Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sure? SASdynasty says otherwise:
    I understand not wanting him for the shots he takes sometimes and how the ball can stick to him. Westbrook would be a massive upgrade from Parker, if from energy alone on the court. Westbrook is relentless with a high motor, you never really know how Parker is going to play. It would be high risk high reward. IMO after Durrant signed with the dubs you gotta experiment with something if you have any shot to beat them in the playoffs. If there is any sort of possibility with the Spurs being able to trade for him they would be fools not to take a deal outside of trading Khawi/Gasol/Aldridge. Parker/Green or Parker/Boris is a no brainer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well...anyone but Parker. I'd start Kyle if this is all we end up with. Better passer, better rebounder, better defensively. Parker only scores 1 in 5 games these days...so we'll miss scoring in 20% of our games. So, you'd get less scoring potential...in 1 of 5 games. Everything else is a plus. "IF" that is our only choices... I don't like CP3, but I'd take him in a heartbeat right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is everyone so confident he wants to go to LA so bad? Only because he grew up there? Hes not going to Clippers with Paul there, and why would he want to be on the current Laker team? At this point Westbrook probably wants to go to a team who can compete against the Dubs, and that is a very short list the way most rosters on constructed right now.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook would be a one year rental. No way he would re-up with the Spurs. You need to get Westbrook to the Clips and Paul here in some legitimate 3-way trade.
    There is absolutely no legit pieces we could trade that would net any of those players.

Hook 'em
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll be traded to Boston this summer. Ainge has more assets than anyone and they are hungry to build a winner. Maybe he does wind up in LA in 2017 but look for Boston to try and make a big splash here...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't necessarily advocating for Westbrook. I was wondering what others thought the price tag would be.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Getting Westbrook or CP3 is the only way to make up for the ball handling limitations of Green and LMA. He'll be able to get easy baskets for those two which is important because we can't live with LMA post-ups.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which begs the question would you (if you were an NBA front office) take a gamble on trading for Westbrook if he wouldn't agree to sign an extension in advance? In effect, he might be a 1 year rental?

I wonder how many would give up picks and good players to take that risk. Would Pop and RC (assuming in this hypothetical that the Spurs had the assets)?

OKC may be forced to trade Westbrook for relatively little (if the receiving team is confident only in a 1 year rental) or to a place of his desired destination, which appears to be LAC or LAL (and thus also limits your bargaining power unless you get them in a bidding war.)

In short, OKC is screwed.
    A smart man cuts his loses.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't necessarily advocating for Westbrook. I was wondering what others thought the price tag would be.
    Just throwing some fire at your SASdynasty = Parker sleuthing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook is gonna go ing nuts and average 50ppg this season.

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thanks. I'd rather have Adams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook isn't who we need.

I think he'd be a good fit if Duncan stays, but we need another bench big for now.
    You need to get over Duncan, he is not a real piece any more...

Gasol is a massive upgrade over 2016 Duncan...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to see Westbrook and Kawhi together on the court..
    Well, they spent some fun time together yesterday...Building chemistry for next seasons?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean...this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook is gonna go ing nuts and average 50ppg this season.
    I think I have the first-overall pick of my fantasy league. Totally going for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurstalk...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it's not looking good for OKC. Westbrook almost definiely told KD he plans to bounce after this season. OKC has to trade him soon or before the trade deadline or their screwed because they will just be waiting for the same thing that happend this summer, "the decision" and then they will be loosing Westbrook for absolutely NOTHING. Also OKC is a small market they practically drafted all their talent so I don't see them getting any star in FA in the near future especially if RW leaves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From having a core of Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka to losing all of them in the span of a couple of years with nothing but one finals appearance. Spurs fan should appreciate what we've had.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They wouldn't agree to a trade with anything less than Kawhi or Aldridge imo
    That's not necessarily true. If he doesn't sign extension, and they have a and year, he is gone for nothing. At this point, having to rebuild, draft picks and short term contracts are nice so you increase your own chance of tanking for a good pick and have cap flexibility to replace him. Which is a heck of a lot better than nothing. Any team getting him is going to want assurance he will resign, so he can decide where he gets traded too unless the team wants to gamble without knowing they can retain him, which I doubt anyone would give up good assets for.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's going to LA. Either team.
    Lakers or Knicks. He may factor in who isn't the biggest train wreck. Other than that, he won't sacrifice glamour for team. That is not his game; never has been. There's no way in he'll come to the Spurs. I'd be surprised if there's even a meeting.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Thunder ever retire KD's jersey? If they still have a team by the time he retires that is.
    They probably will; a sad commentary on the erosion of sports culture, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll throw down $2000 vBookie cash that says we get him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not necessarily true. If he doesn't sign extension, and they have a and year, he is gone for nothing. At this point, having to rebuild, draft picks and short term contracts are nice so you increase your own chance of tanking for a good pick and have cap flexibility to replace him. Which is a heck of a lot better than nothing. Any team getting him is going to want assurance he will resign, so he can decide where he gets traded too unless the team wants to gamble without knowing they can retain him, which I doubt anyone would give up good assets for.
    I still see a team like the Lakers, Boston, Knicks, Suns, and Miami as places with much better assets they could obtain for Westbrook IF he agrees to re-sign with them. I just don't see Westbrook demanding to be traded to the Spurs knowing how Pop is as well as his personality. I would love to have him on the Spurs, but just don't see anyway that could/would happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From having a core of Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka to losing all of them in the span of a couple of years with nothing but one finals appearance. Spurs fan should appreciate what we've had.
    And who was their coach until last season? Sticking with Brooks was the bane of an otherwise stellar front office job.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    At this point if your Presti just trade Westbrook to the Spurs to piss Durant off. Your going to be rebuilding anyway.

Thread Information