Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blech, this guy sucks and was a waste of a first round pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blech, this guy sucks and was a waste of a first round pick.
    Agree. He was a big reach even then.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Finally. He pretty much wasted his time in France (sorry TP). I hope they bring Bertans over as well.

I'd be happy he if could become a Mbah Moute with more offense.
    '

LJC more athletic than Moute & can finish at the rim. He's also a garbage man instead of a mediocre 3-&-D player. He's basically what Aminu was on the Hornets & would be playing the Jeff Ayres role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    '

LJC more athletic than Moute & can finish at the rim. He's also a garbage man instead of a mediocre 3-&-D player. He's basically what Aminu was on the Clippers & would be playing the Jeff Ayres role.
    Can he finish at the rim? I seem to recall last summer league he just looked completely inept offensively. Couldn't catch for , and when he did, couldn't finish.

I agree with the Aminu comparison though - that's who I first thought of as well. LJC has the potential to bring that same defense/rebounding. Just needs to learn to catch the ball and finish around the rim and he'll be solid IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they can fit him into an exception, they may be able to have about 26m if they get rid of Anderson, Simmons, Mills and Diaw, while adding two first rounds.
    Yes, they'd have enough essentially enough (they'd be about $200k short). But that would leave:

Parker, Murray
    Leonard, Green
    Durant, Bertans
    Aldridge, LJC
    Nothing

With only part of the room exception (like so small it's not really worth it to discuss) and min deals left. I'm sure the team will get some ring-chasers, Duncan and Manu potentially being among them. But that's VERY shaky.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Can he finish at the rim? I seem to recall last summer league he just looked completely inept offensively. Couldn't catch for , and when he did, couldn't finish.
    He has the same issues as Ayres but isn't as much of a disaster even Ezeli sucks at catching the ball.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me he is a poor mans Aminu. He can at least play some defense and block shots (7'2 wingspan) which is pretty much what he showed in summer league last year. Hopefully coaching will help him improve other areas to be a little more serviceable than just that along with gaining some much needed weight. We can only hope the reason for his minimal growth was because of his injury. He should be fully healthy now.
    Last edited by montgod; 06-24-2016 at 10:55 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems like a smart player, too. Hope he's in the summer league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter how many wins if you don't have a team that can get past the thunder, warriors or cavs.
    Pop's boneheaded lineups were mostly to blame..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's got elite defensive talent, but likely has a very low basketball IQ. If he develops like a Danny Green (3 and D) player, where he doesn't have to come up with some elite moves, then he should be serviceable. I guess like Aminu.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I'm really enjoying about all of this is the potential of having an insanely compe ive Summer League and training camp. All these young guys pushing each other for roster spots and competing.. Should make things very interesting and might motivate the older vets to push harder to keep up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was way better this season and more consistent with Asvel. He doesn't take a lot of fg but he can rebound and defend.

The injury two years ago really hurt him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for LJC.

I don't have much hope that he can play in the NBA though after watching some of his ASVEL games. But he'll be the 15th man in Austin, and the 15th spot isn't going to matter much, might as well let him earn a little money while he can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I expect from Livio is rim protection and rebounding. What more can you ask for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    '

LJC more athletic than Moute & can finish at the rim. He's also a garbage man instead of a mediocre 3-&-D player. He's basically what Aminu was on the Hornets & would be playing the Jeff Ayres role.
    Pre-injury Moute was pretty athletic too. The problem is that he could never develop an offensive game or a 3p shot. He basically made a name in the NBA because of his ability to defend multiple positions.

My feeling about LJC is that he will play better in an more organized system like ours. People are down on him because he wasn't destroying the compe ion in France, but he is really not that kind of player and his injury did not help him .

He has the physical tools to play in the NBA (unlike Nando who's a star in Europe but lacks athleticism to play in the NBA). I don't expect a star or anything like that, but I think he could be a solid contributor as a role player, especially if he develops a 3p shot.
    Last edited by elemento; 06-24-2016 at 12:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I expect from Livio is rim protection and rebounding. What more can you ask for?
    if he could develop a reliable 3p shot it would be amazing for him and the team.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thoughts on Livio signing:

First of all this is what I expected and was happy about it. He's a tool in the shed. He's spent last year back defining his role and is ready made for a need the spurs have. He can shoot the mid range shot to space the floor and his accuracy has been improving. On offense he can pick and roll or pick and pop effectively which fits a need cause Duncan and Aldridge cant really roll well. Defensively he can guard three positions; small forward, pf, and small ball center and he is a terrific defender. He can guard on the perimeter and in the post using great lateral skills and possessing elite length. For the third string pf, he's a good signing. He's not an all star or anything like that he's just a role player that has strengths you want as a base for a four; defense and rebounding. But yeah he is a garbage guy and might find a niche as a glue guy. He doesn't need the ball to make an impact. He's not flashy, just a blue collar garbage guy.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have been fine as a four. That's especially true given Jean-Charles' superior mobility and timing. My biggest worry , honestly is that he seems to have those Jeff Ayres stone hands.
    Dude can only do one thing at a time, there must be silence when he runs or he gets confused. Please bring up the draft thread of this oaf.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm actually assuming there will be at least one more. No way they fill out that big-man rotation with all vets.
    Yep, I think Cady is going to have a hard road to make the team but he's due his tender like Thomas and he too agreed to be stashed in the dleague. He's getting at least to training camp. Milutinov declining playing for Serbia and coming to SL still means to me at least the chance he can make the team as well. And he plays a position of need, specially if TD retires. Whether Pop likes it or not, he's getting at least another big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not excited about him as of now, but I'm hoping he shocks me

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, I think Cady is going to have a hard road to make the team but he's due his tender like Thomas and he too agreed to be stashed in the dleague. He's getting at least to training camp. Milutinov declining playing for Serbia and coming to SL still means to me at least the chance he can make the team as well. And he plays a position of need, specially if TD retires. Whether Pop likes it or not, he's getting at least another big.
    I think whether or not Milutinov comes over is contingent to if Duncan retires or plays. But he would definitely fill a need and imo would be playable day one. He's a humble kid who doesn't make many mistakes. He plays hard and knows his role. He's an energy big and relentless on the boards not to mention he's great at rolling in the pick and roll. Reminds me of splitter somewhat.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference between Caddy and LJC is that that Caddy has a better touch from outside and has a much longer wingspan. LJC however is much quicker and may likely be able to defend against a wing player. If all LJC ever did was play defense, rebound and take the open 3, then he'll be serviceable with the Spurs. Incidentally, both players don't know how to pass..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, and if you look at the market for min-salaried big-men, you'll see that there aren't very many who look like they can help. It's not all that likely that Cady or Ndoye would have a real vet compe or. Maybe Chris Andersen.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cady get guaranteed money this time around. Maybe they can convince him to stay in the d-league another year for a fully guaranteed first season in 2017, but I kind of doubt it with is age.

PG: Parker, Mills, Murray
    SG: Green, Manu, Simmons (or Hanga for coachmac87 's benefit)
    SF: Leonard, Anderson, Bertans
    PF: Aldridge, West/Diaw, LJC
    C: Duncan, Andersen, Lalanne

This may be the best the team can do, and it's actually pretty feasible financially. Would rather have younger players who aren't as reliable rather than having five players who are 35-plus, but the talent level is pretty undeniable, as it the versatility. There's also a youngish guy ready to step in for each of the oldies.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Best French player in Spurs history, tbh.

Thread Information