Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ I was going to say, Pop has taken in a large share of sieve guards so long as they could score. Heck all you had to run was a PNR defended by Mills and D west and you got a bucket or a foul, unfortunately.
    The only scenario Gordon could make sense in, is one where both Ginobili and Mills are gone and the backup back court is remade, since he's not a fit next to the former defensively or the latter offensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gordon's problem has been injuries, and the team he's been on. He was a totally different player on the Clippers. He signed an offer sheet with the Suns, and made it clear he didn't want to be in New Orleans, but the Pelicans matched it. So when he got injured, the fans insisted that he did it on purpose so he wouldn't have to play.

He's actually a pretty decent defender. But he's not a lock-down perimeter stopper, which I guess is what people expect? On a team where all 5 guys are playing defense, he would more than hold his own. NO has been a better defensive team during the times he was on the court. He put up something like 1,200 points in each of his first three seasons with the Clippers. Last season, the Spurs only had two players put up over 900 points. If he's health enough, the Spurs could sure as use his scoring ability.

I don't know how healthy he is or isn't. But if he is ready to go, my biggest problem with him is that I think someone is still going to over-pay for him. He's got one of a lot of upside, at the right price, and the Spurs would have ample opportunity to see if he's healthy. I just don't think he will be available at the right price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going back to LJC. I imagine he has another SL workout and I hope to see him play better. He seemed too raw last time, though one can tell he's an athlete who plays with a lot of energy something the Spurs need, so I would really want to see some improvement from the last SL.

The moves to bring all these rookies in, not just LJC, but Milutinov and Dejonte, set us up to have 3 rookies just in our first round picks, and adding Bertans that's 4. On top of that they seem to want to resign Boban, and Simmons and Anderson are likely staying put. That's 7 new, to relatively new playes, some of them very young with a timeline of a couple of years until they show us something. Some who are under a bit more pressure to show us something already next season. Still that's a lot of youth. Eventually some of these guys will fall out. Probabilities say at least half will not pan out, or maybe they will but later, somewhere else. But Spurs will get a look at all of them up close, will try to help those who can be helped and the ones who are too far off from being an NBA player we will know in a couple of seasons, but it's a cheap way to fill up a roster with some hopefuls and potential players. In a way it makes one su ious that some kind of move is coming, though I am on the disbelief camp, but if Timmy and Manu do retire, what's to hold Pop from making the roster they want to make and selecting the young players that they believe complement Kawhi better and will be the best players of these particular rookie group.

It seems almost unbelievable for the Spurs to have this many young guys in the team. Something is up.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 06-28-2016 at 03:56 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I strongly doubt that the Spurs have both Boban and Milutinov on the roster next season. And if Boban is gone and they do bring in Milutinov, he'll matter just as much as Boban did. Limited garbage time minutes and glued to the bench while West and Diaw get humiliated.

LJC and Murray will probably be in the d-league and inactive most of the NBA season.

Really the only addition that matters to an active roster if Boban returns is Bertans, who will likely be limited to spot minutes in a Bonner role until Pop losses another playoff series and decides to give him a real chance, no doubt overcompensating for his mistake to the media by declaring him his favorite player.

So even though I would love a youth/stash movement of new players on the team, and would love if the same Pop who started a rookie Parker showed up and played the young guys, I don't think anything is going on that's unusual. Nothing's up, other than giving LJC a charity reward spot, covering their Bonner spot with Bertans before his knee explodes by again, and getting another Corey Joseph to take years to develop into a player before he leaves in free agency.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul Garcia PS (@PaulGarciaPS) tweeted at 4:07 PM on Fri, Jul 22, 2016:
    The Spurs have officially signed Livio Jean-Charles. That's 15 contracts on the books, 12 guaranteed.
    (https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaPS/sta...154973185?s=03)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have officially signed Livio Jean-Charles. That's 15 contracts on the books, 12 guaranteed.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just ing admit it RC, you drafted a ing dud per par. No need to force him on the roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stick him in Austin, and see if he could be at least a good rim protector and rebounder. Kid has shown he has talent in the past, so hopefully he develops properly now with the Spurs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude sucks ass....

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully the spurs saw something they liked otherwise this is just a loyalty contract for his years overseas.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SAN ANTONIO (July 22, 2016) – The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have signed forward Livio Jean-Charles. Per club policy, terms of the contract were not announced.

Jean-Charles, 6-9/225, was originally drafted by the Spurs with the 28th overall pick in the 2013 NBA Draft. The 22-year-old has spent the last four seasons with ASVEL Lyon-Villeurbanne of the French Pro-A League. Last season he saw action in 25 games, averaging 5.9 points and 4.6 rebounds in 21.2 minutes while shooting .552 (64-116) from the field and .655 (19-29) from the foul line. In the playoffs he appeared in 11 games, upping his averages to 7.5 points and 4.8 rebounds in 25.9 minutes helping lead ASVEL to the French League championship. Jean-Charles also made eight FIBA Europe Cup appearances, averaging 8.8 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 23.9 minutes.

Prior to joining Lyon-Villeurbanne, Jean-Charles spent two seasons with Centre Federal du Basket-Ball in the French-NM1 League.

Jean-Charles represented France on the U-20 National Team at the 2012 and 2013 U-20 European Championships. At the 2013 U-20 Championships, he averaged 17.3 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.5 assists.

In April 2013, Jean-Charles participated in the Nike Hoop Summit where he was named the Most Outstanding Player after a 27-point, 13-rebound effort, leading the World Team to a 112-98 win over the USA Junior Select Team that included current NBA players Karl-Anthony Towns, Joel Embiid and Jabari Parker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's hope he turns out to become Ibaka Lite.

Roster seems full now:

Gasol / Dedmon
    Aldridge / Jean Charles
    Leonard / Anderson / Bertans
    Green / Ginobili / Simmons
    Parker / Mills / Murray

Forbes, Arcidiacono both unguaranteed.

Lalanne stashed to China.

Spurs might bring in Ndoye to training camp.

But that's all folks.... something tells me that the Spurs might sign 2 vet. min. players during the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2016 Summer League stats (3 games, 17MPG):
    4.0ppg, 1.7rpg, 1.0apg, 1.0spg, 0.7bpg, 2.3TO

2016 Euro stats (25 games, 21.2MPG):
    5.9ppg, 4.6rpg, 0.9apg, 0.4spg, 0.5bpg, 1.0TO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't understand what this dudes been doing the past year. He has shown like no development. Maybe he's been told not to shoot. He looked scared and tenative when shooting jumpers. He's got no dribble drive moves. For someone with so much natural athletic ability and length he moves sheepishly around the court. What a waste of potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than Kevin Martin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than Kevin Martin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like 2 years late

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats 15 lets get the season started!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably tore an ACL signing his contract, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't understand what this dudes been doing the past year. He has shown like no development. Maybe he's been told not to shoot. He looked scared and tenative when shooting jumpers. He's got no dribble drive moves. For someone with so much natural athletic ability and length he moves sheepishly around the court. What a waste of potential.
    I don't think he got the green light. Guys like Murray, Anderson and Simmons were told go out there and make something happen. I think LJC was trying to figure out how to play with those guys. I'm not sure how much he got to practice with the SL team prior to obtaining his insurance. He made some good plays, but he'd try to make others, and the timing just wasn't there. Screens didn't connect, switches were a little late, he'd have an open roll to the rim and his man wouldn't see him. I expect that to improve with time.

What I am less confident in is him improving his strength on the boards. That's non-negotiable. And he does need to figure out what he can do on offense. Dude's been caught between positions for too long. Hopefully, with Cady overseas, LJC will get all the minutes he can handle at the four in Austin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know. Who isn't?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also I guess he isn't counting Simmons as guaranteed yet. This is what I have.

Parker, Mills, Murray all gtd Arcidiacono - not fully gtd
    Green, Ginobili all gtd, Forbes - not fully gtd
    Leonard, Simmons, Bertans - all gtd
    Aldridge, Anderson, LJC - all gtd
    Gasol, Dedmon - all gtd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austin Spurs forward. He needs some serious deprogramming.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also I guess he isn't counting Simmons as guaranteed yet. This is what I have.

Parker, Mills, Murray all gtd Arcidiacono - not fully gtd
    Green, Ginobili all gtd, Forbes - not fully gtd
    Leonard, Simmons, Bertans - all gtd
    Aldridge, Anderson, LJC - all gtd
    Gasol, Dedmon - all gtd
    Rookies - Bertans, Murray, LJC, Forbes, Arcidiacono (5????)

Well.. I can get used to this team. Spurs will likely need one more vet. I don't think Spurs will pick up both Forbes and Arci.

LJC and Murray will likely also play a lot in Austin (unless Pop has changed).

The team is certainly the MOST athletic team in a very long while.

Thread Information