Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The UK should tread lightly. If more countries become independent and join the EU, the UK could find itself begging to rejoin the EU.
    Or France could secede from the EU next

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are all looking at those additional 2.5 million refugees across the border in Turkey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems to me that the richer countries don't want to foot the bill for nations like Greece, Spain, Portugal, and Italy which are in financial trouble.
    Those richer countries are making out like bandits both by bailing out those countries with loans and making sure none of those countries put them at a compe ive disadvantage.

How are Germany or France going to remain compe ive if any of these countries break out and devalue their currency? This is economics 101, the EU is simply much more powerful as a group than as individual countries.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those richer countries are making out like bandits both by bailing out those countries with loans and making sure none of those countries put them at a compe ive disadvantage.

How are Germany or France going to remain compe ive if any of these countries break out and devalue their currency? This is economics 101, the EU is simply much more powerful as a group than as individual countries.
    rtm got her info from a super realible source. She's right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reck bringing the dumbass as usual.

Who gives a if Greece devalues their currency? Olive oil and craft goods are cheaper?

They aren't going to put Volkwagen out of business and they just got a lot more expensive in Greece with a devalued currency.

Now all the loans from European banks that's another story. Deutsche might actually have to produce an honest balance sheet that reflects loans that will never be repaid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reck bringing the dumbass as usual.

Who gives a if Greece devalues their currency? Olive oil and craft goods are cheaper?

They aren't going to put Volkwagen out of business and they just got a lot more expensive in Greece with a devalued currency.

Now all the loans from European banks that's another story. Deutsche might actually have to produce an honest balance sheet that reflects loans that will never be repaid.
    Volkswagen won't think twice to go manufacture on cheap labor. Heck, probably half of their cars are Made in China already. That's how globalization works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are all looking at those additional 2.5 million refugees across the border in Turkey.
    Schengen is already falling apart. A number of countries have reins uted border controls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    England could do better without Scotland than Scotland could do without England.

With the North sea "easy" oil play gone and $50 oil the new norm economically it pretty well sucks to be Scotland.
    That's not what the Scots think.

Thread Information