Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see LA pushing hard to trade for a Paul George or Cousins and if they whiff, taking the guy that's left over and pushing for the top FA's they can get even if they aren't good long-term fits.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That's the thing. I'm perfectly content with a slow rebuild. 1992-1996 were some of favorite years as a Laker fan. Those teams were fun. We picked up several young players, then when the time was right, positioned ourselves to sign Shaq and "draft" Kobe.

, we "traded" for Pau, anything can happen tbh.
    I also prefer rebuild route ...
    If there is some redundancy big deal we need talent ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't get it again tonite, huh?

Tougheth lucketh.
    You haven't got it for the past six years! Lmao!

The 5th galvanized me. We took 5>4 away from you forever. I can rest now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I can see LA pushing hard to trade for a Paul George or Cousins and if they whiff, taking the guy that's left over and pushing for the top FA's they can get even if they aren't good long-term fits.
    Why would Indy want to trade their franchise player?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Indy want to trade their franchise player?
    They wouldn't. But there are already reports of this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This draft is crap. I have seen Ingram play all year at Duke. Nothing stands out about him. I can't comment on Simmons since I haven't watched him but it seems like he's guaranteed to be the number 1 pick.
    It's a crap shoot slicer, you never know but this draft does not awe me either like the last few years. Someone has to be ROY though

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How is that trolling? How does Ben simmons make sense when your other "prized" youngster is also a PF?

Sure you can move julian, but you won't get much for an undersized pf with no jumper. Best thing to do would be to draft simmons and trade him for a couple of pieces, like an sf, which the lakers desperately need.
    Kobe made sense when we had Eddie Jones. You draft BPA, period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does ass taste, Spur s?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers gonna S&T the pick for DeFrozan so he gets that fifth year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does ass taste, Spur s?
    Bust Simmons

He led LSU to a 19-14 record And you expect this cheese to come in and lead a bunch of riff-raff like Julian, D'Bust, and Nance to anything?

Call it right now, asshole. How many games are the Lakers winning next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just gotta see what Chaz stirs up.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They wouldn't. But there are already reports of this.
    True. Mitch shot that media induced rumor down. Essentially saying he is not looking to trade the pick. However, if it were #3, I think he aggressively looks to trade it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe made sense when we had Eddie Jones. You draft BPA, period.
    Kobe was a project. And Eddie Jones had a lot of trade value, since he was an all-star and all-defensive selection.

Julian is a 6'7" PF with small arms and no jumper.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bust Simmons

He led LSU to a 19-14 record And you expect this cheese to come in and lead a bunch of riff-raff like Julian, D'Bust, and Nance to anything?

Call it right now, asshole. How many games are the Lakers winning next season.
    You !

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    True. Mitch shot that media induced rumor down. Essentially saying he is not looking to trade the pick. However, if it were #3, I think he aggressively looks to trade it.
    I'd publicly encourage & serious consider any & all offers.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe was a project . And Eddie Jones had a lot of trade value, since he was an all-star and all-defensive selection.

Julian is a 6'7" PF with small arms and no jumper.
    Kobe used to practice with the 6ers as a 16 year old. The Lakers traded their starting center for him. Logo (best eye for talent in NBA history) called him our best player "already" during his pre-draft workout. Project.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    76ers is almost guaranteed to pick Simmons because his total skill set separates him from Ingram, most GM would draft him on that merit alone. As much as what the media wants some of y''all to believe, his shooting woes alone isn't enough to bring his stock down. There's a reason they are called "prospects" and Simmons all around game gives these GM's massive hard ons

Even if Ben skips a personal workout with the 76ers, he'll most likely still end as the 1st pick of the draft. And just because Philly is front loaded with Okafor, Noel, Embiid, it doesn't mean they can't trade some of them away. Okafor will be shopped and traded in the summer, he was dangled mid season so it shouldn't be a surprise if Colangelo's turns him into a couple of win now, locker room glue guys.

I like Ingram mainly because of the fit and finding a premium shooting perimeter player with a knack on defense will put the Lakers development right on track. Of course, worst case scenario Philly gets too cute and goes for Ingram, Lakers gets a consolation price in Simmons. it, we'll take him too...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am already ready for the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    76ers is almost guaranteed to pick Simmons because his total skill set separates him from Ingram, most GM would draft him on that merit alone. As much as what the media wants some of y''all to believe, his shooting woes alone isn't enough to bring his stock down. There's a reason they are called "prospects" and Simmons all around game gives these GM's massive hard ons

Even if Ben skips a personal workout with the 76ers, he'll most likely still end as the 1st pick of the draft. And just because Philly is front loaded with Okafor, Noel, Embiid, it doesn't mean they can't trade some of them away. Okafor will be shopped and traded in the summer, he was dangled mid season but most teams backed off because his price was high.

I like Ingram mainly because of the fit and finding a premium shooting perimeter player with a knack on defense will put the Lakers development right on track. Of course, worst case scenario Philly gets too cute and goes for Ingram, Lakers gets a consolation price in Simmons. it, we'll take him too...
    Trying to talk yourself into believing the Sixers are going to go full re so the Lakers can draft the actual better player (Ingram).

Simmons make NO sense for the Sixers. They are loaded in the front court and are in desperate need of perimeter firepower. Read all the projections. Not one analyst thinks the Sixers will go with Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Lakers don't like Simmons, I would look at going off on BOS and getting multiple picks. BOS was willing to unload a ridiculous amount of picks last year to CHA so they could get Winslow, so I can imagine they would be willing to do the same this year.

I would seriously consider trying to net multiple firsts for that 2nd pick and getting multiple pieces.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I am already ready for the draft.
    Just admit it, you're ready for Luva's Game 2.

tee, hee.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trying to talk yourself into believing the Sixers are going to go full re so the Lakers can draft the actual better player (Ingram).

Simmons make NO sense for the Sixers. They are loaded in the front court and are in desperate need of perimeter firepower. Read all the projections. Not one analyst thinks the Sixers will go with Simmons.
    You wanna make a bet? $500 good for you? I don't have to talk myself into something lmao...my input has no bearing in reality. Simmons will go first, Ingram is a niche player. Simmons has Superstar status, Lakers would die to have him but Philly gets first dibs.

Dead serious about hat $500 bet btw...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'd publicly encourage & serious consider any & all offers.
    For who though? No one is lining up to help the Lakers tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    For who though? No one is lining up to help the Lakers tbh.
    Give it time and at least put the information out there.

Let somebody else buy it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If the Lakers don't like Simmons, I would look at going off on BOS and getting multiple picks. BOS was willing to unload a ridiculous amount of picks last year to CHA so they could get Winslow, so I can imagine they would be willing to do the same this year.

I would seriously consider trying to net multiple firsts for that 2nd pick and getting multiple pieces.
    Mitch would do that, but that would be akin to Cuban (Celtics) trading with RC Buford (Spurs). Not happening.

Thread Information