Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like a rich mans Ibaka, can we afford him tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of us wanted him so bad last offseason right after we signed Aldridge even if he has no offensive game. He signed like a hour later with the Raptors after Aldridge did with us. He is probably out of our price range unless we get rid of a few guys. Would be a nice guy to have next to Aldridge, and rather have him than Gasol.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Some of us wanted him so bad last offseason right after we signed Aldridge even if he has no offensive game. He signed like a hour later with the Raptors after Aldridge did with us. He is probably out of our price range unless we get rid of a few guys. Would be a nice guy to have next to Aldridge, and rather have him than Gasol.
    Tristan Thompson got paid off last season's playoffs when he became a starter following Love's injury, Biyombo seems to be following that route.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    0% chance, he will get paid

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    0% chance, he will get paid
    He's better than Ian who had a "contract year" season.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like a rich mans Ibaka, can we afford him tbh?
    Rich man's Ibaka? Um, no. Biyombo has no range whatsoever.

Alongside Kawhi/LMA/Green, I don't know if a purely defensive C is the best fit, especially when Parker isn't even reliable as a 3rd option on offense. Then again, Biyombo could fill the Duncan role and can make it through a whole season without breaking down. He'll get paid but not nearly maxed out imo.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Rich man's Ibaka? Um, no. Biyombo has no range whatsoever.

Alongside Kawhi/LMA/Green, I don't know if a purely defensive C is the best fit, especially when Parker isn't even reliable as a 3rd option on offense. Then again, Biyombo could fill the Duncan role and can make it through a whole season without breaking down. He'll get paid but not nearly maxed out imo.
    Biyombo has to play w/ a PnR point guard like Chris Paul to be a threat on offense, which also mean he has to play w/ a stretch 4 to open up the lane. Basically, he could play the Steven Adams role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strong play tonight! CJ was great on Irving too!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs could bring over Jean-Charles looked like he had some above average shot blocking, and rebounding like Biyombo. Needs to bulk up a bit, and probably won't put up the same numbers but he is cheaper and has an offensive game.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Spurs could bring over Jean-Charles looked like he had some above average shot blocking, and rebounding like Biyombo. Needs to bulk up a bit, and probably won't put up the same numbers but he is cheaper and has an offensive game.
    Biyombo's best asset is his motor which JC lacks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talk like he is on 10,000,000 dollar contract. Try a player option for less than 3 mill. He played only 22 mins a game during season. Can we afford him? Sure but do we want a player who can't put the ball in the hoops from beyond 5 feet. I dont think many teams are going to offer him that much to play as a defender only. Of course, at SA he will win the next 2 DPOY awards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...also, too late.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Talk like he is on 10,000,000 dollar contract. Try a player option for less than 3 mill. He played only 22 mins a game during season. Can we afford him? Sure but do we want a player who can't put the ball in the hoops from beyond 5 feet. I dont think many teams are going to offer him that much to play as a defender only. Of course, at SA he will win the next 2 DPOY awards.
    You must not be aware of the contracts teams have been handing out to big men.

Google Samuel Dalembert, dude got a 65 million contract under the old CBA w/o the help of LeBron's agent. Biyambo is going to get a 4yrs/60 million if he finishes out the series strong.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their is a bigger and longer Biyombo clone in the draft. If we can trade back into the second round Prince Ibeh would be a great get. He has a 9'5" standing reach.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Prince-Ibeh-6449/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    every year, there is a guy who's rookie contract is expiring and his team is too stupid to give a about their team option or match option. last year, the spurs not only gave one in Cojo... but they also missed one with Biyombo. Few years before, it was Aminu. I'd put Earl Clark, BJ Mullens, and Robin Lopez in the category. I'm gonna go out on a small limb and say this year it'll be between Andrew Nicholson or Miles Plumlee. Ezeli and Rivers for honorable mention. Perry Jones and Royce White are free agents right now, nba scouts are over-rated.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's going to get a fat contract. 4-yr/60 million range

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's better than Ian who had a "contract year" season.
    And Ian's going to get a ridiculous contract himself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their is a bigger and longer Biyombo clone in the draft. If we can trade back into the second round Prince Ibeh would be a great get. He has a 9'5" standing reach.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Prince-Ibeh-6449/
    Sounds like a project big, if he has the focus to develop. Report makes it sound iffy on that end.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like a project big, if he has the focus to develop. Report makes it sound iffy on that end.
    Hence the 2nd round.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we can be scared of developing big guys?
    nobody wanted Biyombo last year because he was raw still
    nobody wanted mason Plumlee last year because he was still raw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Byombo and Adams on the same team would win the next 10 rings IMO

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we can be scared of developing big guys?
    nobody wanted Biyombo last year because he was raw still
    nobody wanted mason Plumlee last year because he was still raw.
    He was crap in Charlotte his first few years. He's doing well now because he's found a role he can excel in Toronto. In Charlotte the issue was that he wanted to be a star but I think now he's accepted he's a role player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have gone too far into the "great defense, not enough offense" well. In today's NBA you need instant offense and if Manu retires we simply don't have it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was crap in Charlotte his first few years. He's doing well now because he's found a role he can excel in Toronto. In Charlotte the issue was that he wanted to be a star but I think now he's accepted he's a role player.
    Exactly. We as a fan base are scared of athletic bigs with personality. Why couldn't we get him to comply like Toronto? Or maybe it was because he was in a bad situation in charlotte?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. We as a fan base are scared of athletic bigs with personality. Why couldn't we get him to comply like Toronto? Or maybe it was because he was in a bad situation in charlotte?
    I live in Charlotte so I follow the Hornets closely. Nothing held him back in Charlotte from playing well. He was just pretty raw and he was terrible. He had great athletic ability but couldn't make an impact on either end of the floor. He got plenty of opportunities but couldn't put it together so they traded him.

Thread Information