Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    I have you winning both Rams games this year. Rams still finish 8-8. Seahawks finish 12-4 and win the division.

4 road losses:

@ NYJ
    @ NE
    @ AZ
    @ GB
    It's possible, but they've beaten us with a less talented roster. I hope you're right in that regard, as I'm tired of seeing them drop games to Jeff Fisher.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You think our D-Line is just good? Hey, I guess

And don't provide a narrative about the Cowboys O-line, because that's not indicative of the rest of the leagues offensive lines. And as evidenced last night, and earlier on in the first two preseason games, our O-line looks better.
    You weren't getting anywhere near Romo or Dak without bringing at least 2 on the blitz last night until the Cowboys' OL reserves (Green has been a disappointment so far, etc) started coming in. Granted the Cowboys have the best OL starters in the league.

You should be confident your DL should be able to get by with 4 man rushes against the lower half of the OLs in the league, including Arizona's.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's possible, but they've beaten us with a less talented roster. I hope you're right in that regard, as I'm tired of seeing them drop games to Jeff Fisher.
    Your offense (sans OL) is as good as it's ever been in the RW era, and they have serious QB issues.

Mostly whenever you lose in STL it's either the first road game of the season or someone highly important is injured/not playing.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    You weren't getting anywhere near Romo or Dak without bringing at least 2 on the blitz last night until the Cowboys' OL reserves (Green has been a disappointment so far, etc) started coming in. Granted the Cowboys have the best OL starters in the league.

You should be confident your DL should be able to get by with 4 man rushes against the lower half of the OLs in the league, including Arizona's.
    There it is, a Cowboys O-line reference. Not indicative of league wide lines. Completely unnecessary reference

And I'm not sure what you're talking about as we have some of the most talented DL's in the game. Plus, our scheme rarely changes. You typically will have to beat a base set consistently as we do not blitz a lot. We epitomize the bend and don't break concept. Lowest total yards per game last season and this is largely the same regime, the same core of the past several seasons and they're not old.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I also picked losses at NYJ and NE because your tendency is to always lose any road AFC game to any AFC team that is at least average. And NYJ is slightly above average, and well, NE is NE.

When's the last time you've beaten an ABOVE average AFC team on the road. I don't remember, either. So you lose both those games.

GB in Lambeau that late in the season is a loss. Deal with it. Hope you don't have to face them there in the ice in the playoffs.

You usually lose an AZ game and I'm picking the road loss this time because it's very unusual for 2 good home teams in the same division to keep winning year to year on each other's home field... law of averages, they each win their home game this year. It also makes sense because the SEA @ AZ game is early in the season, and AZ is a better early season team, while the AZ @ SEA game is late in the season, and SEA is a better late season team.

For the record, I have AZ choking big time this year based on their schedule and brutal road-heavy end of season schedule. 5 of their last 7 are away, and none REALLY easy. Also, they (last several years) notoriously start out with a gaudy record then flame out towards the end of the year. I have AZ starting out 7-0 but then missing the playoffs at 11-5. Losses @ CAR, @ MIN, @ ATL, @ SEA, and @ LA in that order.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Your offense (sans OL) is as good as it's ever been in the RW era, and they have serious QB issues.

Mostly whenever you lose in STL it's either the first road game of the season or someone highly important is injured/not playing.
    They've never had a good QB situation. They've beaten us with backups, and without stellar running backs. I've seen some of the most mind numbing losses at the hands of the Rams that make no sense on paper. But that is in large part because they have an absolutely stellar defense, and very good special teams game. We basically dropped a game because they hit us with a trick ST play.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    They've never had a good QB situation. They've beaten us with backups, and without stellar running backs. I've seen some of the most mind numbing losses at the hands of the Rams that make no sense on paper. But that is in large part because they have an absolutely stellar defense, and very good special teams game. We basically dropped a game because they hit us with a trick ST play.
    And no Chancellor... holdout. great player, but I hate guys like that

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    And no Chancellor... holdout. great player, but I hate guys like that
    True. But we've also lost games with Kam. We should've beaten them with or without him. But for some strange reason they play us very well. Zeke looked great yesterday though.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    True. But we've also lost games with Kam. We should've beaten them with or without him. But for some strange reason they play us very well. Zeke looked great yesterday though.
    Always been a Kam fan ever since he took out that guy on the Niners that one year (and got a BS penalty over it)... but very disappointed in him as a person for the holdout, and he doesn't need to be cheap-shotting running backs after a play is over, preseason or not. Those 15 yards and automatic 1st down really hurt you guys, otherwise Dak has to throw on 3rd & 9 instead of keeping the Zeke train going.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Always been a Kam fan ever since he took out that guy on the Niners that one year (and got a BS penalty over it)... but very disappointed in him as a person for the holdout, and he doesn't need to be cheap-shotting running backs after a play is over, preseason or not. Those 15 yards and automatic 1st down really hurt you guys, otherwise Dak has to throw on 3rd & 9 instead of keeping the Zeke train going.
    The Vernon Davis hit inside the five yard line? Yeah that was clean, and laid him out Classic Kam

I totally get why they hold out, they're playing way above their pay grade, especially Bennett. And I get that they signed contracts etc. But players end up getting their contracts restructured in fear of being cut, or they get outright cut. So it should go both ways. NFL players really get the shaft in large part, they should be able to maximize their value.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Vernon Davis hit inside the five yard line? Yeah that was clean, and laid him out Classic Kam

I totally get why they hold out, they're playing way above their pay grade, especially Bennett. And I get that they signed contracts etc. But players end up getting their contracts restructured in fear of being cut, or they get outright cut. So it should go both ways. NFL players really get the shaft in large part, they should be able to maximize their value.
    If there wasn't a hard cap, I would agree with you. But there is, so players have to make sacrifices if they want to win.

I see a particular area of a football team, such as a secondary, OL, or linebacking corps, as a fraternity rather than a group of individual coworkers. If you have 2-3 or more good players/stars that make the group elite (more than the sum of its parts) as the LOB of Seattle does, you each take slight but definite paycuts to keep the band together. It's what you do. There's more to life than money. Maybe Trump thinks differently, but how many Seattle voters are going for Trump anyway?

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    If there wasn't a hard cap, I would agree with you. But there is, so players have to make sacrifices if they want to win.

I see a particular area of a football team, such as a secondary, OL, or linebacking corps, as a fraternity rather than a group of individual coworkers. If you have 2-3 or more good players/stars that make the group elite (more than the sum of its parts) as the LOB of Seattle does, you each take slight but definite paycuts to keep the band together. It's what you do. There's more to life than money. Maybe Trump thinks differently, but how many Seattle voters are going for Trump anyway?
    I don't know about you, but I'm maximizing my value in a finite situation such as football when literally at any given moment you could be out of the league watching from your sofa. No fully guaranteed contracts etc. Although as a fan I'd want to keep all of the best players on the roster, it's just not realistic.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't know about you, but I'm maximizing my value in a finite situation such as football when literally at any given moment you could be out of the league watching from your sofa. No fully guaranteed contracts etc. Although as a fan I'd want to keep all of the best players on the roster, it's just not realistic.
    If you already have millions in the bank, do you really need more? What are you going to use them on, a 20 bedroom 15 bathroom mansion in SoCal or a yacht you're never going to use?

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    If you already have millions in the bank, do you really need more? What are you going to use them on, a 20 bedroom 15 bathroom mansion in SoCal or a yacht you're never going to use?
    It's not about need, it's about worth. Why accept less than you are worth?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's not about need, it's about worth. Why accept less than you are worth?
    So you're saying a guy who get paid to do his favorite hobby in front of a national TV audience (a position in which the average male US citizen does not have the opportunity due to mere biology, not work ethic) should get paid 10,000+ times more than someone who works their ass off to get a viable college degree, works their ass off to provide value for their company, isn't necessarily doing what they want to do (doing it because it's a job) and doesn't get national recognition? Ludicrous.

There really needs to be some kind of federal personal annual salary limit (this applies for owners and CEOs too) or alternatively, at least a legitimate, reasonable estate tax (up to 80% with, say, the first ten million dollars in cash and assets exempt).

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    So you're saying a guy who get paid to do his favorite hobby in front of a national TV audience (a position in which the average male US citizen does not have the opportunity due to mere biology, not work ethic) should get paid 10,000+ times more than someone who works their ass off to get a viable college degree, works their ass off to provide value for their company, isn't necessarily doing what they want to do (doing it because it's a job) and doesn't get national recognition? Ludicrous.

There really needs to be some kind of federal personal annual salary limit (this applies for owners and CEOs too) or alternatively, at least a legitimate, reasonable estate tax (up to 80% with, say, the first ten million dollars in cash and assets exempt).
    I'm saying they should maximize their value like any other businessman would. I'm not saying they should be paid more than any particular profession. But, if a biologist had an opportunity to make millions, who am I to tell him not to?

I don't think there should be private sector limitations on salary, I do think there should be federal limits because we're talking about tax dollars. You cannot suppress markets and expect market growth, and proper market growth that isn't disproportionate, stunted if you will. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any regulation at all, but ideally there is little regulation.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm saying they should maximize their value like any other businessman would. I'm not saying they should be paid more than any particular profession. But, if a biologist had an opportunity to make millions, who am I to tell him not to?

I don't think there should be private sector limitations on salary, I do think there should be federal limits because we're talking about tax dollars. You cannot suppress markets and expect market growth, and proper market growth that isn't disproportionate, stunted if you will. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any regulation at all, but ideally there is little regulation.
    The problem is the 1% hoarding virtually all of the money which brings down the wealth of the U.S. middle class. I'm not talking millions, I'm talking MEGA millions.

What if personal salaries were taxed at a very low rate (5-10 percent) up to 10 million, but anything over that is taxed at 80%? The IRS would make a lot more money, which would be used for the other tax breaks, military expansion, responsible programs, and the like. And the people, from the bottom to the middle class all the way up to the highest class up to 10 million dollars would benefit. Only at the expense of the richest of the rich having less yachts, Ferraris, and mansions that they don't need and they would never even use.

Fair enough?

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    The problem is the 1% hoarding virtually all of the money which brings down the wealth of the U.S. middle class. I'm not talking millions, I'm talking MEGA millions.

What if personal salaries were taxed at a very low rate (5-10 percent) up to 10 million, but anything over that is taxed at 80%? The IRS would make a lot more money, which would be used for the other tax breaks, military expansion, responsible programs, and the like. And the people, from the bottom to the middle class all the way up to the highest class up to 10 million dollars would benefit. Only at the expense of the richest of the rich having less yachts, Ferraris, and mansions that they don't need and they would never even use.

Fair enough?
    Well, tax rates have fluctuated throughout history. So, that has served as a mechanism to some degree. I would not want some perpetually locked in group of rates. Especially when you have other countries who alter their rates and it can cause compe ive global disadvantages.

That proposal would serve as a massive disincentive. Why seek to create, develop and expand when the government is going to take 80% of my income? Plus there's the problem of the existing wealth. You're locking in a permanent elite group. What, are you going to go back and take what someone has already created? All seems a bit fishy to me. At the end of the day, people are people. Just because you slap the government label on them doesn't make them some sort of better person. Granted there has to be some sort of balance, but what you're proposing just isn't practical.

It's not about what someone needs, it's about what they are worth. You can't tell me Lebron James has to make as much as DeMar Derozan, or Mike Conley, that's absurd.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Spur-Addict

The 80% estate tax over ten million in assets, plus a maximum tax-free transfer of five million in assets per child, would apply to everyone who was not subject to the 80% of annual income over 10 million tax (thus, everyone who made their astronomical riches before the law came into pass would be affected upon death). And the 10 million figure shall be flexible according to national inflation and deflation rates.

This is fair across the board and works toward eliminating the aristocratic class.

Note: This tax does NOT apply to corporations, just individuals.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    I think that's rather high

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think that's rather high
    Crime would go down dramatically, so people (especially minorities) wouldn't have to steal and cheat anymore. Children in middle-class households would never have to worry about anything and they'd all have cars and prom dresses upon graduation, not to mention health and dental insurance covered.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    I don't blame NFL players for holding out. It's the only leverage they have. They are screwed compared to the NBA, MLB, and even the NHL.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't blame NFL players for holding out. It's the only leverage they have. They are screwed compared to the NBA, MLB, and even the NHL.
    MLB especially, players get wtf-ever they want

Holding out = team killing, there's no other way to describe it

Chancellor cost his team the first 2 games, which could have meant HFA instead of that lousy season last year

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    MLB especially, players get wtf-ever they want

Holding out = team killing, there's no other way to describe it

Chancellor cost his team the first 2 games, which could have meant HFA instead of that lousy season last year
    The Carolina Panthers went 15-1... the Seattle Seahawks went 10-6.... the Arizona Cardinals went 13-3.... the Seattle Seahawks went 10-6... they barely made the playoffs..... they survived a miracle against.... Minnesota..... and got stomped by Carolina.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Carolina Panthers went 15-1... the Seattle Seahawks went 10-6.... the Arizona Cardinals went 13-3.... the Seattle Seahawks went 10-6... they barely made the playoffs..... they survived a miracle against.... Minnesota..... and got stomped by Carolina.
    The home loss to Carolina was bizarre... Chancellor was still out of shape, but the entire defense was suffering and didn't get better until midseason, they had to adjust to no Chancellor from OTAs through Week 3, the loss of Maxwell, Lynch (for most of the season) and others. They weren't themselves until it was too late.

Thread Information