Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deandre Jordan, Demarcus Cousins, Andre Drummond. What a sad era for Centers.
    Hey, it's better than what we've had in some recent years. In 2012 it was Howard/Bynum/Chandler...and in 2013 it was 37-yo Duncan, Marc Gasol, and ( ty Lakers version) Howard.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing I don't understand about KL is that he has GREAT defensive instincts, but is inept from an offensive standpoint. I fail to see how he can continue to NOT MAKE PLAYS when it matters on the offensive end. Athletically, he's like Lebron, if he wants to get to the rim, he can, but he chooses not to.

The sad part is at 24 he should be over the "it needs to look good" phase and into the "2 points is 2 points" on the brink of "I need to draw a foul/I want the defense to do this so I'll" and he's no where near this.
    I don't think he's trying to look good. He has an amazing ability to control the ball and get a shot off. Unfortunately that allows him to avoid a lot of contact that otherwise might result in a foul. Kawhi has about the same free throw attempts per game as Stef Curry, but he gets takes far more contested shots in the paint than Curry does, and he gets hit a lot more.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he's trying to look good. He has an amazing ability to control the ball and get a shot off. Unfortunately that allows him to avoid a lot of contact that otherwise might result in a foul. Kawhi has about the same free throw attempts per game as Stef Curry, but he gets takes far more contested shots in the paint than Curry does, and he gets hit a lot more.
    Then what is the situation? Is he stupid? Is the coaching staff stupid? I would ask the same questions of LMA. Turnaround jumpers will get you zero rings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, I'm exactly smart enough to realize that...
    Not really.

You said "he isn't quite yet deserving of the awards and accolades he keeps getting"

But in fact he earned those awards and accolades. He had a monster regular season on both ends, he was the best defender in the league...It's pretty obvious he's well deserved of those accolades -winning DPOY, making 1st team- that he's getting in his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really.

You said "he isn't quite yet deserving of the awards and accolades he keeps getting"

But in fact he earned those awards and accolades. He had a monster regular season on both ends, he was the best defender in the league...It's pretty obvious he's well deserved of those accolades -winning DPOY, making 1st team- that he's getting in his career.
    No, he didn't deserve to be first team, scro. Charles Barkley called him the second best player in the NBA. He doesn't deserve to be called that. If his game suddenly falls off next year and he fades back into a good defender who takes a lot of jump shots then everyone is going to say, "Look how that flash-in-the-pan got all those accolades and awards he didn't deserve." If he continues to improve and actually earns a first team spot next year, nobody will even question the one from this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then what is the situation? Is he stupid? Is the coaching staff stupid? I would ask the same questions of LMA. Turnaround jumpers will get you zero rings.
    It's funny that I answered the question with the three sentences after the part you bolded and you didn't seem to read it. I'll try again: He tries to draw fouls inside, but doesn't get calls. The next thing he needs to learn how to do is to draw contact in a way that it forces the refs to call it. Guys like Kevin Martin and Cory Maggette don't get whistles because they're superstars.

Jordan won six rings shooting turnaround jumpers, but he also was able to draw fouls. I'm confident that it's a skill that can be learned.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny that I answered the question with the three sentences after the part you bolded and you didn't seem to read it. I'll try again: He tries to draw fouls inside, but doesn't get calls. The next thing he needs to learn how to do is to draw contact in a way that it forces the refs to call it. Guys like Kevin Martin and Cory Maggette don't get whistles because they're superstars.

Jordan won six rings shooting turnaround jumpers, but he also was able to draw fouls. I'm confident that it's a skill that can be learned.
    No, I read it. If he tries and "doesn't get a call" then he doesn't try again? I never see him CONSISTENTLY taking it to the rim. What kind of player drives once, doesn't get the call, then is scared to drive. This is my point. To allow him to play scared, and not force the issue is either a coaching issue or a player issue.

And you're right. Jordan was able to do it because he didnt just drive once then give up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I read it. If he tries and "doesn't get a call" then he doesn't try again? I never see him CONSISTENTLY taking it to the rim. What kind of player drives once, doesn't get the call, then is scared to drive. This is my point. To allow him to play scared, and not force the issue is either a coaching issue or a player issue.

And you're right. Jordan was able to do it because he didnt just drive once then give up.
    Since I said that Kawhi takes a lot of contested shots in the paint and that he gets hit a lot, I guess I don't agree that he stops, nor do I agree that he is scared to drive, nor do I agree that he drives once and then gives up. RIF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ygwhi vs hoop czar is the bum fight this forum deserves.

God damn, when they said cell phones give you cancer they were probably pulling up this thead. poor rats.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since I said that Kawhi takes a lot of contested shots in the paint and that he gets hit a lot, I guess I don't agree that he stops, nor do I agree that he is scared to drive, nor do I agree that he drives once and then gives up. RIF
    Then he can't finish, and therefore is not the player westbrook is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, he didn't deserve to be first team, scro.
    He did, buttf*cker.

Charles Barkley called him the second best player in the NBA. He doesn't deserve to be called that.
    He didn't make it because of Barkley or because he's the best 2nd player...

He made 1st team because he had a monster regular season, shooting historic 50-40-90 most season -finished 51-44-88-, being one of the most efficient scorers -over 80 percentile in every category from any spot on the floor-, all that, being the best defender in the league.

No one played at his level on both ends in the season, but he didn't deserve to be first team??

If his game suddenly falls off next year and he fades back into a good defender who takes a lot of jump shots then everyone is going to say, "Look how that flash-in-the-pan got all those accolades and awards he didn't deserve."
    That's really stupid.

He had a better regular season than most SFs/Pfs in the league but he didn't deserve first team because he could fail next season??
    Last edited by YGWHI; 05-30-2016 at 01:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay. I agree that he either needs to hit his inside shots or draw a foul. Many times he does an amazing job at keeping the ball away enough to get the shot off but then doesn't draw the whistle. Again, it's a skill he needs to develop. Glad we're all on the same page, here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had a better regular season than most SFs/Pfs in the league but he didn't deserve first team because he could fail next season??
    Having a better regular season than most SF/PF in the league doesn't make you first team, scro.

buttf*cker. Are you 12?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having a better regular season than most SF/PF in the league doesn't make you first team, scro.
    2 spots for SF/PFs he was better than the rest...but he shouldn't have made the first team?

buttf*cker. Are you 12?
    Not that young...I already posted the Spurs gifted me a win on my 21st bday vs the Pels on February. Kawhi was 11-17/26 points

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook isn't a good finisher and probably one of the worst among star players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are really people arguing Kawhi didn't deserve first team ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only the real maverick dumbasses like UNT and hoop czar.

The bulk of this thread is about Kawhi being first team vs kawhi being god of all men. Also people trying to stir up with Kawhi >lma.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. The fall of Davis, Harden, Griffin (though injured).
    2. Jimmy Buckets maybe being under rated.
    3. Someone gave Parker a vote?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. The fall of Davis, Harden, Griffin (though injured).
    2. Jimmy Buckets maybe being under rated.
    3. Someone gave Parker a vote?
    4. LMA moving up from fringe all-star. Looked like first team All NBA for the last couple months (excluding the last few playoff games).
    5. KD and Durant high rated; but....

Thread Information