Page 48 of 134 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 3328
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teagues usage is a lot higher and he's a bigger threat than Bjelica. That being said, I would have preferred Murray on Teague/Mills on Bjelica since Teague is more important.

If they wanted to go through Bjelica in the post, then job well done Spurs -- you want to induce teams to go to their inferior options.

Plus, whether if its Murray or Mills, Bjelica would be an advantage over either and would need a double team.
    The analytics suggest Murray should stay away from guards like Teague and would be better served checking shooting like Bjelica. That article posted a couple of days ago said Murray's only plus-play defensive is guarding spot-up attempts. Qualitatively speaking, Murray's defensive value comes more from off-ball work than on-ball anyway. It's much easier to jump passing lanes and get blocks when you can come from a help position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait until this guy get's the confidence / strength to turn the corner harder in the half court - he is showing me some real open court pace I didn't know he had, if he can learn to add some pace into his game in the half court and attack the rotating / recovering D at his size and with his length, that is going to be a real issue for the opposition.
    Good post.....He needs another off-season or two to get strong enough ....also add the corner 3 and we have a real weapon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really liked how he was aggressive and attacked Harden all minutes he was on the floor...DJ's last games were pretty impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overrated scrub with no 3 pointer, is he from the 70s or something?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really liked how he was aggressive and attacked Harden all minutes he was on the floor...DJ's last games were pretty impressive.
    No he didnt. Great on d. Still really ty on offense. Failed running fast break.

Also its not attacking when you drive and shoot a floater trying to avoid contact or pulling up. Attacking is taking is strong all the way to the cup. He didnt do this, but needs to. Right now hes essentially green without a shot. And many on here think green has no skill

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also its not attacking when you drive and shoot a floater trying to avoid contact or pulling up. Attacking is taking is strong all the way to the cup. He didnt do this, but needs to. Right now hes essentially green without a shot. And many on here think green has no skill
    The fastbreaks were obviously Patty’s fault. It’s because of his size that he didn’t feel confident about going up attacking with a layup. So it created awkwardness. They even showed the Pop sound bite when he pulled Patty to the side and told him next time he’s on a fast break to just run to the corner for the 3 instead. DJ always runs the fast break well with someone bigger like Kyle.

He does have to improve his offense. But he did attack Harden often. But cmon the dude is super thin and needs more weight and strength to be able to do what you just stated so he has to stick with floaters in traffic for now.

But go ahead and call me “dumb” even though I just gave you the obvious truth.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fastbreaks were obviously Patty’s fault. It’s because of his size that he didn’t feel confident about going up attacking with a layup. So it created awkwardness. They even showed the Pop sound bite when he pulled Patty to the side and told him next time he’s on a fast break to just run to the corner for the 3 instead. DJ always runs the fast break well with someone bigger like Kyle.

He does have to improve his offense. But he did attack Harden often. But cmon the dude is super thin and needs more weight and strength to be able to do what you just stated so he has to stick with floaters in traffic for now.

But go ahead and call me “dumb” even though I just gave you the obvious truth.
    You must not watch. Murray cant run a fast break. And yes, you are dumb if you think thin has anything to do with no wanting contact. Everyone in the nba is thin.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You don't like Murray?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You must not watch. Murray cant run a fast break. And yes, you are dumb if you think thin has anything to do with no wanting contact. Everyone in the nba is thin.
    He runs them pretty good for the most part. Do you not understand? It’s not about “not wanting contact”. It’s about him being too damn light to finish. So if they don’t call the foul he most likely will miss for no reason. And you know damn well that Murray is thinner than most. And no they’re not. Especially not the big men that he will be meeting at the rim. And even for the sake of this situation, Harden is not thin either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't like Murray?
    He obviously doesn’t. It’s almost seems personal at this point

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He runs them pretty good for the most part. Do you not understand? It’s not about “not wanting contact”. It’s about him being too damn light to finish. So if they don’t call the foul he most likely will miss for no reason. And you know damn well that Murray is thinner than most. And no they’re not. Especially not the big men that he will be meeting at the rim. And even for the sake of this situation, Harden is not thin either.
    Lololololololll. Then he has no business in the nba

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't like Murray?
    No. Hes terrible. But i do praise him if he does anything right. ty to watch him run the floor, and if you like good ball movement or the right basketball play, it should be personal. Hes ruining any hope of good ball movement

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overrated scrub with no 3 pointer, is he from the 70s or something?
    I'd like more 3-points shooters instead of DJ and Kyle together in the starting lineup but both players improved in last games. Kyle has his ways to score without a 3-point shot and DJ is finding his...

Many players didn't have a shot in their first seasons, kept working and shots started to fall...Could be Murray's case

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Hes terrible. But i do praise him if he does anything right. ty to watch him run the floor, and if you like good ball movement or the right basketball play, it should be personal. Hes ruining any hope of good ball movement
    I'm still having a hard time understanding. You haven't been real clear.
    Last edited by palangi; 04-02-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He obviously doesn’t. It’s almost seems personal at this point
    No doubt. It's all he can talk about

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok it needs to be said. his finishing of layups against rockets is the best ive seen from him all season. Finally showing improvement at a part of his game that was way too soft. Finished strong, displayed a change of speed & used his body to sheild his shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm stool having a hard time understanding. You haven't been real clear.
    LMFAO!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great on d. Still really ty on offense.
    Funny thing is I thought Murray was the worst defensive player I'd ever seen in college (even though I loved him for the Spurs in the draft).

The Spurs have molded him into a good defensive player.

Murray is a piece of clay that the Spurs can mold into an elite player just like they did with Kawhi. (Let's hope they don't stop at the neck this time.)

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny thing is I thought Murray was the worst defensive player I'd ever seen in college (even though I loved him for the Spurs in the draft).

The Spurs have molded him into a good defensive player.

Murray is a piece of clay that the Spurs can mold into an elite player just like they did with Kawhi. (Let's hope they don't stop at the neck this time.)
    Out of curiosity, did you watch much of Kyle Anderson in college? I didn't. I ask because when the Spurs drafted him all I saw was talk about his passing ability, but he has become a great defensive player and rebounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of curiosity, did you watch much of Kyle Anderson in college? I didn't. I ask because when the Spurs drafted him all I saw was talk about his passing ability, but he has become a great defensive player and rebounder.
    The last thing I ever expected Kyle Anderson to be was a good defender. That he holds it down the way he has is a huge testament to his and the team's efforts at improvement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a USC Trojan, I would never watch Kyle Anderson's Bruins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're talking about Kyle in a Murray thread, YOLO, but Kyle was always touted as a poor man's diaw. That's post prime diaw specifically.

That the Spurs got him to be a defensive small ball 4 with better than diaw defense is a great idea. The offense will come and Kyle will be great role player from his age's 26 to 30 if everything works out. Defense before offense with both Kyle and Murray nay have been a much about giving kawhi greater playmaking demands. It'll be interesting, If kawhi leaves next season, how much more green light those two get (assuming Kyle comes back)

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're talking about Kyle in a Murray thread, YOLO, but Kyle was always touted as a poor man's diaw. That's post prime diaw specifically.

That the Spurs got him to be a defensive small ball 4 with better than diaw defense is a great idea. The offense will come and Kyle will be great role player from his age's 26 to 30 if everything works out. Defense before offense with both Kyle and Murray nay have been a much about giving kawhi greater playmaking demands. It'll be interesting, If kawhi leaves next season, how much more green light those two get (assuming Kyle comes back)
    Yeah it's a total thread hijack. I was thinking that Murray and Anderson can be used as (positive) examples of PATFO's player development skills, at least on the defensive end.

Of course a player has to have both the tools and desire to be a good defender. Mills, Neal, Forbes (too small) and Belinelli (didn't care enough?) are counterexamples here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it's a total thread hijack. I was thinking that Murray and Anderson can be used as (positive) examples of PATFO's player development skills, at least on the defensive end.

Of course a player has to have both the tools and desire to be a good defender. Mills, Neal, Forbes (too small) and Belinelli (didn't care enough?) are counterexamples here.
    In college both were already above average rebounders, ball hawks (steals, poking balls away and passing lanes, and in Kyle’s case blocks)... Dijon was too rail thin to pose much resistance to anybody and he gave up on plays quickly plus he didn’t have awareness. Kyle was lazy. But both had physical tools with their size, arms length and good instincts already for rebounds and steals. Team defense is something they had to learn.

Thread Information