Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You high? KL hasn't led Spurs to anything.
    TBFH

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    That franchise is done for the foreseeable future when GS puts the Final nail in the coffin on Monday. Sure, a mentally strong core like the Spurs had can come back from potential franchise killing chokejobs (Game 6), but the frayed relationship Durant and Westbrook have will be likely be severed now. Durant will also get blasted by the local media over there following this game. Barring a miracle win, Durant is gone.
    Playing devil's advocate for a moment, if he did choose to leave OKC for SA, what position would he play? SF and PF are both taken. If his relationship with Westbrook is fractured and again, I'm not sure that it is, why wouldn't he leave regardless of whether he wins a championship or not? Why does his decision hinge on game 7 loss to the Warriors?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    "Why would we want that choker!!!"

Kawhi and Timmy will teach him how to win.
    They couldn't teach other playoff choke artists like Porker and Aldridge how to win, how do you expect Durbeta to learn how to win?

PRESSURE MAKES DIAMONDS
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He ain't staying. Blowing a 3-1 lead with that kind of (3-23 from 3) chokejob at home is franchise killing .

"Why would we want that choker!!!"

Kawhi and Timmy will teach him how to win.
    Hilarious!!!

But he ain't coming to SA, dog.

The league already took care of that when they fixed the Spurs out in 6...

Now going to the Spurs is just a "lateral move," LOL.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    VERY unlikely, but if the Worriers were gonna lose the Series, nothing better than in front of their fans.
    The last team to lose a Gm 7 at home after coming back from a 3-1 deficit was...*drum rolls*...the 2006 Spurs.

KD is essentially the Black Dirk so OKC might hold on if Gaymond has a Turnobili game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not going anywhere. And if he did, there are better options than the Spurs. Don't get Spurstalk's obsession for wanting him or thinking he's coming over.
    Are you kidding?

Spurs are in a dire, dire need of an additional perimeter scorer right now, especially one who is a volume 3 point shooter. The Spurs don't have any ball dominant players on the team, which would definitely appeal to Durant who's had to watch Westbrook chuck 30 shots per game up for the past 8 seasons (Westbrook is a beast, but typically, volume scorers like Durant don't like playing with other ball dominant players). If the Spurs can retain Green, KD gets to play alongside 2 of the best perimeter defenders in the league, meaning he has to carry less of load defensively. Even if the Spurs have to move Green, playing alongside Kawhi has to be a very appealing idea.

And of course, LMA is a name, and Parker, even though he sucks, still has "name" value. Not to mention the gravity Pop has with the players around the league. Furthermore, Pop is coaching Team USA, so if KD and Pop form a relationship, the chances are even better.

Why does Spurstalk want him?

Because we have ONE legitimate perimeter scorer on this team. Manu is done. Tony is about done. Green is one-dimensional. And our bench perimeter players (Patty, Fathead) are unreliable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice part about this series tbh. if warriors win it increases the chance Durant leaves and if OKC wins we can all laugh at GS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you kidding?

Spurs are in a dire, dire need of an additional perimeter scorer right now, especially one who is a volume 3 point shooter. The Spurs don't have any ball dominant players on the team, which would definitely appeal to Durant who's had to watch Westbrook chuck 30 shots per game up for the past 8 seasons (Westbrook is a beast, but typically, volume scorers like Durant don't like playing with other ball dominant players). If the Spurs can retain Green, KD gets to play alongside 2 of the best perimeter defenders in the league, meaning he has to carry less of load defensively. Even if the Spurs have to move Green, playing alongside Kawhi has to be a very appealing idea.

And of course, LMA is a name, and Parker, even though he sucks, still has "name" value. Not to mention the gravity Pop has with the players around the league. Furthermore, Pop is coaching Team USA, so if KD and Pop form a relationship, the chances are even better.

Because we have ONE legitimate perimeter scorer on this team. Manu is done. Tony is about done. Green is one-dimensional. And our bench perimeter players (Patty, Fathead) are unreliable.
    co- ing-signed tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing devil's advocate for a moment, if he did choose to leave OKC for SA, what position would he play? SF and PF are both taken. If his relationship with Westbrook is fractured and again, I'm not sure that it is, why wouldn't he leave regardless of whether he wins a championship or not? Why does his decision hinge on game 7 loss to the Warriors?
    Kawhi can play SG. And in small ball lineups, LMA at 5, KD at 4, Kawhi at 3...

If this Thunder team were to win the le, then naturally KD would want to come back to try for another. But blowing a 3-1 series lead, against a historically great regular season team that has been hyped to no end, leaves the kind of sour taste in a player's mouth that is only remedied by "leaving." See Lebron leaving Cleveland for the first time, when his 66 win Cavs team lost to a underwhelming Magic team and then follow up the next year with losing to a 50 win Celtics team.

There's only so much failure a player can take with a specific franchise. And yeah, KD is to blame for some of that failure, but so was Lebron. Didn't stop him from leaving.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait to watch him and Kiwi settle for mid range bricks
    Imagine KD in an actual system with shooting around him and ball movement. When he's running offense and Westbrook isn't, he's surrounded by one guy who can hit an jumpshot around league average (Ibaka). Westbrook is horrible shooting and Kanter can't stay on floor because of his D. Adams and Roberson are no threat.

Monday will seal his fate either way. He loses and sees this as a team that has blown it's draft picks other than Adams recently, and that will be capped out for the foreseeable future so can only get better by adding minimum vets, getting lucky with a late draft pick, or getting the right guy to sign for the MLE.

They need a guy like Bazemore or Courtney Lee if they take the MLE. Or hope someone like Gordon can be useful to displace Waiters.

Spurs clearing cap space for Durant isn't the worst idea - even if he doesn't come, they'll be able to sign guys at more reasonable deals before the cap es next season. Just ideally, don't move Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you kidding?

Yep..the type of game the Warriors just won can only happen if somebody other than your best player blow up for a +30 point game on the road..the Spurs haven't had one of those guys since peak Manu..I don't think LMA has it in him and Kawhi is simply tasked with too much on D and is not yet explosive scoring-wise..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe but, there's a 99.999% he stays in OKC. Do you realize the roster adjustments the Spurs would have to make to just to sign him even if he did consider leaving?
    The Spurs already sacrificed depth before, they will do it again for KD.

The only issue to consider in the negotiation is what is Durant willing to sacrifice? Stats, points, minutes, media recognition?

He knows if he signs with the Spurs he won't have +20 FGA per game in regular season or playoffs, no more scoring champion seasons, he will barely play more than 34 minutes per game...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He isn't coming here.
    ^^^ agree.
    Spurs fans setting themselves up for disappointment.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn you all over react to one ing game all the time. He's not leaving OKC, especially when the loss tonight was his own god damn fault.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The didnt choke because of his team. They choke because of him. Russell has been outplaying him the whole playoffs and the role players have steped up.
    I kind of agree. Russ didn't play well either, but they in general have a good team. In fact if you switch out just Kawhi and Durant, same team, Kawhi wins, seriously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant is the best FA on the market, if there is any chance to sign him, the Spurs have to.

It would be amazing if they can sign the best FA for 2nd consecutive offseason.
    Odds are against us....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs already sacrificed depth before, they will do it again for KD.

The only issue to consider in the negotiation is what is Durant willing to sacrifice? Stats, points, minutes, media recognition?

He knows if he signs with the Spurs he won't have +20 FGA per game in regular season or playoffs, no more scoring champion seasons, he will barely play more than 34 minutes per game...
    He'll probably still get a lot of touches, since he'll be taking shots away from Parker. And if Duncan is gone next season or comes off the bench, there's more attempts for him. Not to mention Manu's reduced load translates into more shots for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Klay Thompson......
    Dude can shoot lights out....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn you all over react to one ing game all the time. He's not leaving OKC, especially when the loss tonight was his own god damn fault.
    Why would he stay there?

Also, many of Cleveland's flame outs in the post season were Lebron's fault, especially his last game there prior to the Decision when he had 10 turnovers. Yeah, pairing with Wade and Bosh was "planned," but we don't know if KD has plans of his own.

It is a longshot, but we have a shot.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's worse, choking a 3-1 series or blowing a 5 point lead with 28 secs remaining while leading 3-2 in a game 6 of a best of 7 finals?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats a great photo. Bill Russell just may be the GOAT. I bet he is impressed with Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The OKC ninja turtle is the reazon Warrios will win it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I so don't want us to waste the the coming peak years of Kawhi like we did with Timmy in early 2000s...I'll take every talent I can add...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last team to lose a Gm 7 at home after coming back from a 3-1 deficit was...*drum rolls*...the 2006 Spurs.

KD is essentially the Black Dirk so OKC might hold on if Gaymond has a Turnobili game.
    I wanted Raymond to melt, unlikely to happen though bc Kerr has reigned him in.

Kerr sat him down when he was starting to run his mouth.

I didn't watch GSW vs Cavs RS but I feel Cavs have no chance against GSW (LeBron haters will be happy about it but I don't care about the eastern conference teams at all unless we are in the finals). Western conference teams getting on a dynasty while we are in the middle of a retooling/rebuilding though I can't get behind.

OKC athleticism, length and rebounding gave GSW the most trouble. If GSW closes out OKC I feel they will win the finals, repeat, and shut down all the asterisk talk. On to the draft, summer league and rebuild/retooling for us.

I'm a loser
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you!!
    i hate that ing KD so much!!
    dont come to Spurs and pollute Spurs!!

!!

Thread Information