Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    I understand what you say but I would like to see a video of dudes beating the out of Deadgo like it happened in that Misty Thirsty 10 Tackles video.
    This is what Maradona's ankle looked like after the FIRST game in Italy '90. He kept on playing.

It wasn't just Diego getting beat the out. Enzo had the same problem and pretty much any talented player. The rules were just different.

That's why it's very rare to see man-to-man marking anymore, which was popular back then. You can't stick one guy to Messi to follow him around and kick him every time he touches the ball, he won't last 30 mins.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Diego won trophies with Boca and Barça, but the most remarkable was winning it all with Argentina in '86 (he played well in the final, serving the assist for Burruchaga to win the game), then reaching the finals with an very average team in '90 and winning scudettos with Napoli. Those teams were never supposed to go that far.

The Spanish NT that championed in three consecutive tournies from 2008 Euro - 2010 Mundial - 2012 Euro is widely considered the best ever. It was based on Barcelona's players and tiki-taka style of play. At the same time Messi couldn't win trophies with Argentina. While I wouldn't call second place a failure, the best should have made the difference in 4 finals or while playing CA at home.
    You aren't making any counterargument.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    He was too past his prime, wasn't in conditions to play at that level. He wasn't the same after the first suspension in '91 and that was much later.
    Poor Deadgo, too much coke?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    This is what Maradona's ankle looked like after the FIRST game in Italy '90. He kept on playing.

It wasn't just Diego getting beat the out. Enzo had the same problem and pretty much any talented player. The rules were just different.

That's why it's very rare to see man-to-man marking anymore, which was popular back then. You can't stick one guy to Messi to follow him around and kick him every time he touches the ball, he won't last 30 mins.
    Its just one injury, Misty got kicked in the stomach and got no call in Chile, one guy stepped on his hand and no call, the numbers dont lie in stats Misty is the best player by far, then everything is blown out of proportion because WC ´86 happened but he didnt make squat in the finals, just like Penaldo did nothing a couple minutes ago.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    You must be joking, automatic yellows and reds on hard fouling star players were introduced for the Italy '90 WC. Maradona got hit far worse than Messi, after hard fouls he would just stand up and continue running like it's nothing and some of the goals he made were just after being kicked in the head.
    What has whistles have to do with it? he is still being kicked the out of his soul, and there was no calls back then? ok if so why Droga who now talks like he was tough wasnt doing the same against his aggressors?

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Nothing we haven't seen before, there's plenty of messi highlights like those
    show me an highlight with Messi doing the equivalent of 0:50 - 0:55

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    My nigglet hasn't lost his edge despite the St-Denis cucking

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    My nigglet hasn't lost his edge despite the St-Denis cucking
    I'm all good and fine tbh

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I'm all good and fine tbh
    I would be devastated tbh

Who am I kidding, It's not like I have high expectations for Algeria

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    I would be devastated tbh

Who am I kidding, It's not like I have high expectations for Algeria
    Tough loss but devastated if we had lost not playing to win... that was not the case. This generation is young, one WC quarter final one Euro final... they will be a major client next world cup.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Tough loss but devastated if we had lost not playing to win... that was not the case. This generation is young, one WC quarter final one Euro final... they will be a major client next world cup.
    but they won't win it tbh

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    but they won't win it tbh
    that would be odd to announce that 2 years in advance and a pretty bold statement... this is why I said France will be a major client.

I'm not in the "false bravado" business like my nigg DAF but behind Germany I see nobody more favorite than France for this WC that will be played in Europe.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    that would be odd to announce that 2 years in advance and a pretty bold statement... this is why I said France will be a major client.

I'm not in the "false bravado" business like my nigg DAF but behind Germany I see nobody more favorite than France for this WC that will be played in Europe.
    Brazil Brazil Brazil

This nig will make sure Mother Russia wins :

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    ^ no there is no chance mother russia win

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    ^ no there is no chance mother russia win
    My nig Putin is a psychopath, so you never know tbh

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

Dude, pick a line. I'm into the "false bravado" bussiness or the "preventive excuse making" bussiness? It can't be both, tbh.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Dude, pick a line. I'm into the "false bravado" bussiness or the "preventive excuse making" bussiness? It can't be both, tbh.
    both are not exclusive

you are being in the false bravado business 2 years before the compe ion plenty of time to build up excuses tbh

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    both are not exclusive
    Yes, it is son. C'mon now.

You either talk a big game and act like nobody can beat you, or you are in constant tension knowing that anything can happen on any given game. You can't do both, unless you are a schizo freak, tbh.

Speaking of which ... didn't I tell you these tournament formats are a and many times luck plays a major role?

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    getting past multiple opponents? Messi has done that plenty of times

next! No but seriously the only thing Maradona might have over Messi is showboating imo

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Yes, it is son. C'mon now.

You either talk a big game and act like nobody can beat you, or you are in constant tension knowing that anything can happen on any given game. You can't do both, unless you are a schizo freak, tbh.

Speaking of which ... didn't I tell you these tournament formats are a and many times luck plays a major role?
    I agree son, never said the contrary: our conversation was in the context of 4 finals lost.

on this final I do think France did everything right except being clutch... you cannot question the envy, the tactics, the players, I read that France thought they had this game won before starting the game and this is totally bull , France did respect their opponent... there are some disappointments here and there (pogba being one) and pleasant surprises too like Sissoko (dude is a monster).

At the end I'm just happy we are finally over the 2010 WC that was a shame for the country and the , blackmailing.... scandals. We are talking about football and the potential of this generation. France is back to be a powerhouse and it feels good.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    getting past multiple opponents? Messi has done that plenty of times

next! No but seriously the only thing Maradona might have over Messi is showboating imo
    show me the equivalent of 0:50-0:55 open your mouth after

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    show me the equivalent of 0:50-0:55 open your mouth after
    you look for it I'm pretty sure I've seen a few plays like that on all the countless Messi highlights tbh

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    you look for it I'm pretty sure I've seen a few plays like that on all the countless Messi highlights tbh
    its ok bro

your capitulation is duly noted

let us proceed

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    its ok bro

your capitulation is duly noted

let us proceed
    you sure did tell me!

My Team