Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Not a single win should come at that kind of cost.

But you bring up an interesting point. It's not like the players that Briles basically sacrificed his career and his legacy for were difference makers. , Nick Florence stepped in for Robert Griffin and did his job. Why the do you cover for bad characters when you're getting progressively better recruiting classes every single year? Just so mystifyingly stupid.
    Agreed. I've got Baylor alums in my family and they are really bummed about the whole sorted mess......

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    at anyone who thinks Briles won't be re-hired by a school in a major conference.

He'll disappear for two years living off the $20m he's already got and re-emerge after years of soul searching and prayer

my parents dieded in a car crash and they would be so disappointed if I didn't pick myself up

College sports is one of the most amoral ins utions in this country.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I hate it for all the Baylor alums who poured money and time into the program and have it all fall apart in just a few short months. Baylor's compe ion will be ruthless in recruiting.

There is probably an SEC school that will make a call to Briles. They are less transparent in general over there.
    I feel bad for the victims, and the students and alums who understand the gravity of the situation. The people who poured money into the football program though seem to be the ones defending Briles. They can get ed.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    at anyone who thinks Briles won't be re-hired by a school in a major conference.

He'll disappear for two years living off the $20m he's already got and re-emerge after years of soul searching and prayer

my parents dieded in a car crash and they would be so disappointed if I didn't pick myself up

If it ended right now and this was all the damage that was inflicted, yes. I'm sure much more is going to come out, not to mention the lawsuits he's party to. Dude might be pretty ed.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    I feel bad for the victims, and the students and alums who understand the gravity of the situation. The people who poured money into the football program though seem to be the ones defending Briles. They can get ed.
    Yep. The ignorant comments on Facebook posts from Waco make me want to punch a baby.

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    I would be surprised as well. Seems like this situation would result in some serious housecleaning. Art is trying to protect his guys if he can.
    ESPN reporting that they offered Bennett the interim position. FML.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Damn, wish they would've fired him when UTSA was still looking for a coach.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Then Baylor had no reason to fire him

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Then Baylor had no reason to fire him
    Dave Bliss. An SEC team will give him a "second chance" in a couple of years and ESPN will make sure to endorse it.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Who the is in control in Waco?

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...en-jp-urquidez

Everyone is hiding. They are now putting up names of specific Baylor staff, this is getting ridiculous. I wonder if the Big 12 is discussing how to drop them if they can't seem to get anything accomplished.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Obviously - regarding the female students directly effected by the assailants it is an awful, awful situation. One that should have been addressed years ago by the school. Plausible deniability took over instead. The school was terrified of losing Briles and in the end he essentially left them anyway by looking the other way regarding players. The monied alums paid him hand over fist.

People/Alumni that put trust in Briles, some of his staff (apparently) and the AD were burned as well. There are thousands and thousands of great people at Baylor who deserve better and had absolutely nothing to do with what happened.

Baylor will be starting over - in some respects like the 80s SMU when everything comes out in the wash. Its going to get ugly down there.
    Last edited by Harry Callahan; 06-04-2016 at 11:43 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Dave Bliss. An SEC team will give him a "second chance" in a couple of years and ESPN will make sure to endorse it.
    Dave Bliss was a complete fraud as a human being - that was really bad - throwing a dead player "under the bus" so to speak.

Thank goodness Texas didn't hire Briles - the search committee for a new coach would be up and running as we speak. UT has had enough embarrassment the last six years.

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Dave Bliss was a complete fraud as a human being - that was really bad - throwing a dead player "under the bus" so to speak.

Thank goodness Texas didn't hire Briles - the search committee for a new coach would be up and running as we speak. UT has had enough embarrassment the last six years.
    Agreed on all points. My point was simply that Dave Bliss is the reason Baylor HAD to fire him. They might have dodged this bullet if they'd had clean programs all along.

They've handled this so poorly, trying to keep assistant coaches and trying to keep recruits that don't want to stay, I'd be surprised if they ever have a ranked football team again after this season.

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    I think your faith in human nature is stronger than mine. I think he'll end up in either the SEC or the ACC.
    After Les Miles is fired, LSU reportedly reaches out to former Baylor coach Art Briles

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    North Texas Mean Green
    Post Count
    Surprised they're still undefeated?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Surprised they're still undefeated?
    Yeah, I thought Okie St would get me tbh

Thread Information