Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While this Firestick is being set up and is set up, can I continue to run Cox TV simultaneously since I'm locked into their contract until Aug 1?
    Yes man, what you do on your own Fire TV Stick is your business. This has nothing to do with your cable service aside from them providing you Internet, assuming you have Cox Internet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your first step is to download "apps 2 fire" from the Android market.. You will use that to send the Kodi install file to your Fire TV Stick over your home Wi-FI network.

Once you have installed apps2fire, go to Kodi.tv and download the correct installation. You want Android of course, but make sure you select the 32 Bit version and not the one that says "nightly"..

Respond back when done
    Box purchased and loaded.

1. DL'd "Amazon fireTV".
    apps2fire showed up as older version.
    Which one should I use going fwd?

2. On the Kodi setting for install I did not see a choice for "32 bit" vs "nightly".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1.Older version is the one you need

2. Check again. Once you click on Android under the download section of Kodi.tv, you will see the different install options. You must make sure you're downloading the 32 bit version.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember, you should be accessing Kodi.tv from your phone as you want to download the installation file (called an apk file) to your phone. When you select download, the website says "choose your weapon" and allows you to select from Windows, Android, Linux, etc.. Once you click Android, you will see two sections: Release or Nightly. You want the 32 Bit version in the Release section.

Once you have that file it's super simple to use apps 2 fire to install aka "side load" that apk file you downloaded to your phone to the Fire TV stick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1.Buy a stock one for 40 bucks..

2, Your first step is to download "apps 2 fire" from the Android market.. You will use that to send the Kodi install file to your Fire TV Stick over your home Wi-FI network.

Once you have installed apps2fire,

3 go to Kodi.tv and download the correct installation. You want Android of course, but make sure you select the 32 Bit version and not the one that says "nightly"..

Respond back when done
    It says

Release
    ARMV7A 32 bit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing to keep in mind.. There are currently two different types of pirated TV boxes.. Internet based, and ones that use your coaxial wire directly.. I don't know about the latter, but according to dude I talked to about it he says Kodi sucks in comparison. If he was talking about for live TV, then yeah I believe him because live TV streams on Kodi are generally ty and unreliable in the majority of cases, regardless of bandwidth and configuration.
    I don't know if I'm using my coaxial wire directly or if this is internet based.
    Is there an easy way to tell?

I got a
    fireTVstick by Amazon

Neighbor did some ish to the new out-of-box fireTVstick to make it workable then when I went home he had me dL "amazon fire tv" which is a different DL then "apps2fire". Am I phucking things up by now additionally dL'd both of them?
    A lot of stuff came up on the screen, including KODI which he already must have installed. But it seems like when I click around it's always Amazon asking me if I want a "free 7 day trial" and a bunch of trailer . So I finally figured how to go into the KODI part just like I did with the OMG piece. But the choices seem slim. Plus I just tried to play Cars 3 for the young uns and it's yet another trailer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actual Fabbs footage.
    Not an actors portrayal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It says

Release
    ARMV7A 32 bit
    forget about the install, you took too long. See my R.I.P Kodi thread for more details

Thread Information