Page 44 of 134 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 3328
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1st of all I didn't want Hill.
    2nd He has gotten lit up by Denver's guards for example and has had some not so stellar games in the losing streak. Get off your high horse dude. He has been very impressive against the Cavs but need a consistency and I do look forward to see him compete against better guards bc the challenge will make him better.
    What's ur problem? I wasn't even attacking u... Sigh... I'm just saying, it's not fair to say a person who has a better than average game did it against lesser talent as a knock against them... He's SUPPOSED to have better games VS lesser talents (not lesser talents than him, but lesser than league average)...

Also EVERY great defender has been lit up... Why bring up those times as if to prove they aren't great defenders? Especially a 21 year old...? Point out areas where he can improve, but don't say "player X lit him up"...

And I didn't say YOU wanted George Hill... I have no idea who u want from who u don't want... But many ppl on here did... Stop being so defensive... Sheesh... It's like u have something personal against me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's ur problem? I wasn't even attacking u... Sigh... I'm just saying, it's not fair to say a person who has a better than average game did it against lesser talent as a knock against them... He's SUPPOSED to have better games VS lesser talents (not lesser talents than him, but lesser than league average)...

Also EVERY great defender has been lit up... Why bring up those times as if to prove they aren't great defenders? Especially a 21 year old...? Point out areas where he can improve, but don't say "player X lit him up"...

And I didn't say YOU wanted George Hill... I have no idea who u want from who u don't want... But many ppl on here did... Stop being so defensive... Sheesh... It's like u have something personal against me
    Lol don't waste ur unlimited posts on that troll sahurl...
    that lezzer voted pile Kyle Anderson into the all star game this year for weeks.. lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1st of all I didn't want Hill.
    2nd He has gotten lit up by Denver's guards for example and has had some not so stellar games in the losing streak. Get off your high horse dude. He has been very impressive against the Cavs but need a consistency and I do look forward to see him compete against better guards bc the challenge will make him better.
    DeJounte averaged 12 points on 49% shooting, 6 boards, 4 assists 2 blocks and 2 steals the past 4 games. It might not be all star numbers but he's the best PG the Spurs have had since 2014 and its not close.

Not sure what you guys and girls expect here. The kid is 21 and he's had many great games against great compe ion (17, 11 and 5 vs. Westbrook; 16, 14, 6 vs. Lowry; and he's been putting up at least 12 & 5, 3 and 1 block/1 steal with the highest DEF RTG & DRPM among PGs in the NBA pretty much every time he starts). Spurs haven't had a 21 yr old this good since Kawhi, TP and TD -- no one else on the Spurs in the past 20 years, at this young of an age, has shown as much as DeJounte has and he's just barely scratching the surface.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 02-28-2018 at 08:43 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeJounte averaged 12 points on 49% shooting, 6 boards, 4 assists 2 blocks and 2 steals the past 4 games. It might not be all star numbers but he's the best PG the Spurs have had since 2014 and its not close.

Not sure what you guys and girls expect here. The kid is 21 and he's had many great games against great compe ion (17, 11 and 5 vs. Westbrook; 16, 14, 6 vs. Lowry; and he's been putting up at least 12 & 5, 3 and 1 block/1 steal with the highest DEF RTG & DRPM among PGs in the NBA pretty much every time he starts). Spurs haven't had a 21 yr old this good since Kawhi, TP and TD -- no one else on the Spurs in the past 20 years, at this young of an age, has shown as much as DeJounte has and he's just barely scratching the surface.
    Exactly!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

While I agree with the overall sentiment - the kid is only 21 and is learning and getting better and has a lot of potential - the bolded just isn't true. Compare to TP's playoffs last year (higher intensity, better compe ion, money time): 15.9 ppg on 52.6 FG%% , 3.1 assist, 2.5 reb, and 1.5 TOV. And Tony's much better at running the offence. I think dejounte can get there, but he hasn't yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I agree with the overall sentiment - the kid is only 21 and is learning and getting better and has a lot of potential - the bolded just isn't true. Compare to TP's playoffs last year (higher intensity, better compe ion, money time): 15.9 ppg on 52.6 FG%% , 3.1 assist, 2.5 reb, and 1.5 TOV. And Tony's much better at running the offence. I think dejounte can get there, but he hasn't yet.
    That was a very small sample -- and a flash in a pan/ lightning in a bottle performance. Where was that in the two playoffs prior or the past three regular seasons?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was a very small sample -- and a flash in a pan/ lightning in a bottle performance. Where was that in the two playoffs prior or the past three regular seasons?
    Your going to sample size, really, and the sample size you were working off of was how big... What's that, only 40% of the one I pointed out. The description intellectually dishonest does come to mind...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your going to sample size, really, and the sample size you were working off of was how big... What's that, only 40% of the one I pointed out. The description intellectually dishonest does come to mind...
    Youre*

And you're going off a 7 game sample. So yes, I'm talking about a very small sample size.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...ejounte-murray

He leads all starting guards in the NBA this season in total rebounding percentage (14.9), and he is in the top 10 in block percentage (1.8) and steal percentage (2.4). Murray is a point guard with the defensive profile of a big man. The other six players in the NBA with those per-minute numbers are centers

Only hoping he can continue to develop a decent shot . From a shooting mechanics perspective it has gotten better . Just needs to be more consistent with it . Kid has a bright future seems to have the drive.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Youre*

And you're going off a 7 game sample. So yes, I'm talking about a very small sample size.
    Ah the last resort of someone who looks like a clown, attack the grammar, and ignore the substance... If you're going to do it, do it right "you're". It's actually a 8 game sample size, which is to say twice the 4 game sample size you used in your post...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah the last resort of someone who looks like a clown, attack the grammar, and ignore the substance... If you're going to do it, do it right "you're". It's actually a 8 game sample size, which is to say twice the 4 game sample size you used in your post...
    I actually used " every time he starts" in my post, and the recent starts since his inauguration as the starting point guard, he's getting even better. The DeJounte we've seen this year ( not past 4 games) > any PG Spurs have had in nearly 4 years.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 02-28-2018 at 11:38 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally I wasn’t even criticizing Dijon which is why all this ripostes took me by surprise. He has had ImO a great season considering how he looked in summer league, considering at one point in the early season his TO and poor decisions sent him to the bench, considering he was passing up shots and shooting the one handed floater of his that’s not very accurate. He’s turned things around. He’s finishing with layups now, he’s shooting his jumpsuit rather than the floater which has improved his shooting %. He’s been very disruptive defensively, he is setting up teammates better. Etc he has improved by leaps and bounds but to mention I want to see him be even better and against good/elite compe ion is a comment that elicits the Dijon police...
    Last edited by SAGirl; 02-28-2018 at 11:39 AM.

I may or may not care. monkeypunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love this kid and his moxie, I just hope that Pop doesn't pull a Pop and pull him from the starting lineup in the playoffs. Ride or die with him!

I also think he's got an inherent passing ability that I hope he uses more as he gets more comfortable with the other players and his role. His shot is getting there but getting easy buckets for others makes the entire team click and he needs to be put in a position to fully embrace that dimension of his skillset.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally I wasn’t even criticizing Dijon which is why all this ripostes took me by surprise. He has had ImO a great season considering how he looked in summer league, considering at one point in the early season his TO and poor decisions sent him to the bench, considering he was passing up shots and shooting the one handed floater of his that’s not very accurate. He’s turned things around. He’s finishing with layups now, he’s shooting his jumpsuit rather than the floater which has improved his shooting %. He’s been very disruptive defensively, he is setting up teammates better. Etc he has improved by leaps and bounds but to mention one has to see him be even better and against good/elite compe ion is a comment that elicits the Dijon police...
    I remember your earlier takes. :throwup.

Some of us can see it when some can't.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol at all the other DM haters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember your earlier takes. :throwup.

Some of us can see it when some can't.
    I have always liked Dijon. I criticized a horrible performance in summer league which in hindsight perhaps things were going on behind closed doors bc he was in trade discussions. When I criticized his performance he wasn’t good. I am not even criticizing here which is why all these comments are ...

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference between a good poster and a bad poster is that the good poster can see the future or ability of that player, while a bad poster just regurgitates bland ty stat takes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference between a good poster and a bad poster is that the good poster can see the future or ability of that player, while a bad poster just regurgitates bland ty stat takes.
    I don’t give a about your rankings dude. No one does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray still has a long way to go before I'd consider him to be even a good point guard. However, if he could play against the Cavs every game he'd probably be a MVP candidate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Dijon was included in trade discussions last summer, I wonder if he was also at the trade deadline, and more importantly, whether PATFO will consider him as expendable this coming post-season? Has he shown the development necessary for PATFO to truly regard him as the PG of the future or is he still on an extended audition? (I suppose too much depends on the playoffs, and it is premature to answer the question - but not too early to speculate on ST.) Given the current state of Spurs leadership, one thing I really like about Dijon is his desire to lead the team. If his ability ever matches that desire, he will be excellent.

I do wonder if the days of Spurs-for-life are over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    murray, i think, has really been improving significantly since he moved into the starting role. His defense has improved as has his pace, decision making and even his shooting. highly unlikely we see him in summer league play, but i fully expect him to be a solid starter for us next season.
    Last edited by rjv; 02-28-2018 at 01:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm grateful he's only 21 with a bunch of room to grow.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/2...ejounte-murray

The problem with Murray isn't his upside or even improvement, in a vacuum. It's what I've long said: In order to get back into championship contention, they need him to become a star and they need him to do so before Aldridge is no longer one. You can never be sure at Aldridge's age, but as we've discussed, he could conceivably maintain that status into his mid 30s, which would give Murray 2-3 more seasons.

We should know what Spurs and Leonard's answer to this question is this off season. Considering they conceivably have the pieces for a Walker trade, if we don't hear of them at least pursuing it, we'll know where they stand. If/when they offer Leonard the super max, if he signs without them trading for Walker, we'll know where he stands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's way better than he was earlier in the year, when I doubted he could get the ball up the court without getting swiped. His handles were almost up to his armpits and he dribbled around like he'd never played organized ball before. Now, he's much more settled, seems to grasp the rotations much better, and as big as anything, is hitting mid-range shots.

That's a huge improvement over the last four months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/2...ejounte-murray

The problem with Murray isn't his upside or even improvement, in a vacuum. It's what I've long said: In order to get back into championship contention, they need him to become a star and they need him to do so before Aldridge is no longer one. You can never be sure at Aldridge's age, but as we've discussed, he could conceivably maintain that status into his mid 30s, which would give Murray 2-3 more seasons.

We should know what Spurs and Leonard's answer to this question is this off season. Considering they conceivably have the pieces for a Walker trade, if we don't hear of them at least pursuing it, we'll know where they stand. If/when they offer Leonard the super max, if he signs without them trading for Walker, we'll know where he stands.
    that's a great article that covers both his great assets defensively, and his current flaws offensively.
    thanks for sharing that.

Thread Information