Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Rather then something like Caitlyn Jenner claiming sHe was bullied after attempting to get a waiter fired for failing to say "Yes your tranny highness" or the San Diego Padres catching heat for blasting a female singers recorded voice over the Gay Mens Chorus group.....

After years of alleged bullying, an Ohio teen killed herself. Is her school district responsible?

Emilie Olsen On Dec. 11, 2014, the 13-year-old shot and killed herself at home.

Parents fight to hold the school district accountable for their daughter’s death has been met with support from parents and denials from school officials.

Former Fairfield City Schools Superintendent Paul Otten, who is among the defendants named in the complaint, left his position last month to become the superintendent of nearby Beavercreek City Schools.

Just last week, Fairfield Middle School Principal Lincoln Butts, also a defendant, resigned for “personal reasons.”

Escalating incidents

It started in the fifth grade, according to the complaint, when Emilie took to wearing camouflage-patterned clothing and cowboy boots. Her style allegedly prompted jeers from classmates who called her “fake country” — because “Chinese people don’t wear camo.”

Things got worse when Emilie entered the sixth grade, the complaint said. She allegedly became the target of mean-spirited social media messages, as well as a fake Instagram account called “Emilie Olsen is Gay.” One classmate allegedly followed Emilie into the bathroom, handed her a razor and instructed her to “end her life.”

Other Instagram accounts surfaced, making sexually explicit comments and derogatory remarks about Emilie’s perceived sexual orientation.

In the gym one day, Emilie and another female student got into a scuffle over the fake accounts, and the student allegedly pushed Emilie and slapped her in the face. A teacher allegedly witnessed and broke up the fight, but took no action other than to direct the students “back to class.”

“I have a bad feeling that if nothing is done then this has the possibility to escalate into something worse,” Marc Olsen wrote in an email to the school’s assistant principals after learning of the fight from the father of a student who saw it happen. He then received a phone call from one of the principals, who allegedly said they were “going to take care of the situation.”

According to the lawsuit, no students were ultimately disciplined for the fight or the Instagram accounts. Superintendent Otten told WCPO last May that he didn’t know about the online bullying.

The bullying only intensified in the seventh grade, the complaint said, when Emilie was placed in the same “POD” (learning group) as several girls who had allegedly harassed her the year before. By then, Emilie had started to inflict self-harm and express suicidal and depressive thoughts.

When the Olsens brought these cir stances to the principals’ attention, they were allegedly told that Emilie “needed to buckle down” and cope even though she told an administrator she was “frightened to return to school.”

While the cyber-bullying continued, physical messages allegedly started to appear on the stalls and walls of the school’s bathrooms. These scrawled scripts singled Emilie out by name — “Go kill yourself Emilie” — and made reference to Emilie’s race and perceived sexual orientation. According to the complaint, while the messages were in “easily observable” locations and “could not have been missed by anyone using the restrooms, including the school administrators” and teachers, the staff failed to remove them in a timely manner.

In October of 2014, a group of Emilie’s friends defended her against her bullies in the cafeteria, initiating a verbal dispute as her friends yelled at the bullies to stop “messing” with Emilie. (The students’ incident reports were obtained by WCPO.)

At a previously scheduled meeting with the assistant principals the next day, Olsen was not told about the fight involving his daughter, the complaint alleges. In the following days, Emilie started vomiting and feeling unwell. When Olsen informed the school that she would be absent because she was felling sick, he was allegedly still not told about the fight.

Through all this, Emilie was becoming increasingly withdrawn, barely recognizable from her old self, the complaint alleges. She seemed to take little interest in her school work, and her grades dropped dramatically. On a personality quiz that Emilie was required to take for class, she described her “bad day symptoms” as “crying, depressing, yelling and screaming, passive resistance, and going into a trance,” the complaint says.

Her Internet search history showed attempts to get help, followed by growing despair, her parents allege in their lawsuit.

Emilie asked strangers online whether they had ever been bullied, and viewed articles about celebrities who were bullied in school. She visited a website with the line “I’m just a kid and my life is a nightmare,” and a picture of a young woman’s slashed forearm, with the caption “I’m not strong anymore.”

At a school where Asian Americans were allegedly labeled “too smart” and mocked for their “slanted eyes,” Emilie seemed to feel alienated, the complaint says.

She went on: “Even if there [sic] adults they hate me. I can’t please anyone with anything I do. Not even my teachers.”

Less than two weeks later, Emilie killed herself. It is unclear how she obtained a gun.

Full Story:
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/aft...cid=spartanntp
    Last edited by Fabbs; 05-23-2016 at 06:24 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    IN B4

Avante: "would hit"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Where were the cops in this

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Where were the cops in this
    “The Fairfield Township Police Department conducted a thorough investigation and did not find any credible evidence that bullying was a factor in this tragedy,”

I am still reading the news stations investigation to see if the PoPo were involved in any way, shape or form before her death.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    “The Fairfield Township Police Department conducted a thorough investigation and did not find any credible evidence that bullying was a factor in this tragedy,”

I am still reading the news stations investigation to see if the PoPo were involved in any way, shape or form before her death.
    That seems pretty damning against her parents case vs the school district

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That seems pretty damning against her parents case vs the school district
    Hardly. That is the phuck school supers words, not the police themselves.
    Watch and read the I-Teams expose.
    "No one in the Fairfield P.O. ever asked for or was provided with Emilys file or incident reports. No one at the school ever mentioned bullying."
    Won't surprise me if additionally the Police Force is:
    Last edited by MultiTroll; 05-24-2016 at 10:25 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Michigan State Spartans
    The parents have a big share of blame in that ... if your daughter is suffering that much, you find another school for a start

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Hardly. That is the phuck school supers words, not the police themselves.
    Watch and read the I-Teams expose.
    "No one in the Fairfield P.O. ever asked for or was provided with Emilys file or incident reports. No one at the school ever mentioned bullying."
    Won't surprise me if additionally the Police Force is:
    Oh, I thought you were quoting the police.

Where are/were the police tho

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    What a strange situation.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The parents have a big share of blame in that ... if your daughter is suffering that much, you find another school for a start
    Plenty of blame to go around here. If she was really struggling for as long as the article said, the parents should have taken some action other than talk to the school.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    How did she get a hold of her dad's gun

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How did she get a hold of her dad's gun
    It doesn't say it was her dad's gun.

Post Count