Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I so don't want us to waste the the coming peak years of Kawhi like we did with Timmy in early 2000s...I'll take every talent I can add...

But yeah, let's add more late round Euro draft picks, 2nd round projects, old ass vets, and unsigned players. That'll get us over the hump!

Anyhow, it was proven that Kawhi and LMA plus a "Committee" wasn't enough, and it won't be enough next season or the following season. The Warriors core are all still under 30. We need a 3rd star on the perimeter. And with Parker declining by the minute, Manu ready for the retirement home, Kawhi is going to have carry more perimeter scoring load than ever next season. He needs help. And like I said, we can't sit around waiting for "the perfect player at the perfect price."

I would even gamble on DeRozan if no one else is available. That's how in' desperate I am for a perimeter player other than Kawhi who can actually score more than 20 points for 2 consecutive games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll probably still get a lot of touches
    Of course, but not the same volumen that he has on the Thunder.

LMA was willing to sacrifice his individual stats, but he's 30/31 years old, maybe a younger player like KD isn't ready to make that move yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great, then we can watch KD, Kawhi, and LMA choke all at the same time in crunchtime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course, but not the same volumen that he has on the Thunder.

LMA was willing to sacrifice his individual stats, but he's 30/31 years old, maybe a younger player like KD isn't ready to make that move yet.
    Pop will have to sell it that him and Kawhi will basically be like him and Westbrook, with LMA in the Ibaka role. LMA will be willing. He just probably wants a ring, no matter the role. Time is ticking on his prime years.

If this does happen, Pop will also naturally increase the pace of the offense, meaning more touches all around for the new Big 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt KD comes to SA....For all I know he will probably resign with OKC...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    OKC athleticism, length and rebounding gave GSW the most trouble. If GSW closes out OKC I feel they will win the finals, repeat, and shut down all the asterisk talk. On to the draft, summer league and rebuild/retooling for us.
    Duds weren't that impressive against the Blazers who aren't exactly an athletic team nor known for their defense.

Kyrie is actually a better version of Lillard & JR is a MUCH better defender than CJ. The person that would have trouble on defense is Love but they could play him at center, swap Tristan w/ Delly so he can guard Curry & LeBron can matchup against Draymond. They also have Shumpert who was the one that put the clamps on Klay last season.

For the Cavs to win, Love has to be playable, Kyrie would have neutralize the current version of Curry & LeBron has to play defense like the 2013 Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop will have to sell it that him and Kawhi will basically be like him and Westbrook, with LMA in the Ibaka role. LMA will be willing. He just probably wants a ring, no matter the role. Time is ticking on his prime years.

If this does happen, Pop will also naturally increase the pace of the offense, meaning more touches all around for the new Big 3.
    Not sure if the Spurs can increase the pace with Manu and Tim still on the team...Also, playing KD only 34 mpg doesn't give him many chances to score 28 ppg.

Despite touches, points, minutes, all those things, I still think the Spurs are on top of his list.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 05-29-2016 at 07:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odds are against us....
    Well, weirder things happened in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duds weren't that impressive against the Blazers who aren't exactly an athletic team nor known for their defense.

Kyrie is actually a better version of Lillard & JR is a MUCH better defender than CJ. The person that would have trouble on defense is Love but they could play him at center, swap Tristan w/ Delly so he can guard Curry & LeBron can matchup against Draymond. They also have Shumpert who was the one that put the clamps on Klay last season.

For the Cavs to win, Love has to be playable, Kyrie would have neutralize the current version of Curry & LeBron has to play defense like the 2013 Finals.
    Ill have to see it to believe it TBH. I don't think Cavs will win. But I don't care about the east. I actually sympathize with Cavs bc they were dealt a bad deal last season with a depleted team in the finals. I just get bored of the same LeBron shizz but being bored by the lack of diversity coming out of the east is not the same as hate so I am perfectly ok (in fact I'd prefer it if they win over GSW), I just don't think they have it in them to defeat GSW.

I would also take Durant in a heartbeat bc the team needs a talent injection but I don't think Durant is a seamless fit and he won't make us necessarily much better bc we need a guard and a big, but we also need talent. Frankly I just don't want Pop to run this thing right back almost entirely as it was, and yet that's exactly what is ikely to happen.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I would also take Durant in a heartbeat bc the team needs a talent injection but I don't think Durant is a seamless fit and he won't make us necessarily much better bc we need a guard and a big, but we also need talent. Frankly I just don't want Pop to run this thing right back almost entirely as it was, and yet that's exactly what is ikely to happen.
    LeBron left the 60 win Cavs to form the Heatles after the Heat got bounced in the 1st rd, so it's possible if Aldridge has some type of acquaintance w/ KD since they are both a product of Texas Longhorns program. The most likely indicator is how he plays in Gm 7, if he quits on his team then he's done!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Klay Thompson......
    Dude can shoot lights out....
    Same here, and solid d.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD has been shooting poorly, and it hurt OKC today when they most needed it.

Game 7 will be fascinating though - Westy could go beast mode like he did against us in game 5, or KD could bounce back.

OKC lost this game like we lost 2 and 5 - simply couldn't score in last few minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn you all over react to one ing game all the time. He's not leaving OKC, especially when the loss tonight was his own god damn fault.
    Exactly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klaymond knocking down 3s. OKC unable to stop him. Has the West come to this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD has been shooting poorly, and it hurt OKC today when they most needed it.

Game 7 will be fascinating though - Westy could go beast mode like he did against us in game 5, or KD could bounce back.

OKC lost this game like we lost 2 and 5 - simply couldn't score in last few minutes.
    ran out of gas.....you think there going to have anything left in the tank for game 7....doubt it....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron left the 60 win Cavs to form the Heatles after the Heat got bounced in the 1st rd, so it's possible if Aldridge has some type of acquaintance w/ KD since they are both a product of Texas Longhorns program. The most likely indicator is how he plays in Gm 7, if he quits on his team then he's done!
    Plot thickens.

And let's not forget the hints KD was dropping during our series.

"Kawhi is the best mid-range shooter in the game."

"I have tremendous respect for the Spurs."

(on David West taking a paycut) "Money isn't everything."

Now, I'm not saying it's a done deal or even that the odds are in our favor, but I think KD is playing with the idea in his mind.

The conditions also happened to unfold perfectly to maybe motivate KD to joining the Spurs.

- He beat us. So he avoids the shame of having of to run to a team that beat his team or to a championship team. Despite the 67 wins, the Spurs are nowhere near as good as that record, and KD will see himself (and the media will also see it) as him being the final "piece" to a team on the verge of contention (yeah, we weren't a contender this season. Couldn't even make it to the in' Conference Finals, like a contender is supposed to). Again, he'll be seen as the "savior."

- Epic chokejob. As mentioned, what's happening to the Thunder is the kind of situation that sours a player on his current situation to the point where he needs a change (see: Lebron bolting Cleveland).

- He's the perfect fit. The Spurs have no other perimeter/guard scoring aside from Kawhi. KD will know he will get plenty of touches.

- Pop is coaching Team USA. Kawhi Leonard is also on that team. If a relationship develops, and KD likes playing for Pop, our odds are greatly increased.

All the dominos (no pun intended) are falling into place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ran out of gas.....you think there going to have anything left in the tank for game 7....doubt it....
    You never know. Noone thought they'd be this good until we woke the beast with that 32pt beatdown.

Klay won't hit 11 3s again, and today's game was basically decided by 3 plays.

I rate Dubs as 55-45 favorites.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine the corny HEB commercials...
    Imagine the tiles! Not one..not two..not three

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next year is durant instead barnes in warriors starting lineup...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The didnt choke because of his team. They choke because of him. Russell has been outplaying him the whole playoffs and the role players have steped up.
    Broken clock is right.

Westbrook is the one that the Spurs need, not Durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he leaves after that performance he can flush his legacy down the damn toilet. He better stay put. OKC is still stacked going forward..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You high? KL hasn't led Spurs to anything.
    Finals MVP vs Heat!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bump worthy thread in a few months

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's as much a reality as is Leonard coming off the bench to accommodate Durant. Gulp living in a dream world.. If he goes anywhere at all which is highly unlikely, he'd go to GS before SA 10/10 times.
    Disagree 100%. Definitely think he leaves unless OKC at least keeps Game 7 compe ive until close to the end. If the Warriors ever break the game open, Durant is gone.

On that note, I give Durant about a 10% chance of choosing SA. About 20% chance to go to GS, 10% chance to stay in OKC, 10% chance to go to LAL, 35% chance to go to WAS, and a 15% chance to go to some other team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So let's say OKC gets eliminated after the next game and let's take into account how bad they choked against GSW. Why in the would he join the Warriors? I can't wrap my head around how someone, who makes his living as a compe or and as the main cog of his current team, would join the team that just eliminated him in such am unforgettable fashion. Durant is going to have many sleepless nights and a bitter taste in his mouth for a while; him joining the Warriors after this debacle is at zero percent. It's not like the guy is a nobody journeyman switching teams.

Thread Information