Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You're not a blonde white chick are you? You're safe. Unless you have some of his memorabilia...that would mean to harbor some concern.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not a blonde white chick are you? You're safe. Unless you have some of his memorabilia...that would mean to harbor some concern.
    I've got an old knife of his.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I've got an old knife of his.
    This post is a cut above the rest...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This post is a cut above the rest...
    I'm pretty sharp.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Don't ever lose that edge, kid. Keep stabbing at this thing called life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't ever lose that edge, kid. Keep stabbing at this thing called life.
    I hear you. But trying not to lose my head at the same time.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Well my dad did play at USC, so he may have something OJ will want. I'll warn him and his 6'5" 300 lbs. frame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well my dad did play at USC, so he may have something OJ will want. I'll warn him and his 6'5" 300 lbs. frame.
    , he's the same size as your mom

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    http://decider.com/2016/06/14/all-5-...n-app-tonight/

All 5 parts uploaded to view here if you guys wanna watch.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    http://decider.com/2016/06/14/all-5-...n-app-tonight/

All 5 parts uploaded to view here if you guys wanna watch.
    Watched the first 3 really good stuff.
    I am NOT saying if you lived in another big city that you cannot relate ... but to TRULY get the whole picture you almost had to be living in so cal at that time. You understand (no matter how stupid it is to burn and loot your own city) how much tensions were boiling at the time of the riots. It wasnt just Rodney King or even Latasha Harlins it was years of police chokeholds and overt racism that blew up in 1992. The police force especially the rampart division, the incompetence of Darryl gates and the passive nature of Uncle Tom Bradley all played a part in those riots. and those factors is why that jury let OJ get away with double murder.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched the first 3 really good stuff.
    I am NOT saying if you lived in another big city that you cannot relate ... but to TRULY get the whole picture you almost had to be living in so cal at that time. You understand (no matter how stupid it is to burn and loot your own city) how much tensions were boiling at the time of the riots. It wasnt just Rodney King or even Latasha Harlins it was years of police chokeholds and overt racism that blew up in 1992. The police force especially the rampart division, the incompetence of Darryl gates and the passive nature of Uncle Tom Bradley all played a part in those riots. and those factors is why that jury let OJ get away with double murder.
    Where you in LA at the time of the riots? I heard so many crazy stories from friends who lived through them. One of my friends was going to buy a beer out on Adams and his friend who ran the store handed him a shotgun and said to climb up on the roof with him. Another friend said he saw a bunch of Crips took over a gas station in Long Beach and just started giving away free gas to everyone (of course he filled up ). He said everyone got scared as when the National Guard came in, that no one had any idea there was no ammo in any of the Guards' weapons.

Yeah, the riots are pretty understandable after all the CRASH had been pulling for years.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Where you in LA at the time of the riots? I heard so many crazy stories from friends who lived through them. One of my friends was going to buy a beer out on Adams and his friend who ran the store handed him a shotgun and said to climb up on the roof with him. Another friend said he saw a bunch of Crips took over a gas station in Long Beach and just started giving away free gas to everyone (of course he filled up ). He said everyone got scared as when the National Guard came in, that no one had any idea there was no ammo in any of the Guards' weapons.

Yeah, the riots are pretty understandable after all the CRASH had been pulling for years.
    Ha i was not living downtown so no. I was in Northridge. But i had cousin that went to morningside, dorsey etc. They kept me up on game ...i remember this girl i was talking to we were watching itbon tv both our schools closed that day we were chatting and she broke in to tears when they bricked that truck driver ...she did not identify with the pain of the city at all mulatto girl but very sheltered ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I lived in the nicer areas of LA...I just heard not to drive outside of the City where the blacks lived. We were all hoping they wouldnt be smart enough to leave their communities to come trash the nicer cities...I will never understand why they lashed out on their own city as a punishment towards 'us' so to speak. At the end we all slept like babies and they burned their own communities to the ground.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just finished watching the five part series. I have a lot of takeaways I'll have to list; just bumping this for now, though.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I lived in the nicer areas of LA...I just heard not to drive outside of the City where the blacks lived. We were all hoping they wouldnt be smart enough to leave their communities to come trash the nicer cities...I will never understand why they lashed out on their own city as a punishment towards 'us' so to speak. At the end we all slept like babies and they burned their own communities to the ground.
    they didn't try to leave their communities because they knew it would have been put to bed before it ever started. If they even tried trashing the white areas you would have seen the ing marines deployed to put it to bed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i liked american crime story

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i liked american crime story
    Sure, I remember. That hit hard, but, burned out quickly. I heard the production costs were prohibitive.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just finished watching the five part series. I have a lot of takeaways I'll have to list; just bumping this for now, though.
    One for me is Marcus Allen perjured himself under oath. Ge was ing Nicole. Her sister, his slimy former agent (what a hypocrite) and OK himself all confirm. Allen denies it when deposed in the civil suit.
    Nicole was hot in the model photos but a bit overrated tbh ...definitely not worth killing over especially with all the white women OJ was slayin' ...ha!
    And that sentencing was bull on the kidnapping charge.
    That nicca killed two white people, got away with it and that judge made him pay for it.
    Make sure no one leaves means he was kidnapping?
    That snitch dude was funny, the code OJ!

So much good stuff ...
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 06-19-2016 at 12:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was really well done. Tons of things I didn't know about.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Goes to show that you don't really know your favorite icons on TV beyond their faux TV persona. Black men used to get lynched for things that were 1000 times not as bad as what OJ did to Nicole, or in other words what a black man did to a white woman. And even when it came out and it was obvious he was an abuser and murderer, he still got off the hook.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Black men used to get lynched for things that were 1000 times not as bad as what OJ did to Nicole.
    So, we're told.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    So we're told? Have you ever read a book? Did you pay attention in school? Heck, there are some people who experienced Jim Crow still alive (I'm sitting near one right now), maybe they can tell you better?

30 years earlier, OJ would have been burned at the stake, literally or figuratively. When has a black man ever gotten away with what OJ did to his white wife?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we're told? Have you ever read a book? Did you pay attention in school? Heck, there are some people who experienced Jim Crow (I'm sitting near one right now), maybe they can tell you better?

30 years earlier, OJ would have been burned at the stake, literally or figuratively. When has a black man ever gotten away with what OJ did to his white wife?
    No, he wouldn't have.

And to answer your questions, yes I've had those classes. I've heard the exaggerations. And Jim Crow doesn't honestly make your point.

Thread Information