Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I just finished the first season of The Americans and am a couple of episodes into the second season. But I feel like I'm forcing myself to keep watching. It's just not that great.

I'm hoping someone will tell me Homeland is way better so I can jump ship and watch something more compelling.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I just finished the first season of The Americans and am a couple of episodes into the second season. But I feel like I'm forcing myself to keep watching. It's just not that great.

I'm hoping someone will tell me Homeland is way better so I can jump ship and watch something more compelling.
    I liked the first two seaons of Homeland but couldn't finish the third.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    not a ringing endorsement. Maybe I'll check out the first season. But I hate starting something knowing that it's going to drop off.

You should check out The Hunted on Amazon Prime. Good spy drama. One season only.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    i'll do that, thanks.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Abu Nazir's wife working with the Iranians in Season 3 was a little hard to swallow. But Season 5 was really good.

Flyer than I have to be oh crap's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Never seen Homeland, but I liked The Americans. Only seen the first two seasons though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Show Me a Hero was pretty good tbh, only 6 episodes though. Looking forward to The Night Of which starts this sunday.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors

how weird, i bumped the homeland thread the other day so i can talk about the americans.

i've seen all of homeland... just finished the first season of the americans and one episode of the second season. i actually love the show.

i do think homeland is better.

but if you don't like the americans than maybe you won't like homeland either tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    how weird, i bumped the homeland thread the other day so i can talk about the americans.

i've seen all of homeland... just finished the first season of the americans and one episode of the second season. i actually love the show.

but if you don't like the americans than maybe you won't like homeland either tbh.
    I don't really dislike it either. It just seems it's a little repe ive in that anytime they need info, they just sleep with someone. There were a lot of great reviews for it so I was expecting something better.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I've stayed away from any Homeland threads to avoid spoilers.

I don't really dislike (The Americans) either. It just seems it's a little repe ive in that anytime they need info, they just sleep with someone. There were a lot of great reviews for it so I was expecting something better.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Homeland reached its peak first few episodes, but it's still a good show tbh..

Backup Goddess, tbh. Gummi Clutch's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    only saw first 2 seasons, I'm sure it got stupid then.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Americans is one of the best shows on air right now.

Homeland is on its last legs. They're just making stuff up at this point that dont make sense.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Americans is one of the best shows on air right now.

Homeland is on its last legs. They're just making stuff up at this point that dont make sense.
    Does the Americans get better as it goes on? I thought the first season was OK but it seemed like 75% of the plot was just the spies sleeping with someone that would provide information.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Does the Americans get better as it goes on? I thought the first season was OK but it seemed like 75% of the plot was just the spies sleeping with someone that would provide information.
    It did for me.

The majority of opinion of this show is all positive. Season 2 and 3 recieved critical acclaim with 100% aproval ratings on rotten tomatoes and 90+ in metacritic.

These kind of shows are slow to get going but once it does is on rails.

I actually haven't started watching season 4 yet. I am rewatching it from season 1 again.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Homeland has an incredible first season. A strong second season, and bad third season, and inconsistent fourth season. I didn't watch the fifth.

If you let the story end after season 2, you'll enjoy the viewing a lot more.

I liked the premise of The Americans, but found it hard to keep up interest. So much big picture set up. It's a good show, overall, and might actually be stronger than Homeland as a whole series. But Homeland season 1 was almost perfect.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    finished season 3 of the americans earlier today.

i assumed homeland was the better series even before i watched either. i was right. the stakes in homeland seem higher.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    How the is there not a thread dedicated to The Americans? This is EASILY the best show on TV.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Homeland has an incredible first season. A strong second season, and bad third season, and inconsistent fourth season. I didn't watch the fifth.

If you let the story end after season 2, you'll enjoy the viewing a lot more.

I liked the premise of The Americans, but found it hard to keep up interest. So much big picture set up. It's a good show, overall, and might actually be stronger than Homeland as a whole series. But Homeland season 1 was almost perfect.
    I feel the same way about the Americans, tbh..

I watched a season and a half, found it entertaining and enjoyable, but I just never continued it for whatever reason..I don't even know why, it just didn't get me hooked..

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    I feel the same way about the Americans, tbh..

I watched a season and a half, found it entertaining and enjoyable, but I just never continued it for whatever reason..I don't even know why, it just didn't get me hooked..
    I haven't returned to The Americans in two seasons.

Ultimately, espionage needs to conclude. Tension needs timeliness.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I powered through all 4 seasons of The Americans pretty quickly. Agree with Mono it's probably the best thing on TV.

That said, it does have a similar irritating-teenage-daughter problem that Homeland used to have.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    This season of Homeland is great.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    This season of Homeland is great.
    good to hear. i stopped watching after the first episode.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    caught up with this season. homeland's season was better. not surprising.

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    homeland is bad ass.... this season was amazing...fo

Thread Information