Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Virginia GOP delegate sues for freedom to vote against Trump

There's now a legal challenge behind the "Never Trump" movement.

Virginia Republican delegate Beau Correll filed a federal lawsuit on Friday seeking the freedom to vote for someone other than Donald Trump at the party's national convention in July.

"Donald Trump does not exhibit the judgment, the competency for the highest office in the land," Correll told CBS News.

But state law compels all Virginia delegates to vote "for the candidate receiving the most votes in the primary," even though party rules allocate delegates differently.

Correll, a Ted Cruz supporter, says the law violates his First Amendment rights.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/virginia...against-trump/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The illusion of certain republican leaders is wearing off and their true colors as pro-establishment, and self interests are beginning to appear. Hillary will win, but every thing she will do economically will help the rich to get richer, the middle income to get poorer, and the poor to stay right where they are so we can have the same argument in another 4 years. There truly is very little difference between the parties. The arguments that do exist are manufactured to keep us all looking at the magic trick. Plato's, "Myth of the Cave," lives.
    Not if she picks Warren as her running mate. They hit the campaign trail together today and both spoke very harshly about Wall Street.

As long as she picks a real proggresive VP, she will be held to that standard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They won't always live with their parents like you do. As they start to actually get jobs and make money they will vote their economic interest.

The baby boomers you despise were the hated Woodstock generation liberals of the 60's and 70's.

I had hair down to the middle of my back and smoked pot like crazy
    Yep. Sounds like my son's classmates. They all shut up when the teacher says, "Free college tuition and free healthcare sounds wonderful until they start taking it out of your paycheck." And these are all mostly low-income, (gifted) hispanic kids aspiring to be doctors, lawyers, engineers and such.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Sounds like my son's classmates. They all shut up when the teacher says, "Free college tuition and free healthcare sounds wonderful until they start taking it out of your paycheck." And these are all mostly low-income, (gifted) hispanic kids aspiring to be doctors, lawyers, engineers and such.
    Health care is proposed to be paid with an increase in payroll tax. The tradeoff would be removal of the health care burden on business entire.

His education would be paid for by:

The cost of this $75 billion a year plan is fully paid for by imposing a tax of a fraction of a percent on Wall Street speculators who nearly destroyed the economy seven years ago. More than 1,000 economists have endorsed a tax on Wall Street speculation and today some 40 countries throughout the world have imposed a similar tax including Britain, Germany, France, Switzerland, and China. If the taxpayers of this country could bailout Wall Street in 2008, we can make public colleges and universities tuition free and debt free throughout the country.
    https://berniesanders.com/issues/its...and-debt-free/

Your dumbed down interpretation is based on bull even if common amongst poor whites in the south.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not if she picks Warren as her running mate. They hit the campaign trail together today and both spoke very harshly about Wall Street.

As long as she picks a real proggresive VP, she will be held to that standard.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thinking Shillary will be president
    So is the "referendum" on you leaving the board if she wins in place?

Just curious if you have any guts. I know you need this site, it's a big step for trolling addict.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I've been thinking about this. The Boomer nostalgia recalls the hippies and the like but when you look at the voting record since 1964 when Boomers started voting and it's not liberal at all.

LBJ and Carter were both southern democrats and not progressive really at all and then you look at Nixon, Reagan, and the Bushes and you really can see which way the wind blows.

The millennials barely started to reach their majority and they elected a black man who promised to be liberal even if he has ended up anything but and are now staunchly behind Sanders.

Boomer priorities have been about as self centered from the beginning. Stop drafting for war, lower taxes, free health care for boomers, and the like. The Civil Rights Act was passed in 1965 and was a trend that had begun with integration that really began in WW2 and in major industries.

The famous boomers were hippies and the like but the rank and file have never voted as such and have always looked out for themselves. It's why it's amusing to see boomer chastising millennials as self centered.
    This is a major conservative tenet. People will react for themselves before the greater good. This is what capitalism, the free market, and conservative economics are broadly based on IMO. I don't think there is any generation that does not act selfishly in some way unless faced with a real threat like Hitler. One can actually get people to work together in large numbers if a threat is deemed real. This is why people like Trump try to invent or vastly exaggerate perceived threats. This produces a voting wave of unity.

It is also perplexing to me how many generations, including this one, can be duped into thinking WE are the special ones that are living in uniquely dire times. It is also a bit amusing, but usefully comforting, how generations are so neatly packaged so we think we can explain behavior, or just label and organize.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you have anything else other than your re ed emoticon?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Health care is proposed to be paid with an increase in payroll tax. The tradeoff would be removal of the health care burden on business entire.

His education would be paid for by:

https://berniesanders.com/issues/its...and-debt-free/

Your dumbed down interpretation is based on bull even if common amongst poor whites in the south.
    You go ahead and believe these politicians and economists - much I'm sure like people believed them on Obamacare - which almost none of their predictions have come true. They always underestimate and feed their bs to us voters who should know better. If Medicare is in trouble after workers' lifetimes' contributions, what % payroll tax are they selling to pay for healthcare that now consumes 18% of GDP. There is no way of getting around us paying a LOT more taxes (in addition to continuing paying for Medicare) and for what - to go to hospitals that look like those in the VA?

Most of my son's classmates will get free rides to great universities through hard work and being low-income hispanics so their college tuition and (with continued hard work) futures are pretty set - what they are reminded of now is the idea that their hard worked money will be going to pay for others' "free" healthcare. Everyone wants "free" but nothing is free and someone must pay - most likely the working middle class. I guess the question should be who will be working when all this stuff is guaranteed "free"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Bow Tie got actually have any pull with Repug voters?
    He puts me to sleep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Bow Tie got actually have any pull with Repug voters?
    He puts me to sleep.
    Imo bowtie and the late William Buckley actually tried to think through their positions instead of lower brainstem reflex responsive neural behavior. And they usually did not attempt to be disingenuous, even if their positions might be distasteful.

So I would answer absolutely NO. For the people voting for Trump.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boots and Splits pretending to uphold moral superiority and then wishing death upon "the other side" of their choosing...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Gifted" indeed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Gifted" indeed.
    Mock all you want, but I haven't seen a more ambitious, hard-working set of kids in my life. They know that the ticket out of poverty is education. Now as far as the label "gifted" is concerned - yes, the public schools abuse it because gifted kids bring more funds. On average, there should only be 1 gifted child per 100 so the numbers who are labelled gifted are WAY over that percentage.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I would answer absolutely NO. For the people voting for Trump.
    I'd vote No for the vast majority. George Will is on an opposite pole with the growing, stubborn anti-intellectualism of the right. Thoughtfulness is not valued over bravado.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mock all you want, but I haven't seen a more ambitious, hard-working set of kids in my life. They know that the ticket out of poverty is education. Now as far as the label "gifted" is concerned - yes, the public schools abuse it because gifted kids bring more funds. On average, there should only be 1 gifted child per 100 so the numbers who are labelled gifted are WAY over that percentage.
    All deflection from your previous post. Both you and your "gifted" children's insructor are liars and frauds.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All deflection from your previous post. Both you and your "gifted" children's insructor are liars and frauds.
    How'd believing politicians and economists like Obama and Gruber on Obamacare do for most of the working middle class? Who were the liars? There's a lot of history to prove that what the politicians promise and what happened in reality are vastly different - take your pick of any social welfare/government program.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How'd believing politicians and economists like Obama and Gruber on Obamacare do for most of the working middle class? Who were the liars? There's a lot of history to prove that what the politicians promise and what happened in reality are vastly different - take your pick of any social welfare/government program.
    Was there anything wrong with health care before Obama got a hold of it?

What was the Bush plan? What is the Trump plan?
    So healthcare was all good under Republican care?

What economist who is relevant today best fits how you think economies really function?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is the GOP ACA replacement plan:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/....pdf?tid=a_inl

IMO, single, able-bodied people without children should not be on Medicaid but the plan allows for continuation for those states who expanded Medicaid through Obamacare and stops expansion for the other states. Other than that, I'd like to see people on health sharing ministries be allowed to use the tax credit, HSAs and counted as continuous coverage (meaning everybody has access to a "tax credit" either through employer or individual). This plan will hopefully foster compe ion, posting of prices/shopping, remove burdensome regulations, reduce the financial incentive to NOT work/earn more (to get subsidies) and hopefully doctor/patient relationships (less between doc and patient). I love the HSA so people are encouraged to save for future medical expenses and those who are relatively healthy will be able to a get catastrophic insurance and bank the rest in HSA for the future instead of burning it up in premiums for ACA's mandated essential benefits. It retains the pre-existing and kids under 26 parts.

Here's Forbes' review of the plan:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sallypip.../#6580a10b5341
    Last edited by rmt; 06-28-2016 at 03:04 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "foster compe ion" anytime I see that, I absolutely know it's B U L L S H I T

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You go ahead and believe these politicians and economists - much I'm sure like people believed them on Obamacare - which almost none of their predictions have come true. They always underestimate and feed their bs to us voters who should know better. If Medicare is in trouble after workers' lifetimes' contributions, what % payroll tax are they selling to pay for healthcare that now consumes 18% of GDP. There is no way of getting around us paying a LOT more taxes (in addition to continuing paying for Medicare) and for what - to go to hospitals that look like those in the VA?

Most of my son's classmates will get free rides to great universities through hard work and being low-income hispanics so their college tuition and (with continued hard work) futures are pretty set - what they are reminded of now is the idea that their hard worked money will be going to pay for others' "free" healthcare. Everyone wants "free" but nothing is free and someone must pay - most likely the working middle class. I guess the question should be who will be working when all this stuff is guaranteed "free"?
    This is dumb again. What didn't come true?

And we shouldn't believe the experts but instead we should believe politicians with obvious bias and conflict of interest due to how special interests work?

You make it seem as if he hasn't targeted taxes and he has. Now you're moving the goal posts to this incredulity bull ? I just quoted where the money was going to come from and it's not free. You should stop repeating yourself like an idiot when you've been answered.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Do you have anything else other than your re ed emoticon?
    It's not my emoticon. I borrowed it from spurstalk. You used the word Hillary and the concept of a higher standard in the same sentence. Nothing else seems necessary

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "foster compe ion" anytime I see that, I absolutely know it's B U L L S H I T

boutons, Bernie's free healthcare is not gonna happen. It'll be a continuation of Obamacare if Clinton wins or the above GOP plan if Trump wins. Read the plan with an open mind, and decide if it's better than what we will have when all of Obamacare's cadillac plan, phaseout of risk corridors, etc eventually occur - it's not gonna be pretty. Catastrophic plans with tax-credited HSAs (IMO) is the way to go for the majority of the US - relatively cheap with flexibility.

Remember the cost for my diagnostic mammogram and bilateral ultrasound (both a level higher than the basic screening versions) is $80 cash each when there is no middleman. Also, check out the prices from https://www.directlabs.com/Home/CWP/...S/Default.aspx for blood tests - look how cheap they are compared to if done through QuestLab or LabCorp. All the below Directlab tests (Comprehensive Wellness Profile) cost a total of ONLY $69 (special in the month of December) - regularly $97. Think of all the healthy people who could use that once a year and how much saved. Note: I'm not advocating self-diagnosis (Directlab provides the prescription) - but when I gave my daughter's lab results to the pediatrician, she was amazed - no way could anywhere she could send my daughter to cost so little.

Only $97

Every year you have a new opportunity to detect heart disease, diabetes and other conditions that could threaten your health. Take advantage with our Comprehensive Wellness Profile (CWP), our most complete general wellness panel.

Complete Blood Count (CBC)
    TSH
    Lipid Profile
    Liver Profile
    Kidney Panel
    Iron
    Fluids, Electrolytes & Minerals
    Glucose

Complete Blood Count

WBC—White blood cells are the body's primary defense against disease. White blood cells help fight infection.
    RBC—Red blood cells are responsible for carrying oxygen to and carbon dioxide away from all cells.
    Hemoglobin—A chemical compound inside red cells that transports oxygen through the blood stream to all cells of the body. Oxygen is needed for healthy organs. Hemoglobin gives the red color to blood.
    Hematocrit—Hematocrit measures the amount of space red blood cells take up in the blood.
    MCV—MCV reflects the size of red blood cells by expressing the volume occupied by a single red blood cell.
    MCH Mean—Corpuscular Hemoglobin is one way to measure the average hemoglobin concentration within red blood cells.
    MCHC—MCHC measures the average concentration of hemoglobin in red blood cells. It is most valuable in evaluating therapy for anemia because Hemoglobin and Hemotacrit are used, not R.B.C., in the calculation.
    RDW—Red cell distribution width (RDW) is a calculation of the variation in the size of your RBC's.
    Platelets—Blood cell particles involved with the forming of blood clots.
    Neutrophils, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Eosinophils, and Basophils deal with white blood cell function. Important to the body's defense against infection and also important in the assessment of nutritional status. These tests are based upon percentages.
    Neutrophils (Absolute), Lymphocytes (Absolute), Monocytes (Absolute), Eosinophils (Absolute), and Basophils (Absolute) deal with white blood cell function. Important to the body's defense against infection and also important in the assessment of nutritional status. These tests are based upon total count.
    Immature Granulocytes and Immature Grans (Abs) deal with white blood cell function. These tests check the maturity, percentage and total count, of immature neutrophils, which can be neutrophilic, acidophilic, or basophilic in nature.

Thyroid

Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)-TSH, produced by the anterior pituitary gland, causes the release and distribution of stored thyroid hormones.

Lipid Profile

Cholesterol, Total—Cholesterol is a critical fat that is a structural component of cell membrane and plasma lipoproteins, and is important in the synthesis of steroid hormones, glucocorticoids, and bile acids. Mostly synthesized in the liver, some is absorbed through diet, especially one high in saturated fats.
    HDL Cholesterol—High-density lipoproteins are believed to take cholesterol away from cells and transport it back to the liver for processing or removal. They have become known as the "good" cholesterol.
    LDL Cholesterol—Low-density lipoproteins contain the greatest percentage of cholesterol and may be responsible for depositing cholesterol on the artery walls. For that reason, they are known as the "bad" cholesterol.
    Cholesterol/HDL Ratio—This ratio is calculated by dividing the total cholesterol by the HDL cholesterol and is used for determining relative risk for developing cardiovascular heart disease.
    Triglycerides—Triglycerides are fat in the blood responsible for providing energy to the cells of the body.

Liver Profile

Protein, Total—Proteins are the most abundant compound in serum. The protein makeup of the individual is of important diagnostic significance because of protein's involvement in enzymes, hormones, and antibodies as well as osmotic pressure balance, maintaining acid-base balance, and as a reserve source of nutrition for the body's tissues and muscles.
    Albumin, Serum—Albumin is the major cons uent of serum protein (usually over 50%). It is manufactured by the liver from the amino acids taken from the diet. It helps in osmotic pressure regulation, nutrient transport, and waste removal.
    Globulin, Total—Globulin, a larger protein than albumin, has many diverse functions such as, the carrier of some hormones, lipids, metals, and antibodies.
    Albumin/Globulin Ratio—Calculated by dividing the albumin by the globulin.
    Bilirubin, Total—A byproduct of the breakdown of hemoglobin from red blood cells in the liver, bilirubin is a good indication of the liver's function. Excreted into the bile, bilirubin gives the bile its pigmentation.
    Alkaline Phosphatase—A body protein important in diagnosing proper bone and liver functions.
    Lactate Dehydrogenase (LDH)—An enzyme found mostly in the heart, muscles, liver, kidney, brain, and red blood cells.
    Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST or SGOT)—An enzyme found in skeletal and heart muscle, liver and other organs.
    Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT or SGPT)—An enzyme found primarily in the liver.
    GGT—Also known as Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, GGT helps detect liver and bile duct injury.

Kidney Panel

Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN)—A by-product of protein metabolism eliminated through the kidneys.
    Creatinine, Serum—Creatinine is the waste product of muscle metabolism. Its level is a reflection of the body's muscle mass.
    Uric Acid—Another by-product of protein metabolism eliminated through the kidneys.
    BUN/Creatinine—Ratio calculated by dividing the BUN by the Creatinine.
    Glomerular Filtration (eGFR)—Provides an assessment of the filtering capacity of the kidney.

Iron

Iron, Total—Iron is necessary for the formation of some proteins, hemoglobin, myoglobulin, and cytochrome. Also, it is necessary for oxygen transport, cellular respiration, and peroxide deactivation.

Fluids, Electrolytes & Minerals

Chloride, Serum—Similar to sodium, it helps to maintain the body's electrolyte balance.
    Potassium—Helps to control the nerves and muscles.
    Sodium, Serum—One of the major salts in the body fluid; sodium is important in the body's water balance and the electrical activity of nerves and muscles.
    Carbon Dioxide (CO2)—CO2 level is related to the respiratory exchange of carbon dioxide in the lungs; is part of the body's buffering system. Generally when used with other electrolytes, it is a good indicator of acidity and alkalinity.
    Calcium—A mineral essential for development and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth. It is important also for the normal function of muscles, nerves and blood clotting.
    Phosphorus—Together with calcium, it is essential for healthy development of bones and teeth. Associated with hormone imbalance, bone disease and kidney disease. It is found mainly in bones and teeth.

Glucose

Glucose— Glucose, formed by the digestion of carbohydrates and the conversion of glycogen by the liver, is the primary source of energy for most cells. It is regulated by insulin, glucagon, thyroid hormone, liver enzymes, and adrenal hormones.
    Last edited by rmt; 06-28-2016 at 02:10 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is dumb again. What didn't come true?

And we shouldn't believe the experts but instead we should believe politicians with obvious bias and conflict of interest due to how special interests work?

You make it seem as if he hasn't targeted taxes and he has. Now you're moving the goal posts to this incredulity bull ? I just quoted where the money was going to come from and it's not free. You should stop repeating yourself like an idiot when you've been answered.
    It's well do ented that what has been promised/projected for Obamacare has not happened - Obama ($2500, keep your doctor/plan, cut costs), CBO (enrollment projections - 13 million instead of 21 million in 2016), Gruber (see the many videos). Are these the "experts" we should believe in? I guess it all depends on whether you believe that the money they plan on collecting is gonna cover universal health care. Color me doubtful - there's not a single government program that's not fraught with waste, over-spending, inefficiency - this is not counting when they divert funds from one area to whatever area they feel fit or just putting it on the tab for future generations.

Thread Information