San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DURANT TO THE SPURS, BOOL IT!

I REMAIN STEADFAST!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me if KD remains in OKC there are three super powers in the West, however were he to leave OKC and go to either GS or SA there would be only two, that would mean only one rival to contend with out West. So by leaving he actually improves his chances, there is also the possibility of Russ bolting somewhere else.
    If the choice is between GS and SA, while joining the Dubs might give him the stronger possibility of winning the le, there is next to no chance that the Dubs would ever be seen as "his" team. Even if he could prove to be the best player it would be Curry's team much like the Heat always belonged to Wade. While as long as TD draws breath the Spurs would be seen as his, if KD were to join the Spurs, it is easy to envision him becoming the teams, top scorer. Which would enable Kiwi to concentrate on being the league's top lock down perimeter defender. The media could easily see the Spurs as KD's team, with strong contributions from KL and LA. While the "Servant" doesn't appear as ego driven as many NBA stars, being the 'man' might be of some importance to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    best basketball decision is ============ THE BEST SPORTS ORG IN THE PLANET, THE SPURS!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is all a circus in my opinion. KD wants to experience the process but in the end will just go back to OKC. The Spurs would be wise to treat it for what its worth and move on to other pressing, realistic areas. -- Pau Gasol and Mike Conley can address those.

I read one report that Tim Duncan was coming along with Pop to make the pitch. Not Kawhi, not Aldridge.
    Last edited by tmtcsc; 06-25-2016 at 11:44 AM.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is all a circus in my opinion. KD wants to experience the process but in the end will just go back to OKC. The Spurs would be wise to treat it for what its worth and move on to other pressing, realistic areas. -- Pau Gasol and Mike Conley can address those.

I read one report that Tim Duncan was coming along with Pop to make the pitch. Not Kawhi, not Aldridge.
    Did you say this about LMA last year as well?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you say this about LMA last year as well?
    No. It was clear that LMA was leaving Portland. I thought the Spurs were the clear favorites and was more surprised that Phoenix was even in the equation. If KD wants to come, you cut or move whoever you have to (not named Kawhi Leonard or Aldridge) to make it happen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

there is a reason for this...Tim is still the face of the franchise and the best connected with Manu. Also has a player option that, in case of kd signing, has to be renounced in favor of a minimum salary. in few words, he can confirm to kd, together with Pop, the exact situation, team wise, he's going into, meaning the old big three plus the new big three...plus whatever is possible to add.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh both OKC and GS have a better shot of winning it all next year. We're maybe 3rd or 4th out west. People are really underestamating how ty our roster is. We have no bench. A broken down center and a fat PG. Are LMA and Kawhi enough to lure him here? I doubt it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh both OKC and GS have a better shot of winning it all next year. We're maybe 3rd or 4th out west. People are really underestamating how ty our roster is. We have no bench. A broken down center and a fat PG. Are LMA and Kawhi enough to lure him here? I doubt it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agreed, our roster as of now is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I read that too and I don't know if it's a rumor. The entire core courted Aldridge personally. It could mean they knew Aldridge was definitely leaving Portland. There was no question in anyone's mind that Aldridge was gone from the Blazers. The Durant thing is a lot more uncertain. He's said he's not sure and wants to be courted. He's not a lock to leave like Aldridge was. So they are taking it for what it is and TD himself may be considering retirement still and wants to measure Durant's personal desire to actually leave OKC personally so they can pursue other guys who do want to get out of their current teams like Conley. But the Tim thing is speculation.

Not a fan of the Conley possibility. He really might be near decline too, but just stating it as one of other guys they will be quick to move on to meet after Durant.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read that too and I don't know if it's a rumor. The entire core courted Aldridge personally. It could mean they knew Aldridge was definitely leaving Portland. There was no question in anyone's mind that Aldridge was gone from the Blazers. The Durant thing is a lot more uncertain. He's said he's not sure and wants to be courted. He's not a lock to leave like Aldridge was. So they are taking it for what it is and TD himself may be considering retirement still and wants to measure Durant's personal desire to actually leave OKC personally so they can pursue other guys who do want to get out of their current teams like Conley. But the Tim thing is speculation.

Not a fan of the Conley possibility. He really might be near decline too, but just stating it as one of other guys they will be quick to move on to meet after Durant.
    I seriously doubt that KD will trade OKC or GSW for SAS. OKC and GSW have much better younger talent than the Spurs. Both Green and Aldridge around 30 years old.

I wouldn't trust a conley signing, he's all banged up and we still have Parker in the books.

Spurs on chance is really for their other players to become better.

I would like Spurs to get Batum, however it seems like he's GSW plan B!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously doubt that KD will trade OKC or GSW for SAS. OKC and GSW have much better younger talent than the Spurs. Both Green and Aldridge around 30 years old.

I wouldn't trust a conley signing, he's all banged up and we still have Parker in the books.

I agree with you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think something that may really benefit us is that he seems to love the city of Austin. I think he said a while back that he would like to live there again one day. It's about a little over of a hour drive from I-35 to the AT&T Center if he would decide to live out there. Both cities are really growing into each other fast that's probably going to be a huge metro area like Dallas-Fort Worth is right now one day. Just a little further but if they're building this train from San Antonio to Austin like they have been proposing lately you could be in both cities in a matter of minutes.

Hook 'em
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he leaves OKC for anyone he loses about $85 million dollars. It's not happening, we need to focus our efforts elsewhere

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Durant would not get enough touches with the Warriors, the ball will go to either Curry or Thompson all the time. If he's willing to team with Green as a distributor with an occasional shot, fine. Spurs offer a deep team and a chance for him to be the face of the franchise, for the Warriors it's always gonna be Curry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he leaves OKC for anyone he loses about $85 million dollars. It's not happening, we need to focus our efforts elsewhere
    Agreed, got.

Hook 'em
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad you do got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do it RC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    delusional spurmsfan

Kd is not coming to mexico

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Might be too pricey for someone coming off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously think KD is not a fan of Curry the way he came out an said Curry just take bad shots, most of them just goes in. But he called Kawhi a system player but reniged on his words an started speaking highly of Kawhi. Was it flak or is it just "Respeck on his name"... Idk but I know if KD signs here, he an LMA would be the go to guys an Kawhi could keep all his focus on the defensive side of the ball.... KD wouldn't be the man in GS. He'd be worse off than he was in in OKC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm suprised Aldridge won't be at the meeting, they seem to be good buddies . Though last year Kawhi and Parker I believe showed up to the meeting with Aldridge at the last minute. Pop/Kawhi's relationship with KD has really increased a lot recently. He was praising both of them so much this past season, even more than Aldridge did before he signed with us. Pop is the best recruiter in the league also at this point. I don't believe one bit that the Warriors are front runners, just thrown against the wall and hope it sticks. If it's not true, the reporter will make up something that KD changed his mind at the last second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sobering but salient.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

My dream scenario would be to sign Mike Conley and do a S&T with Charlotte, Batum for Green. Conley's injury history is a little concerning but the Spurs would have a backup pg on the roster that helped navigate the Spurs to a 67 win regular season. In Conley, you're basically signing him for his prime years so it's not a terrible gamble like it was signing Parker to an extension at age 34. Also, it's better to sign Conley than sign some mid tier player to the same max contract and getting less bang for your buck. The available free agent pg's are slim picking over the next couple of years.

Thread Information