Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will not even mention other teams while GS with try to throw SA under the bus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I woulnt know what to say if the spurs can pull this off

They have a legit shot, but i think okc then the dubs are the frontrunners

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of me doesn't want him though, yeah I know he's a generational player but I really wish the Spurs had more depth and talent and you can't get that with three max contracts and Parker's contract.
    F that, go all in to get durant and worry about the rest later

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His legacy becomes tainted if he joins the two time mvp, no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think he stays in OKC, but if he were to leave, I think Golden State would be the wiser choice tbh. And them losing in the Finals actually helps their chances of landing him.
    This. Some other guy posted a thread during the finals about "real Spurs fans should root for Cleveland" but that's not the case. If the Dubs had won a) Durant wouldn't go to Oakland as a coat-tail rider, now he can call himself the difference maker and 2) the Dubs might be hesitant to reshuffle pieces on a championship team even for Durant. Now, I think we're in third place behind OKC and Warriors to get him. Dubs have more pieces and generally younger pieces. Pop and crew have to overcome all that. It's possible but less likely. If Dubs had won, we'd be in the drivers seat if Durant wanted out of OKC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said it's going to be a basketball decision or reasons or something like. We're a red hot chance. He knows just how good Kawhi is (first hand) and knows Kiwi can stop Bron like very few have. It the recipe to get out of the West and win a LO'B.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ But the Warriors beat the Thunder, and you get the mentality of 'can't beat them, join them.' Which reflects negatively towards Durant.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    With the Ibaka trade I don't see the Thunder beating either Warriors or Spurs, so if he wants to leave OKC and still be on a contender in the West, it's either Spurs or Warriors. If he wants to join the Warriors and get a max deal they would have to shake up their roster, Spurs would have to do the same but not as dramatically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no doubt in my mind, if you get KD, you HAVE to trade Parker and I don't mean for cap space, although that would be an added benefit. I'm sure Conley would get onboard.

Then the ring chasers will come to the team for cheap.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Some other guy posted a thread during the finals about "real Spurs fans should root for Cleveland" but that's not the case. If the Dubs had won a) Durant wouldn't go to Oakland as a coat-tail rider, now he can call himself the difference maker and 2) the Dubs might be hesitant to reshuffle pieces on a championship team even for Durant. Now, I think we're in third place behind OKC and Warriors to get him. Dubs have more pieces and generally younger pieces. Pop and crew have to overcome all that. It's possible but less likely. If Dubs had won, we'd be in the drivers seat if Durant wanted out of OKC.
    Actually, if GSW had won, I would think Durant would have going back to OKC as his number one choice as he would probably be thinking that they were the best team and should have won. Now that the Warriors lost, that's at least 2 teams ahead of OKC, and he's maybe having some slight doubts thinking OKC wasn't as good as he thought they were.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's happening!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would mean the dude is in gutless beta who might not have been worth it after all....Imagine Lebron joining the Celtics in 2010
    I mean, is joining a 67-win team that won a le only a few years ago (while eliminating his team) with mostly the same squad that much different? Feel like if you're going to call him a gutless beta for joining GS, you'd pretty much have to do the same with him joining SA.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, is joining a 67-win team that won a le only a few years ago (while eliminating his team) with mostly the same squad that much different? Feel like if you're going to call him a gutless beta for joining GS, you'd pretty much have to do the same with him joining SA.
    No. He beat us. He lost to Golden State. Not the same.

He'll join a team that went fishing in the first and second rounds recently.... He won't have to worry about that label

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. He beat us. He lost to Golden State. Not the same.

He'll join a team that went fishing in the first and second rounds recently.... He won't have to worry about that label
    I know it's not quite as bad as GS, but I still feel like it'd be considered "front-running". The Spurs have widely been considered a top 3 team in the league the past few years. People called them a superteam last season once they added Aldridge and then they went on to win 67 games. Yeah, they got eliminated in the 2nd round, but they clearly weren't your typical 2nd round fodder team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it's not quite as bad as GS, but I still feel like it'd be considered "front-running". The Spurs have widely been considered a top 3 team in the league the past few years. People called them a superteam last season once they added Aldridge and then they went on to win 67 games. Yeah, they got eliminated in the 2nd round, but they clearly weren't your typical 2nd round fodder team.
    for those who watched the two teams in the playoffs, there is a big difference, but I think he should do what is best for him no matter the media (it would still be ridiculous going to 73W team that knocked him)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's not the same at all.

2x MVP
    Broke regular season record
    And eliminated KD team

Hook 'em
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very interesting Timmy will be part of the contingency to meet with Durant....I just don't want the man to ever retire, I know he will, can't stop holding on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he go to warriors it's a sure le for him cause they almost a perfect team even without him, if he go to the spurs there is a risk spurs to still blow it with their soft mentality, so going to spurs it's too much pressure for him as he could end up the biggest joke all time if not winning the le after the ring chasing... So no way he come to spurs...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His legacy becomes tainted if he joins the two time mvp, no?
    Curry? Or Tim?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its gonna take a miracle but then again......would you play with Chuckbrook in OKC at the same ing your ass time you are in a press conference he ought to tell that to GTFO......

KD wants to win I hope the Texas connection works......

The system Baby!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not about who beat who, it's about basketball, and the maturity of the team.
    Ibaka always had an impact on games as a shot blocker. They will really have to learn to play better team defense or they are going to get lit up on a nightly basis.
    The lack of maturity with Westbrook, Curry, and Thompson will always be a distraction. Plus, KD will never see the ball in GSt. With the Spurs, he will remain the number one offensive option, does not have to worry about egos, gets a tax break, and does not have to worry about KL guarding him, anymore. The best "basketball" decision is the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not about who beat who, it's about basketball, and the maturity of the team.
    Ibaka always had an impact on games as a shot blocker. They will really have to learn to play better team defense or they are going to get lit up on a nightly basis.
    The lack of maturity with Westbrook, Curry, and Thompson will always be a distraction. Plus, KD will never see the ball in GSt. With the Spurs, he will remain the number one offensive option, does not have to worry about egos, gets a tax break, and does not have to worry about KL guarding him, anymore. The best "basketball" decision is the Spurs.
    I agree...considering also the texas connection (see alridge) and the fact that the other main weapons for the future (leonard alridge and green ) are signed for at least the next three years...

Thread Information