Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    So this is the thread for the upcoming year. I'll be honest. I'm not sure how to divide up my allegiance. As many might know, I'm a resident of Southern California. I have ties to Seattle as well as some of my relatives are from there and still currently reside there. I was a tad bit young when the Rams/Raiders called Southern California home in the past, so I did not have a rooting interest growing up. I'm also a pretty loyal person to a default. So I'm not certain if I could put my rooting interest behind a team that has left home 3 times (Chicago, Los Angeles/OC/, and St. Louis). While I'm a realist and understand that Pro Sports is merely a business of entertainment, I believe that the Rams will remain in L.A. Anyhow, how long will they put up with the mediocrity that is Jeff Fisher & Co.

But I digress. I have enjoyed rooting on the Seahawks with the board's loyal fans like Mr. Spur-Addict and begrudgingly, tlongII. The talks have been engaging and for the most part, they know their about the team.

So, here is this year's thread!

Post anything Seattle related here!

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Begrudgingly?

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    I was only kidding, tlongII, you're alright.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    As far as the draft goes, very pleased with the picks of Reed, Vannett and C.J Pro. While I do believe Ifedi will develop into a pro tackle over time, I think Reed may be the steal of the draft in the second round. Fills a gap in the middle with the loss of Mebane. While I do think Collins is the kind of runner that naturally fits the kind of scheme we run, I'm enthused with the versatility of C.J. The OL is an ever concerning spot on the roster, I believe with the infusion of size that we are on the right track. IMO they need to leave Lewis at Center, and let Britt go by the wayside. Lewis did an exceptional job stabilizing things last year. I'd like to keep that continuity.

As far as the UDFA's go, there are several that I am intrigued with.

McEvoy: At 6'6 with a sub 4.5 40 ability, Great size and speed combo, with tons of versatility to play multiple positions.

Brandin Bryant: Very similar physical freak comp to Arizona's monster of a pick, Robert Nkemdiche.

Tyvis Powell: Great size at the safety position, good pedigree. I think he will contend for a backup safety position.

Boykin I'm not overly enthused about, but I do like his skillset. Although we do need a long term solution at back up QB as Jackson is getting long in the tooth. I think we should secure a veteran back up (Hopefully Jackson again), and bring him along as he has the tools. Don't really care for Heaps.

McEvoy is my favorite UDFA, hopefully he carves out a roster spot. So much versatility. Played WR, QB, and safety at Wisconsin. The player I have my eye on is Paul Richardson, to see how he has rebounded from another injury. And, Lawler's hands are Kawhi Leonard like LOL. There's going to be some moves at the back end of the WR spot. I really think Lawler may make the roster. Granted he's thin, and has lost weight at camp, but that's something they can work on. I guess we'll have to see how he handles the physicality of the vets. A lot to look forward to

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I can definitely see the Seahawks being a leader of the pack in the NFC this season. Not necessarily that they'll win the SB, but if they seize the #1 seed and HFA throughout the NFC, it will be tough (though not impossible) to stop them from representing the NFC in Super Bowl LI.

I give the Seahawks a 30-35% chance to win the NFC and about a 20-25% chance to win it all. If they get the #1 seed, it will be tough... but not impossible for an NFC team to beat them in the playoffs.

Thomas Rawls is going to be excellent. Big shoes to fill, he learned behind the best in the game (along with AP) and I definitely see him as a top 5 to 10 RB in the league, particularly in the Seahawks' system. Jimmy Graham & co will be better than last year, Lockett is better than Lockette who retired, Kearse is back, and Wilson is still the force he is. OL is as suspect as ever and that might come back to haunt them, but less so in the read option style offense the Seahawks run with Wilson/Rawls.

The defense is still top 3 in the NFL in spite of the loss of Bruce Irvin; passing on that killer secondary remains tremendously difficult. No drama with Chancellor's salary this year means a full training camp, preseason, and all 16 RS games + playoffs (barring injury) of the full fledged LOB this year.

I have the Seahawks finishing 12–4 and edging out a couple teams for the #1 seed in the NFC by virtue of tiebreaker, but that may change as we head into the summer.

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Can't wait until football season.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    PCJS locked up for 3, and 5 more years

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    2016 will be the season Russell Wilson puts it all together and becomes the leagues best multi talented QB. I do expect a 4500/40/500 season and no more comparisons wih Luck, his superiority too obvious for that anymore.

The Seahawks right there with the Cards, Packers and Panthers as the NFC Champ.

A lot of pro gamblers have a Seattle vs Pats SB.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Boykin looking like a solid backup after one outing. Especially seeing as how he's a rookie. I'd still like to have a vet in for one year, but oh well. McEvoy with the game winning catch, and also a big catch on the same drive for 32 yards to set up his eventual 37 yard game-winning TD catch. This guy has too much talent to not make the roster in some way. Understandably this is against some guys that will not make the roster late in the game like this, but you can see his potential.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    The offensive line seems to have made great strides this offseason and out of all the issues being of importance, this was on the top of the list. Despite my criticisms of Britt, he seems to have found a home at center despite bouncing around to several positions on the OL. Rawls is a full-go in practice, great news. Probably looking at a time split with Christine Michael to start the season. Big Tukuafu is back at FB given the recent string of injuries at FB. Guy is a monster, and doubles as a DL as well.

Frank Clark and Cassius Marsh have looked great, which bodes well for the future of the DL and OLB. Although I think they will have to address the LB position in next years draft. Toss in Jarran Reed, who will do a great job replacing Mebane, things are looking up going forward. The DB position looks stable, and that's fantastic because for a while there the search for the #2 opposite Sherm seemed bleak. Lane, Simon, and Shead have looked solid. Tyvis Powell looks to be a steal, he must make the roster. And of course, Michael Bennett looks ornery, and for good reason.

The Gemini Method tlongII

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    12-4, 1st NFC West, 2nd seed in NFC

Loss in NFC Championship game

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    2016 will be the season Russell Wilson puts it all together and becomes the leagues best multi talented QB. I do expect a 4500/40/500 season and no more comparisons wih Luck, his superiority too obvious for that anymore.

The Seahawks right there with the Cards, Packers and Panthers as the NFC Champ.

A lot of pro gamblers have a Seattle vs Pats SB.
    Cowboys instead of Cards, but yeah

Honestly hope NE loses before that

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    12-4, 1st NFC West, 2nd seed in NFC

Loss in NFC Championship game
    WE SHALL SEE

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm a little worried about your OL. Should get a good test on Thursday, especially if all of Lawrence/Irving/Crawford/Thornton play.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    I'm a little worried about your OL. Should get a good test on Thursday, especially if all of Lawrence/Irving/Crawford/Thornton play.
    So far so good on the O-Line. Already better than last season at this point in the year.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So far so good on the O-Line. Already better than last season at this point in the year.
    It's pretty disheartening to a guy like Russell Wilson to let your best 3 o-linemen walk during the offseason, including your long-time LT...

Then again, Russell could be blamed for that as well. Every time he takes hits this season, he better be cursing himself for not taking the paycut that would have allowed the Seahawks to have an OL near the caliber of the Cowboys' in addition to that top defense and decent receiving corps.

Still, ESPN has Seattle's OL ranked as worst or near-worst in the league, and by far the worst among playoff caliber teams.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    It's pretty disheartening to a guy like Russell Wilson to let your best 3 o-linemen walk during the offseason, including your long-time LT...

Then again, Russell could be blamed for that as well. Every time he takes hits this season, he better be cursing himself for not taking the paycut that would have allowed the Seahawks to have an OL near the caliber of the Cowboys' in addition to that top defense and decent receiving corps.

Still, ESPN has Seattle's OL ranked as worst or near-worst in the league, and by far the worst among playoff caliber teams.
    Okung was never healthy, so it would've been an unsound financial risk to take on such a player. His value now is even too high despite the manner in which they constructed his contract in Denver. Sweezy was overrated, I watched every game and he wasn't that great. Adding Ifedi, Webb, Sowell have been a shot in the arm. Glowinski played excellently in his one start against a stout Arizona front-line last year and is now a prominent part of the line. And Britt, who has been an absolute waste, has found his natural spot at Center. So while it is just the preseason, and I see everything through Homer eyes, there is still a lot to be optimistic about. As we addressed the line in the draft and free agency. Maintaining Patrick Lewis, who came in and stabilized the line last year at center, was massive IMO. So if Britt doesn't work out, we have a known commodity at center who knows all the calls. And who has a track record of success. It's not the Dallas O-Line, and it never will be. But it's a good start

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Okung was never healthy, so it would've been an unsound financial risk to take on such a player. His value now is even too high despite the manner in which they constructed his contract in Denver. Sweezy was overrated, I watched every game and he wasn't that great. Adding Ifedi, Webb, Sowell have been a shot in the arm. Glowinski played excellently in his one start against a stout Arizona front-line last year and is now a prominent part of the line. And Britt, who has been an absolute waste, has found his natural spot at Center. So while it is just the preseason, and I see everything through Homer eyes, there is still a lot to be optimistic about. As we addressed the line in the draft and free agency. Maintaining Patrick Lewis, who came in and stabilized the line last year at center, was massive IMO. So if Britt doesn't work out, we have a known commodity at center who knows all the calls. And who has a track record of success. It's not the Dallas O-Line, and it never will be. But it's a good start
    J'Marcus Webb has been awful throughout his career. When even an average NFL QB like Cutler repeatedly screams at you and forces you off the team, you know you're doing poorly.

And having an undrafted guy signed in training camp as your starting LT with no more Lynch and RW, a righty QB, being forced to pass more than ever is playing with fire.

The interior part of the line is OK, but nothing to write home about. Who starts at RG, one of the rookies? Even Ifedi is no Zack Martin, as that sort of rookie production is extremely rare for any lineman.

Looks ominously as if RW is going to have to quick pass and scramble a lot again this year, which doesn't bode too terribly well for either him or the defense.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    J'Marcus Webb has been awful throughout his career. When even an average NFL QB like Cutler repeatedly screams at you and forces you off the team, you know you're doing poorly.

And having an undrafted guy signed in training camp as your starting LT with no more Lynch and RW, a righty QB, being forced to pass more than ever is playing with fire.

The interior part of the line is OK, but nothing to write home about. Who starts at RG, one of the rookies? Even Ifedi is no Zack Martin, as that sort of rookie production is extremely rare for any lineman.

Looks ominously as if RW is going to have to quick pass and scramble a lot again this year, which doesn't bode too terribly well for either him or the defense.
    The offensive line was horrid in the beginning of last season. But that was primarily due to the lack of stability at center. Once Lewis came in, the continuity of the line changed dramatically. The primary point is that we have addressed most of the issues outside of having stellar pro-bowlers at each (or any position). The offense line will always be a matter of concern given our emphasis on defense. But despite all of that last season, we still finished in the top five in total offense.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The offensive line was horrid in the beginning of last season. But that was primarily due to the lack of stability at center. Once Lewis came in, the continuity of the line changed dramatically. The primary point is that we have addressed most of the issues outside of having stellar pro-bowlers at each (or any position). The offense line will always be a matter of concern given our emphasis on defense. But despite all of that last season, we still finished in the top five in total offense.
    I don't think your good but not great Dline makes up enough for it.

That secondary, though. And Bennett at WLB.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Being as realistic as I can be.

Seahawks will...

Beat Miami at home
    Beat the Rams
    Beat my Niners at home
    Beat the Jets
    BYE
    Beat Atlanta at home
    lose to Arizona
    Beat NO
    Beat Buffalo at home
    lose to the Pats
    Beat Philly at home
    Beat TB
    Beat Carolina at home
    lose GB
    Beat Rams at home
    Beat Arizona at home
    Beat my Niners

They will lose one of those I have as a win, so....12-4

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Hawks typically drop one to the Rams, it's always a battle.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    I don't think your good but not great Dline makes up enough for it.

That secondary, though. And Bennett at WLB.
    You think our D-Line is just good? Hey, I guess

And don't provide a narrative about the Cowboys O-line, because that's not indicative of the rest of the leagues offensive lines. And as evidenced last night, and earlier on in the first two preseason games, our O-line looks better.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Hawks typically drop one to the Rams, it's always a battle.
    I have you winning both Rams games this year. Rams still finish 8-8. Seahawks finish 12-4 and win the division.

4 road losses:

@ NYJ
    @ NE
    @ AZ
    @ GB

Thread Information