Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats to my good friend @Jclifio for joining the @spurs family as well... Well deserved!! #SpursFamily
    They apparently know each other?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The most interesting parts of the article:

He's got good fundamental defense, keeps his hands straight up. Also has long arms and a elite level quickness to block shots. If anything that is elite about LJC, is his quickness in jumping. That is going to surprise a lot of people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't call it a rebuild, I think there is a good chance this team wins 57 games and finishes second in the West. Its not a le contending team when compared to GSW but it should still be a top 3 or 4 team in the NBA.

The Spurs have added youth to the bench with Anderson, Simmons (not really that young but you get the point) Murray, LJC, Bertans, and possibly Forbes. They are essentially developing rookies/young players while still being compe ive I wouldn't consider it a rebuild more like a retooling.
    I don't think that is considered a retooling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will spend the season in Austin. Won't ever see more than what he's going to get now, unless he can turn into a Rodman type player. This is the year the Spurs get their books straight.
    Last edited by dbestpro; 07-23-2016 at 08:09 AM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dude's really improved. He was dog sh** last summer league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dude's really improved. He was dog sh** last summer league.
    ...those are highlights from last year's SL

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's worse than deshaun thomas

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I missed the news of Dedmon being cut.
    Truth, forgot about that guy! In any event, should help the PnR defense when Dedmon picks up 3 early 1st half fouls.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becky's quote about his future role was spot on. I think we are being unfair to him expecting him to be some high volume scorer in SL.

Based on the draft scouting he seems to have all the tools and bbiq to be a good defender, and hopefully he can regain that nice shot. It's going to be mental for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becky's quote about his future role was spot on. I think we are being unfair to him expecting him to be some high volume scorer in SL.

Based on the draft scouting he seems to have all the tools and bbiq to be a good defender, and hopefully he can regain that nice shot. It's going to be mental for him.
    He only knows how to be a role player. He's been a role player in France his entire pro-career.

Maybe he did not do well in summer league, but maybe he needs to know the system to do well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He only knows how to be a role player. He's been a role player in France his entire pro-career.

Maybe he did not do well in summer league, but maybe he needs to know the system to do well.
    Role players in the NBA are not always easy to find. He needs to become rebounding machine through speed, and he could make a nice career for himself.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Spurs have virtually the same starting lineup, same coach, and four of the main bench guys will be the same as last season. I hardly call that "rebuilding." look around the league at the rebuilding teams and it's pretty clear spurs are retooling around Kawhi/LMA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I thought ASVEL ran something similar to the Spurs' system and the Spurs' SL team runs some basic things from the Spurs' system. Is that not so?
    Last edited by Solid D; 07-23-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought ASVEL ran something similar to the Spurs' system and the Spurs' SL team runs some basic things from the Spurs' system. Is that not so?
    That's correct.

But it's a different thing to develop a player's fundamentals, and that may be lacking at ASVEL. LJC clearly regressed during his time there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

#StashBrothers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2016 Summer League stats (3 games, 17MPG):
    4.0ppg, 1.7rpg, 1.0apg, 1.0spg, 0.7bpg, 2.3TO

2016 Euro stats (25 games, 21.2MPG):
    5.9ppg, 4.6rpg, 0.9apg, 0.4spg, 0.5bpg, 1.0TO
    Those numbers in France are rather solid consider it was on a le team...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's correct.

But it's a different thing to develop a player's fundamentals, and that may be lacking at ASVEL. LJC clearly regressed during his time there.
    I absolutely agree with you there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has NBA level athleticism, and some of his issues are correctable. He was raved before he got drafted how great of a worth ethic / willing to learn he had from what I remember. He's only 22 for christ sake, and would've just been graduating a few months ago if he was in college . I could understand if he was already 25/26 years old already in his prime.

I don't get why people are so down on us picking him, when the 2013 draft was so bad from top to bottom . He tore up the US select team during the Nike Hoop Summit, so he has some type of talent.

Because people look at box scores and immediately cry "sucks"

Its so goddamn tired

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he can become a solid role player this will a good pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They do, hes 22. Hes progressed in some areas, not progressed in others.

Is what it is. You put him in Asvel so when the time is right the buyout or lack of one doesnt hinder your summer.

Development in France was secondary but not forgotten, he was given playing time, and most likely didnt face the stiffest of compe ion. His defense is already close to NBA level, and in a year or two could be shut down, and would be perfect for today's NBA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

#StashBrothers
    This Bertans kid has a good personality. Seems like a good kid. Rooting for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You would be surprised how a different environment and culture can elevate a person in MANY ways! Lets just see what LJC grows in to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because people look at box scores and immediately cry "sucks"

Its so goddamn tired
    It's not just because of the box score. If you have watched him at all, he has not made many improvements. The biggest issue is that he tore his knee up. That was after the Nike summit and SA drafted him and that more than anything has seemingly stripped him of his upside unfortunately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am rooting for this guy. Him, Bertans, Anderson, Simmons and Dedmon, someone is really going to need to take a major step forward this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have TWO All Stars who were also All NBA players, a higher bar to clear. It's not a ing rebuild.

Thread Information