximum matching rights, they have to account for the full MLE. This would not be the case if Boban were in his second or third year with the club. But he's not, so it does, and the number goes onto their books once the offer sheet is signed, not once the Spurs match.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Common sense is my source. Pretty reliable cat. Almost never fails, tbh.

P/S: your whole "nananana, I'm not listening. You don't know . Don't burst my bubble" is adorable. I'm just preparing you for dissapointment son, don't hate me.

I'm not hyped up on Durant like some here. But anything can happen and you literally don't know what will happen. I'm speaking facts tbh. Maybe the odds aren't good but doesn't mean it can't happen..this thread is about discussing the possibility and what it would take for it to work.

Kinda like the LMA/Gasol threads.

So you and your common sense

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol reminds me of Law Abiding Citizen. One of the best movie quotes ever:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed... Guy is such a diva, idk how he'd be here. Especially at a discounted rate
    I don't like it. Players need to get shots to get hot and produce. We've already got KL and LMA. Now trying to split shots between the three of them? I would be especially concerned about Aldridge. He seems to be a rhythm player and does best when he gets shot after shot and can get into a groove. I think having too many scorers means that you run the risk of each one's efficiency dropping. Especially considering that all three of them are taking shots away from the basket.

I'd seriously rather spend the money on a PG or a big that can play D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not much new here but Marc Stein weighs in on the Spurs and Durant sweepstakes.

And if you think it would somehow scare them to try to find room in the same offense for Durant, Leonard and the increasingly dominant Aldridge ...Don't bother.
    As one rival GM half-jokingly told me this week, immediately haunted by picturing what those three could be capable of in the midst of the NBA's Small Ball Revolution: "Because they'd win every game."
    http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...urant-hunt-too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3yrs $23mil would be good for D. Howard to rebound an block shots.
    This Guy is uncoachable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it my "English as second language" upbringing or this post makes no sense?

What part of Durant's people, are scouting places north of town, to build a house, do you not understand?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As i think about it.. i hate D. Howard but for cheap, he'd be great to pick up. LMA an Kawhi would be the bulk of scoring. So all Howard would have to do is help defense an rebound.
    because he's so happy with that role in houston.....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What part of Durant's people, are scouting places north of town, to build a house, do you not understand?
    Do you have a link or source?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not hyped up on Durant like some here. But anything can happen and you literally don't know what will happen. I'm speaking facts tbh. Maybe the odds aren't good but doesn't mean it can't happen..this thread is about discussing the possibility and what it would take for it to work.

Kinda like the LMA/Gasol threads.

Nop, it's not like the LMA and Gasol threads. Because those made/make sense, while this Durant has the same chance of happening as Fox studios ever making a good "Fantastic Four" movie.

P/S: You sound way to ragey for a guy that says not be "hyped up on Durant", tbh. Or are you like that on every aspect of you life son? Anyway, not a good look. God bless.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nop, it's not like the LMA and Gasol threads. Because those made/make sense, while this Durant has the same chance of happening as Fox studios ever making a good "Fantastic Four" movie.
    Lol fantastic 4 movie.

But seriously why do you think it won't happen or make sense? You don't think there's true interest on Durant part? Spurs not interested? Or you personally don't want him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol at posters thinking Tony is getting traded..

PATFO would not trade one of the Big 3, they are Spurs for life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol fantastic 4 movie.

But seriously why do you think it won't happen or make sense? You don't think there's true interest on Durant part? Spurs not interested? Or you personally don't want him?
    I would give my left nut to have Durant on the Spurs and I'm sure the Spurs are interested. The thing that makes this virtually impossible is the criticism Durant would get for joining a long time rival after being eliminated by them (crossing fingers), and Durant looking like the kind of guy that would care too much about such a thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The part where "that" and "who" are placed together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love him on the team. Front of the jersey, mother er!

Just imagine Durant at the 3 and Kawhi at the 2? Golden State wants to play their "Death Squad?" LMA at the 5, KD at the 4, Kawhi at 3, Danny (who would be the Iggy on this team) at the 2, PG: Who Cares.

It's still a pipe dream, though. Meeting the Thunder in the 2nd round ed this whole scenario up. I just don't see an NBA player, all of whom have egos, coming to the team that beats him. And if OKC beats us, KD might give it one more shot there. Though if the Thunder do get s acked by Wardell and Co. he might consider, so I guess there's a silver lining if we lose the series, but it's a very thin one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get what he's saying, your sentence structure was a little off, but I know what you meant.

"Want to tell Durant's people that who are already scouting out places north of town to build a house? Or....."

would sound better as:

"Want to tell that to Durant's people who are already scouting out places north of town to build a house?"

Thread Information