Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be pretty disappointed if this ends up being the case. Basically the exact same squad as last with none of the issues being addressed (unless you think Bertans will actually get noticeable playing time and provide some 3-point shooting that we sorely lacked).

I know we won 67 games, but I don't know, seemed pretty apparent that was just overachieving in the regular season. Maybe I'm just spoiled, but that same team with Parker/Manu/Duncan all being a year older doesn't sound too exciting. Have a hard time seeing that squad win a le.
    This is true. That 67 win squad also played D west a lot who is gone IMO and not necessarily improved upon, and Boban won a few RS games for us and he's not here. I think this above group has a lower ceiling than last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is a re ed ass lineup. Too many old s. That's another wasted season as well. If that is "the best they can do" then blow it up. They need a versatile team badly. That bull roster won't cut it and you know it.
    I would say something like, "Well then you're going to really be depressed about the actual lineup" but it's clear you're going to just keep making annoying interjections with lol emoticons while thinking that makes you edgy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be pretty disappointed if this ends up being the case. Basically the exact same squad as last with none of the issues being addressed (unless you think Bertans will actually get noticeable playing time and provide some 3-point shooting that we sorely lacked).

I know we won 67 games, but I don't know, seemed pretty apparent that was just overachieving in the regular season. Maybe I'm just spoiled, but that same team with Parker/Manu/Duncan all being a year older doesn't sound too exciting. Have a hard time seeing that squad win a le.
    The Spurs' "issues" are being mad overblown. Anyway, most people thought the second unit was missing size and rim-protection. Birdman still gives that. Better than Miles Plumlee does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is French. But he's not European. Empire and all that.
    Yeah but what about English people, are they euros now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs' "issues" are being mad overblown. Anyway, most people thought the second unit was missing size and rim-protection. Birdman still gives that. Better than Miles Plumlee does.
    You have a point on Birdman and he's playoff tested. My worry aside from the d west minutes is they still look poised to rely on Tim and Manu for a lot. That bench is still Mills/Manu/Diaw reliant. I don't see enough additions to alleviate these problems. Manu is not going to get better. He could make a disappearing act in the playoffs again. Timmy could get the knee soreness again. Mills is going to be a terrible PG again. I'd expect at least one FA to fix ons of these problems. I'd they fix just one I'll be happy enough and hope that some young guys can fix others.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have a point on Birdman and he's playoff tested. My worry aside from the d west minutes is they still look poised to rely on Tim and Manu for a lot. That bench is still Mills/Manu/Diaw reliant. I don't see enough additions to alleviate these problems. Manu is not going to get better. He could make a disappearing act in the playoffs again. Timmy could get the knee soreness again. Mills is going to be a terrible PG again. I'd expect at least one FA to fix ons of these problems. I'd they fix just one I'll be happy enough and hope that some young guys can fix others.
    What the are you smoking? Low IQ basketball randoms that barely started watching basketball 2 years ago need to slow it down...

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Things fathead needs to improve on.

Speed. Dude has ZERO ing speed. ZERO. Like Slomo needs to change to SUPERSLOMO.

Dude has ZERO ing strength. ZERO. Dude has the weight though just ing weak as . Not strong enough for the 3.

Can't ing rebound for . Only gets the uncontested rebounds. Dude couldn't react quick enough to get a rebound 5 feet away from him in the playoffs.

Dude can't ing shoot for . Hesitant on OPEN shots and Only shoots SUPER OPEN shots. Definitely can't space the floor with 2s.

Dude has no 3 point shot. The worst on the team. Can't space the floor with threes. Basically a black hole on offense.

I haven't seen this dude as a point forward because he probably sucks at that too. He isn't in HS anymore.

Dude is ALWAYS reaching in cause he is a ty defender and can't move laterally.

He can't steal. He can't defend. He can't score. He can't playmake. Dude is a tomato can.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone tell me I'm wrong with my assessment of Fathead.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fathead .055WS/48

Patty Mills .124WS/48 on an OFF year.

And I might add that a forward should get around a .100WS/48 WAY EASIER than a Guard can.

This was during the playoffs.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty .571TS%

Fathead .410TS% during the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty .571TS%

Fathead .410TS% during the playoffs.
    You hopped up on something right now? You are fired up.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You hopped up on something right now? You are fired up.
    Nah man. Just don't understand how someone can throw shade on every freaking player on the team but thinks Fathead is a good player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah man. Just don't understand how someone can throw shade on every freaking player on the team but thinks Fathead is a good player.
    Lol. Eh, it is what it is. I'm giving him this last year to put anything... ANYTHING together (and I don't have high hopes) before totally trashing the hydro-cephalic.
    Cojo looked like a waste for his first few years also before putting things together to become... serviceable.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably the reason he can't playmake is because no one respects his ing shot.

How do you get people to go around the screens and get caught by the pump fake. That pretty much makes it impossible to drive in and/or dish.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Eh, it is what it is. I'm giving him this last year to put anything... ANYTHING together (and I don't have high hopes) before totally trashing the hydro-cephalic.
    Cojo looked like a waste for his first few years also before putting things together to become... serviceable.
    Yeah but you don't say he is a good player. There is a difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably the reason he can't playmake is because no one respects his ing shot.

How do you get people to around the screens and get caught by the pump fake. That pretty much makes it impossible to drive in and/or dish.
    I will be honest here- I've never seen a 3 second jump shot before Kyle and I've seen some strange shot setups.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will be honest here- I've never seen a 3 second jump shot before Kyle and I've seen some strange shot setups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's true. I was watching a game with my wife and there Kyle was, pulling up for a jumper and it was like watching the Matrix.
    I stated that there was no way I just saw what I thought I saw so I rewound the DVR and counted the seconds, in real time, from his pull-up to release.

3 whole seconds and maybe fractions of a second more.
    It was incredible! And he made it, which was more incredible since I thought that duck was never going in!

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's true. I was watching a game with my wife and there Kyle was, pulling up for a jumper and it was like watching the Matrix.
    I stated that there was no way I just saw what I thought I saw so I rewound the DVR and counted the seconds, in real time, from his pull-up to release.

3 whole seconds and maybe fractions of a second more.
    It was incredible! And he made it, which was more incredible since I thought that duck was never going in!
    I've seen Fathead with open shots, like wide open, and the close out still happens from opposite side of the court. Dude is ing slow to shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I gotta believe the FO has this in the back of their mind, and know that if not for a few bounces they would've gone further than the WCSF.
    They'll look at it like they didn't get their doors blown off by okc, who obviously wasn't a pushover from what they did in the next round.

It'll all fall on how okc revamps. If they keep Durant then I can see where the FO has to reinvent the roster a little more to keep up with the improvement.

Otherwise, unless Durant heads to GS, I can see the little tweaks suggested in the above roster be enough to stay the course and contend in 2017.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen Fathead with open shots, like wide open, and the close out still happens from opposite side of the court. Dude is ing slow to shoot.
    Chip's not earning his paycheck with that guy. Or maybe Kyle just does what he wants. Not everybody is an obedient machine like Kawhi...

I mean seriously, if I was Pop and the gang- I would be harping on him to speed up that shot. Gain good mechanics and then let your muscle memory and instincts fly.
    Yeah, it takes a 1000 shots a day while concentrating on good habits, but that's why you get paid what you get paid to live in FantasyLand!

The more I look at Kyle, the more I appreciate Kawhi, and I'm not a player fan. I truly hope something clicks with the kid.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chip's not earning his paycheck with that guy. Or maybe Kyle just does what he wants. Not everybody is an obedient machine like Kawhi...

I mean seriously, if I was Pop and the gang- I would be harping on him to speed up that shot. Gain good mechanics and then let your muscle memory and instincts fly.
    Yeah, it takes a 1000 shots a day while concentrating on good habits, but that's why you get paid what you get paid to live in FantasyLand!

The more I look at Kyle, the more I appreciate Kawhi, and I'm not a player fan. I truly hope something clicks with the kid.
    I felt Kawhi was special after watching him a few games. Fathead doesn't give that same vibe. He should never get any playoff minutes unless Pop wants to set himself up for disappointment again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Otherwise, unless Durant heads to GS, I can see the little tweaks suggested in the above roster be enough to stay the course and contend in 2017.
    While maintaining a ton of flexibility in 2017-18 and beyond. Younger players may develop while catching Kawhi's prime and tail end of LMA's good years, with room to add FA. No need to stretch this offseason if no difference makers who can hamstring you down road.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I felt Kawhi was special after watching him a few games. Fathead doesn't give that same vibe. He should never get any playoff minutes unless Pop wants to set himself up for disappointment again.
    Let's get real here: we all know Kawhi is shooting hoops in a gym right this second. Right now.
    Working on his game. And tomorrow? He going to be shooting hoops, working on his game.
    Doing what Chip and Chad and Pop and whoever else told him to improve upon- he's doing it.

Right now.

We ALL know he's going to come back next year either more polished, or better at something he struggled with before.
    He does it every year through his machine-like commitment to being the best.

Kyle? Uh... Yeah. Um... All I can say is I reeeeeaaaalllly hope (picture Vince Vaughan in Swingers talking to John Favreau telling him how to get a girl) and I mean reeeeaaaalllly hope he does something for his game this summer.
    But I'm not counting on it necessarily. Not like I count on Kawhi. Why are professional athletes like Kawhi so rare?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that just opinion?

Because facts tell a different story. plumlee averaged more blocks and rebounds and points. He also had a better FG%. Plumlee is also a better passer with a higher assist average. And he is 10 years younger than the 37 year old birdman

Birdman
    SEASON TEAM GP GS MIN FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FTM-A FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
    '15-'16 20 14 18.3 1.7-3.1 .548 0.1-0.5 .222 1.1-1.6 .688 1.7 2.8 4.5 0.5 0.5 0.7 1.3 0.4 4.6
    Plumlee
    GP MPG FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% RPG APG BLKPG STLPG PFPG TOPG PPG
    2015-16 Regular Season 61 14.3 2.3-3.8 .601 0.0-0.0 .000 0.6-1.0 .576 3.8 0.3 0.8 0.3 1.2 0.7 5.1

Thread Information