Page 39 of 134 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we got a steal tbh, but somehow many of us felt he was going to be, given the wingspan * athleticism
    That was the main reason I wanted him in the draft. I felt that his flaws (how raw he was, he couldn't shoot, and couldn't translate his talent to wins, etc) would keep him out of the lottery and it did.

Perfect project player, very young, and with a lot of upside. He is starting to put it together and will only get better with time and work put in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.expressnews.com/sports/sp...witter-premium
    LaMarcus Aldridge had just gotten into a shoving match with eternal nemesis Serge Ibaka. Both big men had to be separated.

As Gregg Popovich moved to calm Aldridge, Murray waved off his coach to intervene himself.

"Don't worry about that," Murray told Aldridge, with an arm around the power forward. "Let's go win this game."

Two possessions later, Aldridge bulled through Ibaka for a basket and foul that put the Spurs up by 10 and the Raptors' big man out of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His trajectory is Russell Westbrook. He is a long point guard with speed. Both lack an outside shot but can get to whatever spot on the floor at will. Westbrook is more aggressive on offense, but DJ has the better handles and point guard instincts.

You can't teach length and speed. He will be a matchup nightmare for teams around the league. He's only gonna get better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    awesome moment tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray continuing to take a wet hot on the dumb asses

All the people who didn't overreact to summer league get in here to celebrate your boy

All of you other s get in here and apologize
    lol! im with you brother! call them out!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His trajectory is Russell Westbrook. He is a long point guard with speed. Both lack an outside shot but can get to whatever spot on the floor at will. Westbrook is more aggressive on offense, but DJ has the better handles and point guard instincts.

You can't teach length and speed. He will be a matchup nightmare for teams around the league. He's only gonna get better.
    let's not go full re .. westbrook is a freak of nature, can't find similarities with anybody.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let's not go full re .. westbrook is a freak of nature, can't find similarities with anybody.
    People may say Westbrook-Lite, but it's more like Wannabe-Westbrook.
    There is a difference, but the potential may just be the same.

I like his try-hard-in-any-way-he-can at ude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the Westbrook comparisons either. He doesn't (DJM) have the explosiveness nor speed, but then who does...
    He is incredibly long and seems to be learning how to use it. Based on incident above with LMA does seem to have some leadership potential. I liked where he waved off Pop (who seemed to enjoy it) and also afterwards he was the first to congratulate LMA for the and 1 over Ibaka.

Interestingly, I remember the Spurs being excited about his defensive potential last year..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He plays like a smaller Greek freak...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he looks like Spider-Man especially when he boards. When he extends one of those 6'8" "wings" it looks like he is shooting out a short little "web" from his fingers to snag those rebounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His rebounding is impressive... He really gets in there with the big... Reminds me of Kawhi how he snags them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His rebounding is impressive... He really gets in there with the big... Reminds me of Kawhi how he snags them
    1st rd pick for 3 defensive rebounds a game. And no dribbling skills. Great idea

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to put up or shut up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wtf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let's hope he becomes a superstar but if not solid role player for defense and rebounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to stop thinking too much and just attack. Stop playing not to up, and start playing with a porpuse. I still believe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to stop thinking too much and just attack. Stop playing not to up, and start playing with a porpuse. I still believe.
    this is 100% correct...u can tell he is thinking too much instead of attacking...when he attacks, the passing lanes ill open up as the defense reacts...and he needs to push it on misses too...put pressure on the D

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.expressnews.com/spurs-nat...s-12354016.php
    his focus is defense. He’s not a shooter at this point, but he’s smart enough to concentrate on what he can do well, and that’s play D and rebound.
    “You don’t have to be a real skilled player to do that. That’s all just in the heart and between the ears and making the decision you are going to do it. Luckily, he is coachable in that sense and is willing to accept that role. He’s got a good upside.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I basically said this in a previous post; offense will catch up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nor Chad Ford. He was a PG in college with a 4apg 3TOpg average. Thats bad. 66% ft thats bad. 28% 3pt that's bad.

The deal is he does what say needs - attacks the rim. But its ISO garbage and ill advised shots. To make matters worse, his game is driving and attacking but he can't make a ft?

I would have selected Demetrius Jackson, but am not as bummed with this pick as it actually addressed a need.
    This tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ needs to start transform those flashes of brilliance he shows from time to time into something a little more regular. If not, I will start to think that Pop would be better off giving his minutes to Forbes and/or Paul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't say he didn't get his opportunity with Parker out and Mills sucking balls; he simply didn't make the most of it--just not ready yet..

Thread Information