Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really hope he comes off the bench next season and only plays around 27mpg and around 72 games (with 10 games off due to rest) next season to help keep him fresh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really wish Manu, Parker and Gasol would have just taken this summer off. Old tired legs gonna be ruin us in April/May.
    More myths

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really hope he comes off the bench next season and only plays around 27mpg and around 72 games (with 10 games off due to rest) next season to help keep him fresh.
    Don't even think he plays that many. More like 65 or so..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like he never played for the grizzlies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No love for Marc

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point. I can see why the Lakers and Bulls would be popular in Spain, but the Spurs?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Good point. I can see why the Lakers and Bulls would be popular in Spain, but the Spurs?
    Dude, Spurs are a globally known NBA team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are very popular in Spain, relatively speaking. I got props several times wearing t-shirts in Madrid and Santander.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen Spurs jerseys in Latvia, Ukraine and Belarus.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I stand corrected then. Thanks for the info.

Still, Pau's career accomplishments with the Grizzlies are greater than his with the Bulls. Do the Bulls still carry that international cachet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm watching Spain vs Croatia right now..... I'm loving the way moves, his vision, an shot selection. We may miss Tim's leadership, but I'm thinking we'll be alright with everything else. I like this signing..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA Sunday: The Pau Gasol Gamble

In the most Tim Duncan way possible, the greatest power forward of all-time left the game the same exact way he survived within in. Unassuming, unpretentious, meekly and quietly, Tim Duncan’s announcement was delivered via email (just like I had predicted). There would be no season-long retirement tour, no gifts from past compe ors and no public softening of the compe ive spirit and fire that had many believing that the Spurs would somehow find a way to win the 2016 NBA Finals.

With Duncan stepping out of the picture, all eyes in San Antonio immediately turn to the man who has been employed as his replacement—Pau Gasol.

With Gregg Popovich, LaMarcus Aldridge and Kawhi Leonard pushing forward as the franchise’s key figures, what will become of the mighty legacy of the Spurs?

continue reading: http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...-gasol-gamble/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol can still play!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best frontline in the NBA!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best frontline in the NBA!
    yeah and without all the hype! If TP, Green, Manu, and Patty can hold the backcourt we will be hard to reckon with!

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    mid still quoting glenn greenwald

he used this quote:
    Worse, even in its early stages, Harris casually dismissed the US attack on Iraq as a "red herring"; that war, he said, was simply one in which "civilized human beings [westerners] are now attempting, at considerable cost to themselves, to improve life for the Iraqi people."
    and then said:
    Harris's reasoning here was so sound, he didn't see how the power vacuum that would be created by Saddam's removal give rise to even more militant and dangerous radical Islamic groups (ISIS).

He's a hack.
    harris' quote:
    The war in Iraq, while it may be exacerbating the conflict between Islam and the West, is a red herring. However mixed or misguided American intentions were in launching this war, civilized human beings are now attempting, at considerable cost to themselves, to improve life for the Iraqi people. The terrible truth about our predicament in Iraq is that even if we had invaded with no other purpose than to remove Saddam Hussein from power and make Iraq a paradise on earth, we could still expect tomorrow’s paper to reveal that another jihadi has blown himself up for the sake of killing scores of innocent men, women, and children.

he didn't see how the power vacuum that would be created by Saddam's removal give rise to even more militant and dangerous radical Islamic groups (ISIS).

He's a hack
    harris:
    The terrible truth about our predicament in Iraq is that even if we had invaded with no other purpose than to remove Saddam Hussein from power and make Iraq a paradise on earth, we could still expect tomorrow’s paper to reveal that another jihadi has blown himself up for the sake of killing scores of innocent men, women, and children.

he didn't see how the power vacuum that would be created by Saddam's removal give rise to even more militant and dangerous radical Islamic groups (ISIS).

He's a hack.
    harris:
    The terrible truth about our predicament in Iraq is that even if we had invaded with no other purpose than to remove Saddam Hussein from power and make Iraq a paradise on earth, we could still expect tomorrow’s paper to reveal that another jihadi has blown himself up for the sake of killing scores of innocent men, women, and children.

He's a hack.
    harris:

damn mid, you face planted hard as . try reading the original source instead of just what's reported. thought you were smarter than that tbh. my bad, you continue to lower my expectations of you.

quoting grenn greenwald
    mid not reading the next sentence of a quote
    today's mid
    mid before today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau was great against the Boomers. He'll be a fine Spur.

Pity the useless refs decided to hand the game to Spain though. Atrocious officiating in the bronze medal game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. Dude's Grizzlies' all time leading scorer but the franchise isn't worth mentioning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Historic franchises only

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We tried to get Marc last year (though he quickly killed that by re-sigining with Memphis). Even though Pau is significantly older, I think we got the better Gasol brother.

Marc is generally overrated, Pau underrated. (He should really have had one finals MVP for example)
    Last edited by BillMc; 08-22-2016 at 12:57 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mid still quoting glenn greenwald

he used this quote:

and then said:

harris' quote:

harris:

harris:

harris:

damn mid, you face planted hard as . try reading the original source instead of just what's reported. thought you were smarter than that tbh. my bad, you continue to lower my expectations of you.

quoting grenn greenwald
    mid not reading the next sentence of a quote
    today's mid
    mid before today
    So Harris is just handwaving away the consequences?

Yeah. Hack.

I never thought you were smart, so my expectations aren't lowered of you, which is why I'm not surprised you follow hacks like Harris.

And bumping this after a month. He must really be an inspiration to you to semen shield like this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau was great against the Boomers. He'll be a fine Spur.

Pity the useless refs decided to hand the game to Spain though. Atrocious officiating in the bronze medal game.
    Sorry, mate. You guys got robbed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, mate. You guys got robbed.
    Totally in robbed. It was bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lets all move on.......

Thread Information