Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

UFC 203 heads to Cleveland in September with Stipe Miocic vs. Alistair Overeem headliner wp.me/p3WzJ0-OSv

Main Card
    Weight class Method Round Time Notes
    Heavyweight Stipe Miocic (c) vs. Alistair Overeem [a]
    Heavyweight Fabrício Werdum vs. Travis Browne
    Welterweight CM Punk vs. Mickey Gall
    Bantamweight Urijah Faber vs. Jimmie Rivera
    Women's Strawweight Jéssica Andrade vs. Joanne Calderwood
    Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
    Women's Bantamweight Jessica Eye vs. Bethe Correia
    Lightweight Nik Lentz vs. Mairbek Taisumov
    Middleweight Caio Magalhães vs. Brad Tavares
    Flyweight Ian McCall vs. Ray Borg
    Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
    Welterweight Yancy Medeiros vs. Sean Spencer
    Light Heavyweight CB Dollaway vs. Francimar Barroso
    Lightweight Drew Dober vs. Jason Gonzalez
    Lightweight Damir Hadzovic vs. Yusuke Kasuya

Last edited by ace3g; 08-30-2016 at 07:05 PM.

Post Count
    50/50 fight. Reem is the better striker, but his chin is not very durable..

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Post Count
    CM Punk
    UFC
    gimmicks

CM Punk
    UFC
    gimmicks
    gimmicks brock lesnar made ufc what it is today............without brock ufc wouldve never had the boom period..........................cm punk is a bigger star than any ufc fighter the ppv buy rate will confirm it...................
    Last edited by playblair; 06-25-2016 at 03:32 PM.

Brock only worked because he was an NCAA wrestling champ.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Who cares, the guy is a star, he wants to fight, who's to say he can't?

If Zach Efron wanted to fight do you think Dana would refuse him? lol

Brock only worked because he was an NCAA wrestling champ.
    the biggest star in mma mcgregor got over because of his promos.............. cm punk would devour anyone in the ufc on the mic...............ufc fans will praise cm punk after hearing his insults during weigh ins

Main Card
    Weight class Method Round Time Notes
    Heavyweight Stipe Miocic (c) vs. Alistair Overeem [a]
    Heavyweight Fabrício Werdum vs. Travis Browne
    Welterweight CM Punk vs. Mickey Gall
    Bantamweight Urijah Faber vs. Jimmie Rivera
    Women's Strawweight Jéssica Andrade vs. Joanne Calderwood

Believe.
    Post Count
    I give a slight edge to Stipe because he has better chin and more importantly he's a very smart fighter.

But with Overeem's kick boxing/muay thai there's a very realistic chance he takes this, and then it's women's bantamweight all over again (I don't think Alistair can retain that belt for long with that su ious chin).

Also:
    Werdum - Browne
    Urijah - Rivera
    Eye - Correia
    Last edited by thiste; 09-08-2016 at 04:02 AM.

Post Count
    If Mickey does not beat CM punk then i wonder if the fix is in. Every piece of footage I have seen of punk has been awful. Even the open workouts.

If Mickey does not beat CM punk then i wonder if the fix is in. Every piece of footage I have seen of punk has been awful. Even the open workouts.
    not fixed...................mma fans cant handle another wwe star proving he is legit.....................

this wrestler had legit backstage fights & won vs goldberg & lesnar..................

I don't know about awful. He definitely needs work on stand up but that is to be expected considering he had no past experience. You can tell he is putting in the work for wrestling and BJJ though. I am not saying he is going to win but he has surprised me during these "Evolution of Punk" episodes. I thought when he signed, this would be another Couture vs Toney but I truly believe this won't be another Couture vs Toney. Toney seems ignorant that he didn't need to learn wrestling and BJJ.

I'd say the biggest things Punk needs to protect himself from are kicks and the first couple of TDs. If he can survive the first round, that is a victory in itself.

Post Count
    I don't know about awful. He definitely needs work on stand up but that is to be expected considering he had no past experience. You can tell he is putting in the work for wrestling and BJJ though. I am not saying he is going to win but he has surprised me during these "Evolution of Punk" episodes. I thought when he signed, this would be another Couture vs Toney but I truly believe this won't be another Couture vs Toney. Toney seems ignorant that he didn't need to learn wrestling and BJJ.

I'd say the biggest things Punk needs to protect himself from are kicks and the first couple of TDs. If he can survive the first round, that is a victory in itself.
    We will see, I know a lot of that footage in the show was early on but his striking was his chin straight up in the air and throwing wild punches. I think Mickey is thinking submission very early in round 1. RNC IMO..

Believe.
    Post Count
    I think it's safe to say that Faber's championship window has closed.

well Roufus told Punk to go for Overhand right to start fight, if it isn't there go for TD... that resulted in TD by Gall and game over after that. Full speed GnP is different than anything he probably experienced in training.

Thread Information