Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were posters here that said Danny Green was a better player than Klay Thompson. Talk about having egg on your face.
    Well, based on the "logic" at the top of this page, Danny Green WAS a better player in 2013 and 2014 because he was "still playing" in the NBA finals while Klay sat at home watching.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, based on the "logic" at the top of this page, Danny Green WAS a better player in 2013 and 2014 because he was "still playing" in the NBA finals while Klay sat at home watching.
    advanced stats back up that "logic" but keep on being cool wit det emoji doe

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs tried to trade up in 2011 NBA Draft to select Klay Thompson

The 2011 NBA Draft will always be known at the draft the San Antonio Spurs pulled off a huge deal netting themselves Kawhi Leonard after trading fan favorite George Hill to the Pacers. It has been considered a franchise-saving deal as Kawhi has emerged to become one of the NBA's rising stars and helped lead the team to the 2014 NBA le.

But that same draft could have been also known for the Spurs selecting Warriors' Klay Thompson.

According to ESPN's Zach Lowe, the Spurs tried to trade up in the 2011 draft to select Thompson after the team worked him out twice and saw the same compe ive fire Manu Ginobili has within him.
    The intel on Thompson was so jumbled, the Spurs needed two private workouts before deciding to attempt trading up to get him. After one workout, Chip Engelland, the Spurs' shooting guru, told the front office something that made their hair stand on end, officials remember: Thompson's compe ive nature reminded him of Manu Ginobili.

"There's something deep in there," Engelland recalled. "He has that chip. When you see it, you know it."

Look, there's no denying the Spurs scored big in that draft but can you imagine Thompson in silver and black and teaming up with Ginobili, LaMarcus Aldridge, Tony Parker and Co.?

The Spurs would have had a nice one-two, inside-outside punch with Thompson and Aldridge and Thompson and Parker. Parker and Thompson could've been one of the better backcourts in the league. If anything, he would have certainly opened up the inside for Aldridge to work.

However, had San Antonio traded up, they might have lost out on trading for Leonard but it would have been a case of win-win - win with Thompson or win with Leonard. Can't go wrong with either choice.

Personally, I think it worked out a bit better for the Spurs. Kawhi is a better two-way player than Thompson no matter what others may say.

But in the end, Spurs fans can now dream of what could have been.
    Source: http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/sp...-klay-thompson

I bet the Warriors will be open to trading Klay for Kawhi now.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Source: http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/sp...-klay-thompson

I bet the Warriors will be open to trading Klay for Kawhi now.
    Would they trade Klay for Green?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay is still in the playoffs tbh
    So is Matthew Dellavedova!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is Matthew Dellavedova!!!
    SO IS RJ!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no comparison now between the two. Klay is a one great game followed by five good-to-okay-to- ty games level star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon was the best two-way player in NBA history......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no contest here anyway

coz Kahwi got the ultimate accolades: FInals MVP and DPoftheYear

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...so is Harrison Barnes.
    So is Richard Jefferson.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no comparison now between the two. Klay is a one great game followed by five good-to-okay-to- ty games level star.
    Yet thompson saved the Warriors with his clutch game versus the thunder.... KL has never done that. STOP POSTING

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet thompson saved the Warriors with his clutch game versus the thunder.... KL has never done that. STOP POSTING
    Pretty sure Kawhi was clutch in '14

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure Kawhi was clutch in '14
    pretty sure he was the 4th option, not the first

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thompson isn't the first option.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thompson isn't the first option.
    He sure was the day he saved the warriors series.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are you going to tell someone to stop posting? You've been on this kawhi hate garbage for nearly his whole career with the spurs. Get your fraudulent ass out of here clown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His game stats for in the clutch I saw as well were pretty bad % wise, had no clue until I read them last week. This was after his big game too, he shoots like 38% or less and was one of the lowest on that list. A big game here or there where he explodes offsets that in the minds of folks though because they are stunned by the high light shots.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moving the goal post. Your argument against giving KL credit in '14 was because he wasnt first option. Well as was just brought up Klay isnt either. You say KT became the first option in that game, well KL became first option when he was getting hot in '14 too. Whats the difference?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can't box out for .

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    There's no way he could possibly think that was true.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His game stats for in the clutch I saw as well were pretty bad % wise, had no clue until I read them last week. This was after his big game too, he shoots like 38% or less and was one of the lowest on that list. A big game here or there where he explodes offsets that in the minds of folks though because they are stunned by the high light shots.
    This playoffs he's certainly answered the call. He's hit lots of big shots which you need to do to win in the playoffs. You can't repeat without doing that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This playoffs he's certainly answered the call. He's hit lots of big shots which you need to do to win in the playoffs. You can't repeat without doing that.
    That is true, he came through when their season was on the line and saved their season. He came through.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moving the goal post. Your argument against giving KL credit in '14 was because he wasnt first option. Well as was just brought up Klay isnt either. You say KT became the first option in that game, well KL became first option when he was getting hot in '14 too. Whats the difference?
    The difference is when and how points are scored. KT single-handedly took control. KL has never done that in the playoffs. KT was fed the ball and HAD to score because Curry was/could not, and there was no one else.

When KL "won" FMVP there were literally 4 players who could have won that on SA. Tim/Tony/Manu/KL. Player fans keep pointing at the FMVP as something that makes KL untouchable, but he wasn't the clear-cut MVP of the finals, and WAS DEFINITELY NOT the MVP of that Spurs playoff run.

Had KL made his FT in 2013 spurs would have had their elusive B2B, finals MVP should do that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had KL made his FT in 2013 spurs would have had their elusive B2B, finals MVP should do that.
    The Spurs were probably a freethrow away from winning in '13 but I don't think that guarantees b2b. For one Pop is probably not as motivated if they win and doesn't push them the same way he did in '14.
    People have said that repeating is the hardest thing and we can see the same from GS's season. You have to raise your level of play the Spurs have simply never done that. That's one of the biggest reasons they've never repeated.

Thread Information