Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A federal judge blasted by Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump Friday has taken note of the fact that Trump isn't happy with the way the judge is handling lawsuits over alleged fraud by the Trump University real estate seminar program.

Just hours after Trump used a campaign speech at a San Diego convention center to unleash a remarkable verbal fusillade against U.S. District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel, the judge — who also happens to be based in the same southern California city — acknowledged a much more measured fashion of the criticism Trump has aimed at the court.

"Defendant became the front-runner for the Republican nomination in the 2016 presidential race, and has placed the integrity of these court proceedings at issue," Curiel said in an order unsealing a series of internal Trump University do ents that Trump's lawyers asked be kept from the public.
    Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-...#ixzz4A1EF52od

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash slandered Curiel as a "Mexican". Curiel born in Indiana.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boutons the mod. Your totalitarian threads are great for your sense of accomplishment and territorial pissing but some people such as myself don't bother reading them. I felt that this topic would have legs and was threadworthy.

If you don't like it, in your own words: GFY.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mod? I linked to an article more complete than the OP

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Poor boo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wishful thinking, got anything else?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blast judge now settle and blame the judge and move on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the trial timing moved to after November, if elected does Prezidant Trump get all charges voided?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the trial timing moved to after November, if elected does Prezidant Trump get all charges voided?
    I don't think being the President-elect necessarily comes with some sort of immunity from civil liability for things that occurred before being elected President.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^If not technically legally, will the decision to pursue prosecution mysteriously go away / get *settled*?
    I mean if Trump settles with the people fairly, great.
    Get the feeling he is going to weasel out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^If not technically legally, will the decision to pursue prosecution mysteriously go away / get *settled*?
    I mean if Trump settles with the people fairly, great.
    Get the feeling he is going to weasel out.
    The case will only go away if Trump is able to convince a judge that the claims against Trump U are unmeritorious, if a jury hears the case and determines that there's no liability, or if Trump settles with the Plaintiffs.

Given the deep pocket that Trump represents, the Plaintiffs' lawyers are certainly not likely to settle their case for pennies on the dollar at this point, particularly if they're getting favorable rulings from the court (either because they deserve them or because the judge is biased against Trump and is making decisions on that basis -- though the latter seems quite unlikely).

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    American politics

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From all reports I've seen, Trump U was a scam that nobody benefited from except Trash himself. He lied ( surprise! ) that he personally chose the "professors".

Anybody got reports from Trump U graduates that say their "education" was completed and beneficial?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump goes after judge in ‘Trump University’ case

By some measures, the controversy surrounding “Trump University” is a helpful microcosm of a much broader problem.

A group of people,
    impressed by Donald Trump’s purported wealth, rallied behind a high-profile endeavor, only to discover that the rhetoric was hollow and Trump couldn’t deliver on his grandiose promises.

Maybe, just maybe, there’s a parallel between this and the Republican’s presidential campaign.
    The difference, of course, is that some of the students who attended the “courses” have a recourse voters lack: they’re suing “Trump University.”

the New York Republican was the namesake of a “university,” where students sometimes “max[ed] out their credit cards to pay tens of thousands of dollars for insider knowledge they believed could make them wealthy.”

Never licensed as a school, Trump University was in reality a series of real estate workshops in hotel ballrooms around the country, not unlike many other for-profit self-help or motivational seminars.

Though short-lived, it remains a thorn in Trump’s side nearly five years after its operations ceased:

In three pending lawsuits, including one in which the New York attorney general is seeking $40 million in res ution, former students allege that the enterprise bilked them out of their money with misleading advertisements.

Instead of a fast route to easy money, these Trump University students say they found generic seminars led by salesmen who pressured them to invest more cash in additional courses. The students say they didn’t learn Trump’s secrets and never received the one-on-one guidance they expected.

“He’s earned more in a day than most people do in a lifetime,” a 2009 ad, featuring Trump’s photograph, said. “He’s living a life many men and women only dream about. And now he’s ready to share – with Americans like you – the Trump process for investing in today’s once-in-a-lifetime real estate market.”

Trump attorneys have long insisted that aspiring investors learned valuable lessons with which most students were satisfied. But the Post’s article also highlighted a Texas man, Louie Liu, who said he paid “$1,495 for a three-day seminar, then felt lured into paying $24,995 for more classes, an online training program and a three-day in-person mentorship.”

He now believes that the Trump University program was a “scam.”

Another man, Bob Guillo, paid nearly $35,000 for the “Trump Gold Elite package,” which amounted to very little. “I really felt stupid that I was scammed by Trump,” Guillo said.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...d=sm_fb_maddow

Trash is a con man, a liar, he won't, and can't deliver all his that you simpleton, conned mofos have swallowed.

People are ing stupid. And stupid, ignorant people, along with dumbed-down-by-Bible-humping cretins are the Repug base.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-31-2016 at 03:19 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody got reports from Trump U graduates that say their "education" was completed and beneficial?
    Payments are being made to line up false witnesses. You know that has got to be happening. Or perhaps with his team of experts he foresaw this all along, and chose a handful of graduates who actually got some of what he promised.

Wonder how many ex managers and students are going to be called?
    Trump is like Monty Burns in court no doubt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Payments are being made to line up false witnesses.
    witness tampering? of course, the 1% are above the law.

Can the prosecution subpoena Trash U's financial records, or find out how many paid vs. how many suckers "graduated"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    witness tampering? of course, the 1% are above the law.

Can the prosecution subpoena Trash U's financial records, or find out how many paid vs. how many suckers "graduated"?
    I know he is gonna heavily use that follow up questionnaire. The one where some high pressure sales dude called up ex student and hounded for a good review. Sadly, sounds like a lot were like "If it will get you to STFU and quit calling me yes, just put down excellent." Very jellyfish of the ones who truly thought it sucked, but I know Tramp U was using some stats of how many were *satisfied*.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know he is gonna heavily use that follow up questionnaire. The one where some high pressure sales dude called up ex student and hounded for a good review. Sadly, sounds like a lot were like "If it will get you to STFU and quit calling me yes, just put down excellent." Very jellyfish of the ones who truly thought it sucked, but I know Tramp U was using some stats of how many were *satisfied*.
    He's massaging opinion for simpletons in the press and not as a legal defense. I imagine if he tries that at court as his main line he will get destroyed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump University: Just Another Conservative Fraud

“I believe that Trump University was a fraudulent scheme, and that it preyed upon the elderly and uneducated to separate them from their money,” former Trump University sales manager Ronald Schnackenberg stated in a particularly damning deposition unsealed yesterday as part of a legal case against Donald Trump and his real estate seminars.

Schnackenberg describes Trump University as “only interested in selling every person the most expensive seminars they possible could.” Far from providing its customers with an actual education, “most of the instructors, mentors and coaches had very little or no experience in the real estate techniques they were teaching.”

Free seminars were designed for the sole purpose of generating sign-ups for $1,500 classes;

the $1,500 classes were solely designed to sign people up for $35,000 “elite seminars”;

and the elite seminars simply foisted more products on “students.”

Salesmen for Trump University were forced to put students in financial peril to make sales — or face consequences.

According to Schnackenberg, he was “reprimanded” for not selling a couple a $35,000 seminar because they would have had to use “disability income” and “tak[e] out a loan based on the equity in his apartment.”

Another sales person closed the deal.

Furthermore, according to Schnackenberg, “speakers told students to raise their credit card limits so that they could be ready to purchase real estate.” They even encouraged students to pay for the classes with credit cards.

Hawking financially risky fraudulent products, designed to take advantage of elderly and vulnerable populations, would seem like a disqualifier for a presidential candidate, except it puts Trump squarely in line with the profit model of much of he conservative movement.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conten...ervative-fraud

iow, nothing but the usual universal proposition in all commercial transactions:

"the tiest possible product for the highest possible price"

Trash, the next President of America The Un able.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The case will only go away if Trump is able to convince a judge that the claims against Trump U are unmeritorious, if a jury hears the case and determines that there's no liability, or if Trump settles with the Plaintiffs.

Given the deep pocket that Trump represents, the Plaintiffs' lawyers are certainly not likely to settle their case for pennies on the dollar at this point, particularly if they're getting favorable rulings from the court (either because they deserve them or because the judge is biased against Trump and is making decisions on that basis -- though the latter seems quite unlikely).
    The political fallout for settling would likely hold his hand at least for the time being. While it doesn't legally imply culpability in the public opinion it sure as would.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hillary Clinton’s Campaign Just Released A Devastating Web Ad About Trump University

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/06/...iticus+USA+%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even Trump’s defense of ‘Trump University’ raises questions

For the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, it’s a bit of a disaster:

the publicly available details paint Trump as a literal con man. He and his operation stand accused of stuffing their own pockets by preying on the vulnerable, selling unsuspecting students snake oil at indefensible prices and through misleading claims.

Trump’s first defense, rolled out last week, was to go after the federal judge overseeing the civil suit against “Trump University,” falsely accusing him of being a “Mexican.”

His second defense came yesterday, in the form of video testimonials from former “students” who enjoyed their experience at the “school.”

The good news is, there’s nothing radically charged about the video, but the bad news, as Media Matters noted, is that this new defense has itself been characterized as a “scam.”

RedState, which termed the video a “scam,” noted that two of the three former students shown in the video, Kent Moyer and Casey Hoban, do not appear to currently work in real estate, and

that at least one of the students, Hoban, may have “an ongoing business and personal relationship with the Trump family.” …

The third student, Mic e Gunn, is a real estate investor who has previously given a testimonial for an unrelated self-help workshop.

As USA Today reported, Gunn also “manages her college-aged son, Houston, who wrote a book at 13, Schooled for Success: How I Plan to Graduate from High School a Millionaire. It was endorsed by Donald Trump.”

In addition to what RedState and USA Today reported, in 2013 both Mic e and Houston appeared in yet another testimonial, which mentioned the release of the book and Trump’s endorsement.

Houston Gunn’s website, Facebook page, and Twitter profile also feature photos of Gunn and Trump together.

The Trump campaign described these students as “representative of the many students who were overwhelmingly satisfied with Trump University,” but the details suggest that isn’t an entirely fair description.

Making matters worse, Team Trump isn’t done going after U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel. TheWashington Post reported overnight:

Katrina Pierson, a spokeswoman for Trump, has expanded on the accusations of bias, wrongly suggesting Curiel is part of a group organizing protests at Trump rallies around California.

Curiel is a member of the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association, a professional group that she appeared to confuse with the National Council of La Raza, an advocacy group.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...d=sm_fb_maddow

Only Trash-suckers, with trash for brains, could believe the trashy defenses Trash's people are spewing.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How some nobody is talking about the old news of the judge trying to re-seal the do ents

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why in the world is Trump still trying to go head to head with a us judge? You will lose that battle 10 out of 10 times.

Keep digging your grave Trump.

Thread Information