Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm wondering where Intel is going from here, tbh... their chips haven't really improved all that much since Sandy Bridge. AMD has caught up to the i5 at least (crofl), but I'm also concerned that the latest batch from Intel was more or less a flop, and I don't see where they can take another big leap looking forward...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm wondering where Intel is going from here, tbh... their chips haven't really improved all that much since Sandy Bridge. AMD has caught up to the i5 at least (crofl), but I'm also concerned that the latest batch from Intel was more or less a flop, and I don't see where they can take another big leap looking forward...
    Skylake was an alright jump from Haswell. For overclocking Kaby Lake isn't bad tbh, Asus claims something like 80% of i5-7600k can hit 5GHz with a decent Z270 board and liquid cooling. That's definitely not the case with Skylake or any other generation since Sandy Bridge (which overclocked like a madman since it used solder instead of a cheap paste between the die and the ihs).

Speaking of the cheap paste, that's something Intel could correct today and probably boost their speeds even more. Kaby Lake is pretty notorious for its temps improving drastically after a delid and application of better thermal paste between the die and ihs. Much moreso than even the first run of Haswell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man, Ryzen sucks. The $500 R7 1800X is about on par with the i5-4690k that sold for $230 two and a half years ago when it comes to gaming.

Get in here DJR210, Cry Havoc, ElNono, 140, 313 and the rest of the master race.
    Yeah I figured this was gonna be the case too.. All the geeks jumping the gun on the other tech forums about their new AMD builds lol.. At the least Intel did have to cut prices I heard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My 3570k at 4.5 still puttin in that work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My 3570k at 4.5 still puttin in that work
    AMD was trying to make reviewers benchmark at 4k so the R7 and i7 cpus looked the same in gaming and they told reviewers turn off features like multicore enchancement when doing their Intel benchmarks.

Skip to the 40:20 mark:

AMD being chicken s
    Testing cpu gaming performance at 4k where you're always gpu bound
    going bankrupt in 2019

LOL AMD was also showing off how their R7 1800X supposedly beat the i7-6900k in gaming in Sniper Elite 4 at their Ryzen demo last week. But they were running it at 4k and on the AMD system staring at the sky more so there would be less to render and thus higher framerates.

crooked AMD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Skylake was an alright jump from Haswell. For overclocking Kaby Lake isn't bad tbh, Asus claims something like 80% of i5-7600k can hit 5GHz with a decent Z270 board and liquid cooling. That's definitely not the case with Skylake or any other generation since Sandy Bridge (which overclocked like a madman since it used solder instead of a cheap paste between the die and the ihs).

Speaking of the cheap paste, that's something Intel could correct today and probably boost their speeds even more. Kaby Lake is pretty notorious for its temps improving drastically after a delid and application of better thermal paste between the die and ihs. Much moreso than even the first run of Haswell.
    I think the improvement from here on out are going to come in the form of on-chip memory. The speed battle is a losing battle, IMO, unless something magical happens. More cores only matter to an extent too.

Built-in EDRam that programs can tap for scratch memory can actually make a big difference performance-wise. And that's an area they can grow over time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the least Intel did have to cut prices I heard
    Pretty all AMD offers at this point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if vega is equivalent to 1070, then 1080 price drop due to TI release...wtf is going to buy vega when 1080 looks more affordable now...

the morons marketing dept of amd, needs to be fired man....poor strategy and marketing campaign from them...allowing NVidia 8month to do whatever they want, then amd releases a product but no specs or benchmarkets for set date, NVidia jumps the gun and releases TI b4 vega announcement...lol amd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when t hey do benchmarks for vga cards, are they using a monitor that doesn't have gsync/freesync which benefits either amd/NVidia cards?

hence if u look at most benchmarks when it comes to gtx1080+, they don't use 480, but compared it r9 fury cards which has HBM memory compared to ddr4 crap..

I wonder amd not getting hands on hbm for their 480 lineup is hurting them? how about 500 series coming out soon which is not hbm.....

vega better have hbm, hence fsync2 better be 100mhz+ or else they are still behind the 8ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when t hey do benchmarks for vga cards, are they using a monitor that doesn't have gsync/freesync which benefits either amd/NVidia cards?

hence if u look at most benchmarks when it comes to gtx1080+, they don't use 480, but compared it r9 fury cards which has HBM memory compared to ddr4 crap..

I wonder amd not getting hands on hbm for their 480 lineup is hurting them? how about 500 series coming out soon which is not hbm.....

vega better have hbm, hence fsync2 better be 100mhz+ or else they are still behind the 8ball
    HBM2 is too ing expensive for a gaming card right now. It would have been especially re ed to put on the Polaris cards (RX 480/470/460) with their small dies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with fsync2, do u think amd is going to charge a premium like NVidia with gsync?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    latest information on Vega cards.

https://videocardz.net/browse/amd/radeon-500/

TL;DR

Graphics Card Core Clk Mem Clk Memory GPU GPU Config

AMD Radeon RX Vega 1550 MHz 400 MHz 8192 MB HB2 2048b AMD Vega 10 4096 : 64 : 256 CORE : ROP : TMU

AMD Radeon RX 590 1200 MHz 2000 MHz 8192 MB GD5 256b AMD Vega 11 3072 : 64 : 192 CORE : ROP : TMU

AMD Radeon RX 580 1120 MHz 2000 MHz 8192 MB GD5 256b Polaris 20 XTX 2304 : 32 : 144 CORE : ROP : TMU

AMD Radeon RX 570 926 MHz 1650 MHz 4096 MB GD5 256b Polaris 20 XL 2048 : 32 : 128CORE : ROP : TMU

AMD Radeon RX 560 1090 MHz 1750 MHz 2048 MB GD5 128b Baffin PRO 896 : 16 : 56 CORE : ROP : TMU

AMD Radeon RX 550 1190 MHz 1750 MHz 2048 MB GD5 64b AMD Polaris 12 640 : 16 : 40 CORE : ROP : TMU

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey guys

if fsync is so great and free, why aren't more users buying amd video cards but opting for NVidia? and paying a premium for them + monitor that has gsync

is it all about benchmarks and hitting max frames?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't call Freesync "great", more like serviceable.. This is judging based on user reviews and feedback I've seen since it launched. I've also seen some of the top review channels put it head to head with G-Sync and claim G-Sync performs better.

People are opting for Nvidia because they are better cards, and Nvidia has better supported drivers. Most games are created with Nvidia optimization in mind, it's rare you see a developer opt to feature AMD's gaming brand for their game.

Nvidia is the trendsetter, constantly creating new features (that actually stick around) and graphics technologies that enhance the games look.. AMD has been playing catch up to Nvidia for as long as I've been into PC gaming, and their sole selling point, although not one I give a about, is price to performance ratios. Cards like my 6 GB 1060, especially when found at a great price like I did, really on that theory though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't call Freesync "great", more like serviceable.. This is judging based on user reviews and feedback I've seen since it launched. I've also seen some of the top review channels put it head to head with G-Sync and claim G-Sync performs better.

People are opting for Nvidia because they are better cards, and Nvidia has better supported drivers. Most games are created with Nvidia optimization in mind, it's rare you see a developer opt to feature AMD's gaming brand for their game.

Nvidia is the trendsetter, constantly creating new features (that actually stick around) and graphics technologies that enhance the games look.. AMD has been playing catch up to Nvidia for as long as I've been into PC gaming, and their sole selling point, although not one I give a about, is price to performance ratios. Cards like my 6 GB 1060, especially when found at a great price like I did, really on that theory though.
    I've got a freesync monitor and it's absolutely incredible. Absolutely makes a 100% difference in the smoothness of my games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    diff between fsync and gsync monitor is usually around 200bucks

then u have the video cards is also around 100-200bucks give and take...

altogether if u go amd build u save around 200-400bucks compared to gsync build...

PS. u clowns check out the new asus 2017 rog 27inch 4k 144hz gsync ? lol retails for 2k

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poorsync takes the L here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently XBox Scorpio will support FreeSync according to Digital Foundry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently XBox Scorpio will support FreeSync according to Digital Foundry.
    ON NVIDIA SITE, the an xp just released man.... lol curb stomping on AMD while its still down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ON NVIDIA SITE, the an xp just released man.... lol curb stomping on AMD while its still down
    LOL the third card they have called an X now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    benchmarks out for xp, why they comparing it to sli 1070...makes no fkn sense, at least sli 1080 or sli 1080ti

http://wccftech.com/nvidia- an-xp-...ks-firestrike/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol amd plans

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/aid...rx-570580.html

going to release 12core and 16core cpus...wtf...only makes sense if u need a future workstation
    even games today still fkn using 2cores max...
    the market needs to get rid of 2cores for everything and start maximizing 4cores minimum....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if vega is equivalent to 1070, then 1080 price drop due to TI release...wtf is going to buy vega when 1080 looks more affordable now...

the morons marketing dept of amd, needs to be fired man....poor strategy and marketing campaign from them...allowing NVidia 8month to do whatever they want, then amd releases a product but no specs or benchmarkets for set date, NVidia jumps the gun and releases TI b4 vega announcement...lol amd
    Holy Vega has a 520 mm^2 die. It's going to be way more expensive to produce than the 1080 Ti (with its 471 mm^2 die), especially after you factor the cost of HBM2 in. If this card can't beat the 1080 Ti I don't see where the profit is going to come from. Especially with another month and a half for the 1080 Ti to sell while we wait for Vega.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy Vega has a 520 mm^2 die. It's going to be way more expensive to produce than the 1080 Ti (with its 471 mm^2 die), especially after you factor the cost of HBM2 in. If this card can't beat the 1080 Ti I don't see where the profit is going to come from. Especially with another month and a half for the 1080 Ti to sell while we wait for Vega.
    no fkn , its like they havnt decrease the size of that brick, which is meant to be a further improvement from FURY....

there was a linustechtips yt clip b4 amd ryzen/480 official release (it was at some convention), it was showcasing a vega card with duct tape covering the video card on display with some extra board attached to it drawing power or doing some ...

and lol and all these 1080ti cards from the same manufactures who have like 3 different versions, standard, FE, then overclocked...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RYZEN5 releases, looking at the benchmarks not bad...just as good as the ryzen7 if u don't need the extra cores+threads....

seems like the ryzen cpu is built for gamers who stream /workstations....what u don't see in any of the benchmarks testing is results if their is any bottleneck when gaming + streaming same time vs intel cpus under same testing conditions...

Thread Information