Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thoughts? Is he right or is he overreacting to game 6?

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overreacting, but he is certainly better on offense than Leonard and only a couple notches worse on defense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they are surprisingly similar, with obviously Kawhi better at D, and Klay at O.

Both arent franchise players but great pieces if surrounded.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they are surprisingly similar, with obviously Kawhi better at D, and Klay at O.

This is the bitter truth Warriors fans are cool with but yet the SA fanbase stubbornly refuses to embrace for some reason. I don't get it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last two playoff say he is...

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overreacting to a really good game by Klay.. Klay is the better shooter but Kawhi does a lot more all around.. Give Kawhi two more seasons as the primary guy in San Antonio and we will see what's up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mouthpiece. That is all.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm trying to think of what SAS could be thinking of, but I'm coming up with nothing. Leonard is better player than Thompson in every way. I don't even think it's a close comparison. Kawhi is WAY better than he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Kawhi is fishing and Klay is setting NBA records. Of course the narrative will about him.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Thompson is a good defensive player for sure, but he is not in Kawhi's class in that category. Obviously he is a great three point shooter but imo Kawhi has a wider array of moves on offense while Klay has a few that he is exceptional at. Kawhi's consistency will get there eventually I think

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SAS overstating something? My take: Kawhi is a small forward and he can guard 1-4 positions and is a great rebounder for his position. Thompson is a shooting guard and he can't guard the best small forwards on the block. They only have him guarding shooting guards and point guards that Curry can't handle. How many great shooting guards are there? And if there aren't good small forwards, doesn't Igudola end up guarding the better shooting guards as well? And I don't think Thompson can guard Kawhi in the post, but I do think Thompson won't score 30 points and hit so many threes if he has Kawhi guarding him.

Better is so hard to measure. Would the Spurs be better with Klay at the two rather than Kawhi at the 3/4? Would GS be better w/ Kawhi at the 3/4 rather than Thompson? I say Kawhi w/ Warriors would be unbeatable in that swap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just lol at people that think Klay is a better offensive player. Klay is just a very very good 3&D player. Kawhi is a pretty complete offensive player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a big part of the equation & a big reason the Warriors have had so much success is they understand that the 3 point shot is not a novelty-- it's real weapon that needs to be used in modern basketball. Kawhi had a slightly better 3pt% than Klay this season (44.3% compared to 42.5%), but Klay put up 650 attempts compared to Kawhi's 291. The philosophy of the Warriors allows Klay to shoot as many 3s as he wants, but Kawhi shoots 3s sparingly...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a big part of the equation & a big reason the Warriors have had so much success is they understand that the 3 point shot is not a novelty-- it's real weapon that needs to be used in modern basketball. Kawhi had a slightly better 3pt% than Klay this season (44.3% compared to 42.5%), but Klay put up 650 attempts compared to Kawhi's 291. The philosophy of the Warriors allows Klay to shoot as many 3s as he wants, but Kawhi shoots 3s sparingly...
    I wouldn't call 4 3PT attempts per game 'sparingly'.

Klay is primarily a 3 PT shooter. Not like Steph either where he creates his own shot all the time, more like a spot-up shooter. Kawhi isn't. There's a lot more to his offensive arsenal than just being a spot-up shooter. You can run your offense through Kawhi. You can't run it through Klay or any other spot-up shooter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't call 4 3PT attempts per game 'sparingly'.
    He was 64th in attempts in the league despite leading the league in 3pt% for most of the season. By 1990s standards, 4 3ptFGA per game is a lot, but not today. http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...ualified/false

I don't think Klay is better than Kawhi, but I think he's used more wisely in his system.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that since Kawhi shoots 3s so well, the Spurs should significantly increase his number of 3 point shots. Just a couple more threes per game added to his improving overall game, and he'd easily average 26-28ppg. Add that to his D, and you've got an MVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe better offensively but no way in is he a better 2 way player than Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just lol at people that think Klay is a better offensive player. Klay is just a very very good 3&D player. Kawhi is a pretty complete offensive player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay has shown me so much more these playoffs. With Curry out or hobbled he slid right in and carried the load. On both ends of the ball. He's created even when Curry was not there which is something I did not think he could do.

It's a lot closer than people think due to how potent Klays offense is and the impact that has. He's and odd player because he's not truly a creator of offense but he's a stud.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SAS overstating something? My take: Kawhi is a small forward and he can guard 1-4 positions and is a great rebounder for his position. Thompson is a shooting guard and he can't guard the best small forwards on the block. They only have him guarding shooting guards and point guards that Curry can't handle. How many great shooting guards are there? And if there aren't good small forwards, doesn't Igudola end up guarding the better shooting guards as well? And I don't think Thompson can guard Kawhi in the post, but I do think Thompson won't score 30 points and hit so many threes if he has Kawhi guarding him.

Better is so hard to measure. Would the Spurs be better with Klay at the two rather than Kawhi at the 3/4? Would GS be better w/ Kawhi at the 3/4 rather than Thompson? I say Kawhi w/ Warriors would be unbeatable in that swap.

The Warriors would not be better with KL. PERIOD. They live and die by shooting a ton of shots on catch and shoot balls around the three point line. KL would kill that offense. Thompson is right where he should be. The real question would be, would be what would green look like on the warriors?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay Thompson is an elite level scorer. Kawhi is not. Kawhi is the better overall player. However scoring wise, lets put this in perspective. Kawhi has never in his career scored 40 points in a game. Thompson has scored 37 in a quarter...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi has never in his career scored 40 points in a game. Thompson has scored 37 in a quarter...
    Kawhi has never scored 40 point in a game because when he has 33 in the 3rd quarter of a regular season game, Pop sits him.

Kerr lets his players on the floor with +18 lead in the 4th, like he did with Green and his triple double's this season.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 05-30-2016 at 01:59 PM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Klay plays w/ the best "gravity" guy in NBA history (Curry), the best playmaker at the 4 position (GayMond), the best point-forward coming off the bench (Iggy), the best backup PG in the league (Livingston) & one of the best passing centers (Bogut).

PRESSURE MAKES DIAMONDS
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GTFO Stephen A,

Blowing the new Lakers,

just like the old.

No surprise here...

Thread Information