Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    In your opinion, what is the most overrated soccer country in the world.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    Overrated national team? Overrated league? Overrated players from country?

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    England, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Spain NT, Colombia NT

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Would say England. The last good showing was in 1990 (4-th place), I think the team even failed to qualify for a recent WC's and uses foreign managers, which no other WC contender ever does. Since Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea have won a CL recently, one would expect more from the NT.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    England hands down... they always get hyped up, then crash and burn... invented the game to boot, and they suck at it...

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    England, not even a debate, tbh.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    England it is... they are still put in the contenders, favorites, big names of each internation compe ion and ends up with a poor showing

England is not even a tier 2 world team.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    England it is... they are still put in the contenders, favorites, big names of each internation compe ion and ends up with a poor showing
    Only by English and North American medias

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    Only by English and North American medias
    I agree with that, that's why I'm changing my answer to Brazil.Brazil is overrated by the world while the English speaking part of the world overrates England. Just like the Spanish speaking world outside of South America and Mexicans themselves overrate Mexico. Colombia is in the same boat as Belgium in that they're up and coming teams but haven't done to warrant all the hype. Spain and the Spanish people are living in the recent past. Argentina are underachievers which kind of falls in line with them being overrated to me.

JMHO.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I agree with that, that's why I'm changing my answer to Brazil.Brazil is overrated by the world while the English speaking part of the world overrates England. Just like the Spanish speaking world outside of South America and Mexicans themselves overrate Mexico. Colombia is in the same boat as Belgium in that they're up and coming teams but haven't done to warrant all the hype. Spain and the Spanish people are living in the recent past. Argentina are underachievers which kind of falls in line with them being overrated to me.

JMHO.
    The Brazil NT is meh right now, but overall I don't think Brazil is overrated : 4 WC's and have produced some of the finest players ever

Argentina are underachieving because of that got Mess; but they were underachievers in the 80s decade

They were not favorite in 86 - but they still won because Diego has that Alpha gene Messi doesn't have - and they still reached the 90 WC Final while looking like

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    The Brazil NT is meh right now, but overall I don't think Brazil is overrated : 4 WC's and have produced some of the finest players ever

Argentina are underachieving because of that got Mess; but they were underachievers in the 80s decade

They were not favorite in 86 - but they still won because Diego has that Alpha gene Messi doesn't have - and they still reached the 90 WC Final while looking like
    But now you're talking about history and that would go to England easily. So is OP taking about history or most overrated teams right now? Everyone outside the English speaking world knows England is , so who would be the most overrated team right now?

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    But now you're talking about history and that would go to England easily. So is OP taking about history or most overrated teams right now? Everyone outside the English speaking world knows England is , so who would be the most overrated team right now?
    I would've put Argentina there, easily, if they didn't make it to the WC and Copa America finals... looking at the FIFA rankings:

1 Argentina 1532.00
    2 Belgium 1364.00
    3 Chile 1353.00
    4 Colombia 1337.00

Colombia is pretty overrated, tbh, they had a good generation of players and a solid coach, but AFAIK, they also have crashed and burned (or killed one of their players, tbh)...

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    England used to be overrated, now they're just meh. A lot of young talent that won't do much, and if they do, it'll be a surprise.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

JMHO.
    How can the nation with the most WC wins in history be the most overrated?

Even with this generation, which is probaly the worst of all the Brazlian generations, they still got to the ing semis of the WC (they got embarrassed in it, but still ).

Argentina is the second nation with the most amount of silverware (behind Uruguay). If you count club play, they are by far the winningest nation in football. That's not being overrated or an underachiever, tbh.
    Last edited by DAF86; 05-10-2016 at 01:18 PM.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I think the OP meant in history.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    How can the nation with the most WC wins in history be the most overrated? Even with this generation, which is probaly the worst of all the Brazlian generations, they still got to the ing semis of the WC (they got embarrassed in it, but still ).Argentina is the second nation with the most amount of silverware (behind Uruguay). If you count club play, they are by far the winningest nation in football. That's not being overrated or an underachiever, tbh.
    I think the OP meant in history.
    I was posting on the phone and the "ever" part in the subject le was cut off, plus I just knee-jerked straight into a post (various times ).Now that the thread le makes more sense without me jumping into a post and reading the le, England is number one.I think a better question would be, who's overrated as right now...

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    USMNT

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Argentina is the second nation with the most amount of silverware
    No thanks to Messi

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    No thanks to Messi
    gnsf

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    No thanks to Messi

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    England
    Mexico
    Nigeria

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count
    Spain no question. They're run to the WC included a penalty draw with Paraguay, 1-0 bores and an OT fluke goal. After that they got y and started moving the ball left and right and thought they were legend. Never bought the hype TBH

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    That 2010 WC was boring as

You can't argue with the results, but yeah Spain was a snooze machine despite all their talent

Aragones was a racist, but at least Spain was watchable when he was the coach

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    Yeah Spain has to be up there, they had a good four year from 2008-2012 and just like a fart in the wind, they're gone. They have to be #2 behind England at least and if you look at their Wiki in what positions they placed in the World Cups and Euros, it's pretty ing sad from such a big football country.

Thread Information