Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only positive about how the season ended is that if KD decides to join the Spurs, he won't have the mainstream media and casual fan throw the "If you can't beat them, join them" card..

He'll easily be the best player on the team, too..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say what you want about Skip Bayless, but he made a pretty good point today tbh

Next season he'll be 28 and headed into his 10th year in the NBA, it's win now mode.. He has a 300M shoe deal.. Does he really want to give it ANOTHER shot with Chuckbrook or does he want to win with a San Antonio or Golden State?

It's all about beating Curry and LeBron. Yes he can sign a +1 with OKC and give it another shot but then what? Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka and Adams (qualifying offer) hit the market the same offseason..that has boom or bust written all over it. And it's impossible to project what other destinations will be out there to just assume they'd resign.

But Spurs can offer a guaranteed 3-5yr window starting this summer..

The ONLY thing Spurs can't compete with is $$.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot about that too, damn
    The only positive about how the season ended is that if KD decides to join the Spurs, he won't have the mainstream media and casual fan throw the "If you can't beat them, join them" card..

Plus, a lot of people are saying going to the Spurs makes sense for him basketball wise. Why would that be a sleight against him? It's not like he's demanding a trade right after signing a 5 year deal...he's a FREE agent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My man, we have Leonard. Not easily, more like, possibly

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus, a lot of people are saying going to the Spurs makes sense for him basketball wise. Why would that be a sleight against him? It's not like he's demanding a trade right after signing a 5 year deal...he's a FREE agent.
    Same reasons why they slighted LeBron going to Miami or if KD goes to GSW...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all about beating Curry and LeBron. Yes he can sign a +1 with OKC and give it another shot but then what? Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka and Adams (qualifying offer) hit the market the same offseason..that has boom or bust written all over it. And it's impossible to project what other destinations will be out there to just assume they'd resign.

But Spurs can offer a guaranteed 3-5yr window starting this summer..

The ONLY thing Spurs can't compete with is $$.
    ^ good points

You'll have the same people who didn't think the LMA signing was realistic, on Spurs fans for dreaming big... But it's actually realistic.

E$PN and Heat fans think KD to MIA is possible when they have a earning 25M/per basically dying, a washed SG with terrible knees, an unrestricted Center, and an overrated rookie like Winslow.... THATS being unrealistic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DO NOT WANT DURANT, never seen anyone have such impressive numbers yet have no real impact in big games.

The last thing we need is another guy who puts up good numbers but has zero killer instinct/throws the ball into the front row when the game is on the line

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DO NOT WANT DURANT, never seen anyone have such impressive numbers yet have no real impact in big games.

The last thing we need is another guy who puts up good numbers but has zero killer instinct/throws the ball into the front row when the game is on the line
    His playoffs numbers aren't impressive, tbh..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    no, he didn't..Lebron's supporting casts were never in the same universe as Durant's..

1. Durant isn't joining a team he just defeated in the playoffs, despite having a terribly flawed OKC team with a rookie coach and no HCA
    2. OKC's core is better than San Antonio's
    3. Durant-Aldridge would be sooooooo soft
    Deeps, disagrees ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Westbrook available?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there is a chance, Spurs have to go for it obviously but I don't see this as a real possibility tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's true that the Aldridge and Durant situations are different. But there are some interesting parallells.

Years of playing for the same team without a championship? Check. A superstar PG hogging the spotlight? Check. An acrimonious end to your last playoff run? Check. A connection to the state of Texas? Check. A deep admiration for Popovich and the culture he's built within the Spurs organization? Check.

I'm not saying Durant will come to the Spurs. But Aldridge has set the precedent, so it makes it easier for Durant to make the leap.

The differences are plentiful: Durant plays for a team that just beat the Spurs (again), has a better core going forward, isn't from Texas and doesn't have family in the state.

I've also said with Aldridge, that it was more a marriage of convenience than anything, for both parties involved. It didn't set any precedent; it was a unique case where only the Spurs could offer everything he was said to be seeking.

Who doesn't profess to have "deep admiration for Popovich and the culture he's built"? Not that he or anyone doesn't, but it's also lip service. A lot of times, athletes just say what they're supposed to in a given situation.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    If he doesn't stay in OKC only teams imo he will seriously consider is the Spurs, Warriors. On the Spurs though he will be granted the keys to the franchise, it would still be Curry's team if he signed with Golden State

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there is a chance, Spurs have to go for it obviously but I don't see this as a real possibility tbh
    For 15+ years, nearly every player in the league would have loved a chance to play alongside Tim Duncan. But not many of the big names wanted to come to a small market that would cost them endorsement money. Especially in a small-ish town without world-class ty bars.

Tim Duncan is no longer a draw. The Spurs are still a small market team that don't get the recognition that drives big endorsement contracts. And San Antonio still doesn't have the night life many players want. It's not a recipe for getting a lot of big name players to defect to the Spurs.

The combo of LMA/Kawhi/Durant would be pretty damned formidable. But none of them are prime Tim Duncan. Durant is still one guy who really wants greatness in the form of Championships. But leaving OKc to come to SA is still going to be a pretty tough sell - even if the le of this thread does make it sound automatic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would Durant come to the Spurs and make less money than Kawhi? I doubt it. He ain't coming here for many reasons. Yes, I get that he liked UT, but UT ain't San Antonio. I bet he stays with OKC. Outside chance he goes to Warriors. Very little chance he comes to S.A.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The differences are plentiful: Durant plays for a team that just beat the Spurs (again), has a better core going forward, isn't from Texas and doesn't have family in the state.

I've also said with Aldridge, that it was more a marriage of convenience than anything, for both parties involved. It didn't set any precedent; it was a unique case where only the Spurs could offer everything he was said to be seeking.

Who doesn't profess to have "deep admiration for Popovich and the culture he's built"? Not that he or anyone doesn't, but it's also lip service. A lot of times, athletes just say what they're supposed to in a given situation.
    What core are you referring to? Because everyone has speculated about Durant signing a +1 and become a FA alongside Westbrook..

But Westbrook and Durant won't be the only FA for OKC..Ibaka and Adams will be possible FA as well that same offseason.. So the "core" is only guaranteed for next year and anything after that is uncertain.

Pop, Kawhi, LMA is locked in contract wise for at least 3yrs..Seems to me the Spurs "core" is something you can sell to any FA. Honestly only GSW can offer Durant that same cir stance of GURANTEED 3-5yr window to contend.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would Durant come to the Spurs and make less money than Kawhi? I doubt it. He ain't coming here for many reasons. Yes, I get that he liked UT, but UT ain't San Antonio. I bet he stays with OKC. Outside chance he goes to Warriors. Very little chance he comes to S.A.
    Why would he make less than Kawhi??

Durant can sign 4yr/111M deal

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What core are you referring to? Because everyone has speculated about Durant signing a +1 and become a FA alongside Westbrook..

But Westbrook and Durant won't be the only FA for OKC..Ibaka and Adams will be possible FA as well that same offseason.. So the "core" is only guaranteed for next year and anything after that is uncertain.

Pop, Kawhi, LMA is locked in contract wise for at least 3yrs..Seems to me the Spurs "core" is something you can sell to any FA. Honestly only GSW can offer Durant that same cir stance of GURANTEED 3-5yr window to contend.
    Who knows how the league's landscape looks a year from now? All I'm saying is, right now, which is all we have to go off of, the Thunder have a better core.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His playoffs numbers aren't impressive, tbh..
    his playoffs numbers are quite impressive actually

KD averages 29 ppg at .503 eFG% with 8 rpg and near 4 apg. PER is around 24, WS at 14, per 48 at .18 by comparaison Westbrook averages 24 ppg at .45 eFG% () with 6 rpg and near 8 apg. PER also around 24, WS at 9, per 48 at .15

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's willing to sign, Durant will draw the highest salary.

But it'll also mean either Green or Parker will be traded to make the numbers work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Durant really cared about winning, he would have left a long time ago or request to be traded. I honestly don't think he cares if he wins a ring. If he does, he wants to be a support player with a superstars payday. It seems to me that he does not want to win because when the game is on the line he shrinks from the big moment and either he puts up a shot that he has no shot of hitting or turns over the ball. I think we are better suited using what cap space we have to pursue role players that actually want to win and have a chip on their shoulder. We have too much passivity on our current team. No one player that is intense or super compe ive. Manu was our fire for a long time but he cannot be count on to fulfill that role any longer. We need a player that is going to inject some fire in our roster. A wildcard so to speak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe they can approach Durants mom to be the new Coyote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better her than the walking land whales in the crowd, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya know,they dont even giv'er her tix! Spurs org could win her over jus by giving her tix to every game!

Thread Information