Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For next year..who would you rather have?

Imo,Manu still has a lot of value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah if we add a roll man, I think we can milk something out of Manu (genuinely think he has suffered from Tiago loss and was bad in that Clippers series partly because the latter couldn't move for )...

Sadly for Tim, it would be better if he retires with self-dignity preserved if his post-January form is what we are getting next season..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two more years of PArker ok (extension to the two years on contract)

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worse contract is porker tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably still duncan. the offense can still rely on kawhi/aldridge if needed, but we have nobody who can protect the rim at all. diaw/west looked like boys among men against OKC. aldridge played solid D this year but he's not an anchor, and boban is like a baby deer out on defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim off the bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I choose both.....final answer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if tim was still like 2015 tim, I would say that both should come back. But tim is clearly suffering from deteriorated knees, so I think he should stay home. Manu, on the other hand, can still run well, be a productive playmaker with great vision, pass well for a 39 year old. He would be asteal if he came back, but I suspect that if Tim retires, he will too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim.

/thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Tim looks anywhere near the Tim in the last two games against OKC then he can return, if he looks like second half Tim and the first 4 games I would rather him retire because he looked bad at times.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim. Bigs can play a long time bc they are tall and thus rim protectors. He can get some blocks, rebounds, and an occasional dunk. And he's not guarding super quick athletes unless it's a pick and roll, and again, his size and experience can help.

Manu has to guard staller athletes and beat them off the dribble. If he can't shoot 38% or better from three, he won't be able to penetrate and his shooting has been eh the last two years. I loved him at his best, but at 38 I just think it's time to move on and give some young players a shot.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim. We need a good bench big.

Ideally I want both back. I think they both could contribute off the bench.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you had to choose between Manu and Tim
    Stupid ass question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Duncan by far
    Big off the bench better then most bigs he would face
    Manu can not create and play back to back needs ton of rest

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Manu can play a Barbosa type role as the 10th man.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim, and it ain't close. Manu was terrible against good teams.

Tim at least showed up when the backs were on the wall, Manu? He fouled out in 15 minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu can play a Barbosa type role as the 10th man.
    This is my ideal scenario. Manu in a Barbosa role and Tim in an Ezeli role as the 3rd/4th big. The only problem is finding good enough players to replace the bigger roles Tim & Manu would be leaving (Starting Center & 6th man). With the money Tim & Manu would be taking up, it's gonna be tough to fill those spots.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Tim ages, I do not understand why he doesn't rely on his mid-range game a little more to provide some semblance of productivity. His bank shot used to be money. Now everything that he puts up is within 3ft from the basket.

If he would try to modify his game to compensate for his old age shortcomings, I'd easily take a 10pt, 9reb, 1blk Duncan. He still has some value as a defensive big, and I'm always worried about TO's when Manu enters the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd choose diarreah before Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is this a discussion? They are both Spurs' legends who are obviously struggling at the ends of their careers. So you decide to start a thread to invite people to piss on them? I know, I know... you only invite people to piss on one of them, because they are supposed to make a choice about which one they would take back vs. which one is just too useless.

How about a choice between one of your useless threads and, say, a Draw Mohammed Cartoon Contest? That would generate a lot of nasty comments, and get you even more of the attention you crave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spursfan need to start thinking in the post-Big Two era, tbh... even if both come back, they're very likely to only shows small glimpses here or there, they're more "surrounding cast" right now than anything else...

Really lots of work to do for RC this summer...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think both offer leadership, and expecting anything more seems like itīs going to be a disappointment.

From time to time it looked like Manu could transform into a PG for the starters like a Derek Fisher type PG, take the ball up, pass, get ready for the open 3pt. I am not sure he can do even this anymore.

In Timīs case he looked unable to finish the whole season, he can adapt to a defensive center only position, and find ways to still contribute defensively against some teams, but is seems that if he cannot regain some mobility then the leagueīs speed is just to much for his actual self. Still we cannot be asses if that lack of mobility is a health or age issue, or both.

I donīt believe there is a clear cut, better contributor, out of these two, I do believe that Aldridge and Leonard need them both in this moment, after an under performing season, where those two where the main cogs of the team. Talk to them, try to make them understand how they changed 2004 into 2005, how a basket here and there changed an early exit into a 7 game Finals win over a historic defensive team, i think both will need Tim and Manu, not in the court maybe, but holding their backs, keeping them pointing in the right direction.

As i said in many threads, the 2.5 millions Manu is due and the 5.65 Tim is due are crumbles for the amount of money most FA will demand, and i donīt believe that amount will make much difference. So if they stay, even only for mentoring, i think Kawhi will benefit, and LMA is the one with the potential to benefit the most, if he can add some of Timmy and Manuīs toughness and compe iveness, then we have a potential championship cornerstone right there.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd choose diarreah before Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim could cause some problems for someone's 2nd team. And be a mentor to a young big.
    But not sure he can go another year on those knees. Probably time for both to hang it up and kidnap Parker in the way out.

The Journey Is The Reward rudwick's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get the name of Westbrook's steroid doc from Sam Presti and have them spend the summer "rehabbing".

Thread Information