Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    What context? learn some spanish before talking like an authority kid you were exposed very badly.

Wow now specific statements needs contexts and layers...
    son yo no hablo espanol and I am obviously not as well do ented as you, but can you tell me why a team would NOT want diego? I remember that all the european clubs begged viciously for him.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    son yo no hablo espanol and I am obviously not as well do ented as you, but can you tell me why a team would NOT want diego? I remember that all the european clubs begged viciously for him.
    What are you talking about?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I will have a look to this video tbh, cannot open it now.

I have no idea of the context of the vid but as far as I know he officially received an offer superior from River than from Boca. It is I believe well do ented. Now Diego was pissed off because Boca did not offer him a coaching job some years ago IIRC it is maybe to piss off back Boca.

He held a party to celebrate the 20th of his comeback to his beloved Boca last year with a boca juniors cake and a jersey... but yeah he had the dream
    Dude, this is an old video from when he was still playing in Argentinos. When the negotations were taking place. And before Maradona "became the hugest Boca fan ever" (he's an Independiente fan, fyi. At least he was as a child.).

I don't know what "well do ented" fact you are talking about but I have never heard that story you told.

And, if you watch the video, you can clearly see a young Maradona sad as that River didn't offer enough money for him to join the club. And he litterally says "tenía la ilusión de ir a River" which translates to "I had the dream of going to River", so I don't know where you get your facts son but kill the informer, tbh.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Because at that time River was stacked and as Diego said they already had Filliol and Passarella big contracts so they had no room for him, it was a money issue.
    After this he went to Barcelona and things didnt work out quite well, in Napoli he had a great career but surrounded by great teammates you dont win championships by making 14 goals per season and after Napoli he was pretty much done.
    Im pretty sure euro clubs wanted him he was the best of his time.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Oh Missy is not like Diego aka ¨Dragon Killer¨ when the was that fatso quad teamed?

And he is a choker not his ing teammates.

Lets look at the second pic, Di Lesion is like ¨Gotta Get The Out Here¨

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Dude, this is an old video from when he was still playing in Argentinos. When the negotations were taking place. And before Maradona "became the hugest Boca fan ever" (he's an Independiente fan, fyi. At least he was as a child.).

I don't know what "well do ented" fact you are talking about but I have never heard that story you told.

And, if you watch the video, you can clearly see a young Maradona sad as that River didn't offer enough money for him to join the club. And he litterally says "tenía la ilusión de ir a River" which translates to "I had the dream of going to River", so I don't know where you get your facts son but kill the informer, tbh.
    wtf son... I was not talking of his first contract with Boca, I was talking about his second contract after Seville... At that time from what I understood / read he has been offered more money to sign with River than Boca but still preferred play for Boca, that is in his biography

I had no idea about his first contract negotiation after argentinos and if River was in the race to get him.

For the rest I know he was an independiente fan but from the day he wore Boca jersey he has been loyal to Boca against the millionaires of River.

I will watch this vid anyway, thanks for posting. Pienso que voy a entender la video

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    wtf son... I was not talking of his first contract with Boca, I was talking about his second contract after Seville... At that time from what I understood / read he has been offered more money to sign with River than Boca but still preferred play for Boca, that is in his biography

I had no idea about his first contract negotiation after argentinos and if River was in the race to get him.

For the rest I know he was an independiente fan but from the day he wore Boca jersey he has been loyal to Boca against the millionaires of River.

I will watch this vid anyway, thanks for posting. Pienso que voy a entender la video
    No son, that was during his first transfer from AAAJ. After Sevilla he played 4/5 matches with Newells (Messi's childhood club), coached a couple of teams and returned to Boca in TOSB mode.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    What context? learn some spanish before talking like an authority kid you were exposed very badly.

Wow now specific statements needs contexts and layers...
    dumbass context is quite everything.

I said I could not watch the video, I will do tonite so my Spanish understanding has nothing to do with that. DAF mentionned it was during his Argentinos time but then I was talking about his second contract.

For the rest, kid, Spanish is my fourth language, so yeah certainly worst than yours but also probably better than your French or Portugues. All in all, I'm pretty sure I can understand an interview in Spanish

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    apparently he also said (it's in portugues but I guess a correct translation):

- "Eu tinha recusado uma oferta do River, que estava cheio de dinheiro, para aceitar a do Boca, que não tinha nada. Era uma coisa de louco. Deixei de ganhar, mas sabia que fazendo um bom campeonato tinha o Barcelona aos meus pés" – ressaltou Diego.

so yeah all seems a bit confusing but I obviously trust the ST Argies to clean that up

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    No son, that was during his first transfer from AAAJ. After Sevilla he played 4/5 matches with Newells (Messi's childhood club), coached a couple of teams and returned to Boca in TOSB mode.
    return was indeed tosb mode

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    dumbass context is quite everything.

I said I could not watch the video, I will do tonite so my Spanish understanding has nothing to do with that. DAF mentionned it was during his Argentinos time but then I was talking about his second contract.

For the rest, kid, Spanish is my fourth language, so yeah certainly worst than yours but also probably better than your French or Portugues. All in all, I'm pretty sure I can understand an interview in Spanish
    There is no context he explained THE WHOLE THING in the video, watch it, say you were wrong and we move to other things.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

I never heard of River offering Maradona a contract after Sevilla, tbh. I'm not saying it isn't true but I doubt it. Why would River want to sign an ex-Boca player that was past his prime? But if it's true, it's only logical for Maradona to turn down River after playing in Boca. The same would happen the other way around. Very few players have done that. It is seen as a major sin here.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    There is no context he explained THE WHOLE THING in the video, watch it, say you were wrong and we move to other things.
    read the whole stuff. I had already explained 1. I could not watch the vid and 2. I was talking about second contract with Boca, vid was at the time of the first... not sure what is hard to understand

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    I never heard of River offering Maradona a contract after Sevilla, tbh. I'm not saying it isn't true but I doubt it. Why would River want to sign an ex-Boca player that was past his prime? But if it's true, it's only logical for Maradona to turn down River after playing in Boca. The same would happen the other way around. Very few players have done that. It is seen as a major sin here.
    I've mixed up things. I've read Maradona autobiography a long time ago.

I've been looking for the part of Boca signing in the book and the part I was remembering was on his first signing. Some quotes / extracts:

Diego: "They asked me (...) if I'd only made the claim to put pressure on river. It was an odd situation, River who had all the money but none of my heart, Boca with no money and all of my passion." He mentionned River made a 13 MUSD offer etc etc...

now it does not mean there was not something on second signing but yeah I'm not sure.

Of course in his biography he would not say he wanted River badly but I stayed with that in mind regarding his story River/Boca. In his book he is quite explicit about his desire to play for Boca tho. Nevertheless the vid you posted offer a new angle to this legend.

At the end, point remains, River Plate fans are I believe quite biased when talking about Maradona which is understandable.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

At the end, point remains, River Plate fans are I believe quite biased when talking about Maradona which is understandable.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I've mixed up things. I've read Maradona autobiography a long time ago.

I've been looking for the part of Boca signing in the book and the part I was remembering was on his first signing. Some quotes / extracts:

Diego: "They asked me (...) if I'd only made the claim to put pressure on river. It was an odd situation, River who had all the money but none of my heart, Boca with no money and all of my passion." He mentionned River made a 13 MUSD offer etc etc...

now it does not mean there was not something on second signing but yeah I'm not sure.

Of course in his biography he would not say he wanted River badly but I stayed with that in mind regarding his story River/Boca. In his book he is quite explicit about his desire to play for Boca tho. Nevertheless the vid you posted offer a new angle to this legend.

Maradona is a known contradictory lier, tbh. Look no further than the whole recent incident with Messi. His contradictions are well do ented on Argie TV programmes, tbh.

Either way, I never had a problem with Maradona and there are lots of River Plate fans that love him, tbh.

Thinking Messi is better than Maradona doesn't mean that you hate Maradona, tbh. It is a very plausible argument that could be made with lots of facts to back it up, tbh. The individual records, stats and accolades are there for anyone to see. Then you can have all the counter-arguments you want, like Messi playing for a stacked team, not ringing with Argentina, etc.

I'm not saying any side is wrong (like I said many times, I didn't have the chance to see Maradona on his prime outside of tapes so I won't get on that debate. Although the tapes and stats do help me make an educated guess), I'm just saying that is idiotic to think there's not even an argument to be had, or that the only way to say Messi is better is because you have a bias against Maradona.

Under that same reasoning I can start saying that anyone that doesn't think Messi is the GOAT is because they have a bias against him, tbh.
    Last edited by DAF86; 06-30-2016 at 08:22 AM.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    We would be biased if Maradona actually did something relevant while playing for Boca

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Maradona is a known contradictory lier, tbh. Look no further than the whole recent incident with Messi. His contradictions are well do ented on Argie TV programmes, tbh.
    I don't disagree with that

Either way, I never had a problem with Maradona and there are lots of River Plate fans that love him, tbh.

Thinking Messi is better than Maradona doesn't mean that you hate Maradona, tbh. It is a very plausible argument that could be made with lots of facts to back it up, tbh. The individual records, stats and accolades are there for anyone to see. Then you can have all the counter-arguments you want, like Messi playing for a stacked team, not ringing with Argentina, etc.

I'm not saying any side is wrong (like I said many times, I didn't have the chance to see Maradona on his prime outside of tapes so I won't get on that debate. Although the tapes and stats do help me make an educated guess), I'm just saying that is idiotic to think there's not even an argument to be had, or that the only way to say Messi is better is because you have a bias against Maradona.
    fair enough

Under that same reasoning I can start saying that anyone that doesn't think Messi is the GOAT is because they have a bias against him, tbh.
    I don't think here it is a fair statement. There are reasons to believe River fans hate Diego... at the time there were songs like "Maradona son of a , the who gave birth to you..." Now obviously it was a long time ago but old school river fans probably continue to have an issue with him and culture of River fans must have been influenced by that.

Now unless you are a Madrid fan, why anyone would have a so deep bias against Messi especially in Argentina ? He never played in Argentina. Everybody is biased but that some small . I, for one, recognize a small one tbh but man it's not like Messi played for Marseille or Paris Saint Germain and ed Bordeaux over and over. I have nothing against him, he is playin in Spain, he is not crushing any Bordeaux Champions League dreams (because there ain't any) and he did not eliminate France of any international compe ion...

I'm just an older dude that saw them both play, there is some nostalgia out there (Platini over Zidane, Diego over Messi...) of course but also some good reasons to believe he is nowhere close to Pele or Diego as you mentionned: failing with Argentina, stacked teams etc etc.... It's all a matter of perspective from what you value the most in my case: WC above anything else, NT above clubs...

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    We would be biased if Maradona actually did something relevant while playing for Boca
    well he did... he won a le with Boca and won a "classico" 3/0

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    well he did... he won a le with Boca and won a "classico" 3/0
    wow, one le (which River also won during Maradona's first spell) and one clasico (which River also won a few at the same time).

Wait, I remember he did something relevant. He broke the Argie league record of most consecutive penalties missed.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    wow, one le (which River also won during Maradona's first spell) and one clasico (which River also won a few at the same time).

Wait, I remember he did something relevant. He broke the Argie league record of most consecutive penalties missed.
    oh ok so you are saying he actually won something relevant with Boca, thanks for the confirmation

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    oh ok so you are saying he actually won something relevant with Boca, thanks for the confirmation
    My memory is a little vague tbh

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    read the whole stuff. I had already explained 1. I could not watch the vid and 2. I was talking about second contract with Boca, vid was at the time of the first... not sure what is hard to understand
    The thing about adona is that he changes his mind according to his needs, he talked bad about our ex-president Menem, so Menem punished him knowing he was a coke addict and a bi so got caught sleeping naked with a dude here in Palermo and there was coke in the apartment, after that incident he begun to say Menem was the greatest thing ever.

He never gave two s about politics but after USA rejected him because of the doping he became a Cuban advocate talking about USA, but no problem to send his daughters to see the Backstreet Boys shows in Miami and now that Cuba is kissing USA´s ass he wanted to go to USA but they said YOU JABBA.

After all the issues we had with England he never talked about them, why? because they called him from England to speak in some colleges and like that, that piece of goes where he can get something.

Back to 2006 he was supporting Riquelme as a hardcore fan because he was playing for our NT, after that Boca historic poll started to talk about Riquelme.

2010 WC he had Messi as a player so Mechi was the best thing ever, now since he was a menace to his ty career is a soulless piece of .

Too much wrong going with that midget, utter person.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    ^ dat salt is not good for your heart tbh...

My Team
    AFC Ajax
    Post Count

The difference b/w Messi & Maradona is that one is a big game player while the other one is a frontrunner. It would be like the difference between Curry & Isiah Thomas.

Thread Information