Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We weren't going to get that much for a third string PG (maybe a late first rounder if we were lucky); and CoJo was an integral part of the 2014 run and potential 2015 run. I think the Spurs knew he was gone if he played well. Double edge sword.
    That's exactly what I am saying.
    We should have gotten a pick for him like Ray Mac.
    Spurs just didn't even look at that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should have traded Cojo in a deadline deal, last season. But Pops ass-hole is sooo tight. "Muh team chemistry!" they knew damn well they weren't going to pay Cory to stay. probably coulda got Greivis Vasquez, maybe even Caboclo. It's insane to me to see Toronto steal Biyombo from the bobcats, and do the exact same thing to Caboclo that the bobcats did to Biyombo.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's exactly what I am saying.
    We should have gotten a pick for him like Ray Mac.
    Spurs just didn't even look at that.
    So, you wanted to try and win the 2015 ring without him? That doesn't make sense to me. I know we lost. But had we pulled out the Clippers series, we would have wanted CoJo.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Should have kept him and let Mills' walk in '14.
    ...as if Pop would give him minutes over Porker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, you wanted to try and win the 2015 ring without him? That doesn't make sense to me. I know we lost. But had we pulled out the Clippers series, we would have wanted CoJo.
    They obviously didn't trust him in the playoffs. That is what I am saying. He wasn't going to be resigned nor in the playoffs... they could have dealt him for an asset.

Bottom line I think they did like him and value him and if the Aldridge option didn't pan out, they planned to try to keep him.

Ultimately though, he is in a better spot for himself. He was too good for a 3rd string PG.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They obviously didn't trust him in the playoffs. That is what I am saying. He wasn't going to be resigned nor in the playoffs... they could have dealt him for an asset.

Bottom line I think they did like him and value him and if the Aldridge option didn't pan out, they planned to try to keep him.

Ultimately though, he is in a better spot for himself. He was too good for a 3rd string PG.
    They didn't use him as a regular playoff contributor; but they did trust him whenever they needed him like Gm 6 vs OKC 2014. In a series vs. GS, he would've gotten more minutes. I don't think much was on the table for a 3rd string PG in terms of immediate impact. Spurs made the right choice (unless someone was offer a mid first, which I seriously doubt).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn't use him as a regular playoff contributor; but they did trust him whenever they needed him like Gm 6 vs OKC 2014. In a series vs. GS, he would've gotten more minutes. I don't think much was on the table for a 3rd string PG in terms of immediate impact. Spurs made the right choice (unless someone was offer a mid first, which I seriously doubt).
    We'll just disagree TBH. I think they really wanted to try to keep him, thus he wasn't dealt. But obviously if LMA agreed it was going to be impossible. They must have known chances were about 5% or less he was kept. As bereft as we are of young talent with real potential, we actually let him go for nothing and that was disappointing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't have been possible since he signed an offer-sheet before the LMA deal was completed.
    Not even close. LMA's deal was hammered out during the moratorium. Anf Cory was only signed after the Spurs honored his request to withdraw the QO (also during the moratorium). There was not a moment where any offer sheet was on the table.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop lucked into that game 2 victory last year with TP being injured and being forced to play Mills. The series would have ended much sooner otherwise.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll just disagree TBH. I think they really wanted to try to keep him, thus he wasn't dealt. But obviously if LMA agreed it was going to be impossible. They must have known chances were about 5% or less he was kept. As bereft as we are of young talent with real potential, we actually let him go for nothing and that was disappointing.
    I never said they didn't want to keep him. They knew there was a chance they'd have funds to sign him; and there was a chance they wouldn't have the funds. As the season progressed, it look less likely because of his improved play. He didn't go for nothing because he could've been an important part of a back to back. Yea, that didn't materialize; but still, it wasn't really truly a let him go for nothing scenario in that sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when people hated him in his first 2-3 seasons, just like KA now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cory Joseph is almost a complete offensive player
    FIFY

...and I'm very happy for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh he's ok, people who watched highlights probably think he played a great game. He was ok, he hit that buzzer beater 3, before that play he just checked in and immediately turned the ball over. In the second half I watched him hold the ball for 15 seconds on each play then heave up two consecutive airballs. Watch the games OP and not the highlights. Mainstream NBA fan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh he's ok, people who watched highlights probably think he played a great game. He was ok, he hit that buzzer beater 3, before that play he just checked in and immediately turned the ball over. In the second half I watched him hold the ball for 15 seconds on each play then heave up two consecutive airballs. Watch the games OP and not the highlights. Mainstream NBA fan
    Better than dribble dribble dribble jump shot every possession or Patty missing wide open 3s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league is full of no name players who could contribute if they got minutes. It doesn't mean they would be difference makers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you ask me i would love a lot more to have George Hill back over Cory Joseph.

And i donīt know why but i get the feeling that Hill is somehow within reach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker gets how much to do the same thing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good call. Same with Chinook

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you ask me i would love a lot more to have George Hill back over Cory Joseph.

And i donīt know why but i get the feeling that Hill is somehow within reach.
    There were rumors Indiana was trying to deal him for Teague. He will be in a contract year and will be an UFA in 2017.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just another FAIL by the OP.

CJ's FG dropped from 50.4 in SA to 43.9 in TOR.
    Well, when you go from 2 shots attempted a game to 8-10, that tends to happen to anybody, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, when you go from 2 shots attempted a game to 8-10, that tends to happen to anybody, tbh.
    Cojo's shots per game only increased from 5.3 to 7.2. Per 36 they were virtually the same. And conventional thinking is that more shots means better rhythm, anyways.

The reality is this is another OP fail from a terrible poster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's too bad, because he's basically what they need right now, but timing is everything. They were trying to win one more championship with the big three, Mills was always going to be a better fit next to Ginobili and they were probably hoping for more of a bounce back from the former than they got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...and I'm very happy for him.
    Me too. So glad to see this improved CoJo version.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cojo's shots per game only increased from 5.3 to 7.2. Per 36 they were virtually the same. And conventional thinking is that more shots means better rhythm, anyways.

The reality is this is another OP fail from a terrible poster.
    I see your point but you're also not factoring the spacing he was afforded with the Spurs and the better shots it afforded him. We can't deny he was given a bigger workload and responsibility as a Raptor and he's handled himself decently...and good for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cojo's shots per game only increased from 5.3 to 7.2.
    He was making shots at crucial moments.

If you can't see he has improved on the offensive end, you should watch more Raptors games.

Thread Information