Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Chile were a tougher team than France, tbh. For that matter, USA were tougher than Wales; and Argentina carved them up.
    This....

Also, Portugal won the game without Ronaldo playing and yet he gets credited with the win? On French soil, no less...

Argentina's forwards miss point blank shots on goal and yet Messi gets blamed for their defeat? (PKs aside, the last two finals matches vs. Chile should have ended in regular time if Higuain scores the bunnies).

Haters gonna be haters... I wanted Portugal to win.

Both Messi and Ronaldo are great players... only small minds want to diminish their talent.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    What a legend

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    This....

Also, Portugal won the game without Ronaldo playing and yet he gets credited with the win? On French soil, no less...

Argentina's forwards miss point blank shots on goal and yet Messi gets blamed for their defeat? (PKs aside, the last two finals matches vs. Chile should have ended in regular time if Higuain scores the bunnies).

Haters gonna be haters... I wanted Portugal to win.

Both Messi and Ronaldo are great players... only small minds want to diminish their talent.
    Finally a Mexican brother that doesn't hate Messi

You have to understand that people constantly hate on Messi because he has won so much with Barcelona that they put so much emphasis on his losses because that's just how humans roll, always the need to find the faults imo.

In my opinion Cristiano is severely overrated now, I'm not gonna say he isn't a top goal scorer in the world because his number speak for themselves, but when people pair him next to Messi nowadays I feel like its a total disrespect to Messi as a player and what he does on the pitch, and what you said about people giving Cristiano all the credit for Portugal winning is a perfect example why he's overrated now.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Finally a Mexican brother that doesn't hate Messi

You have to understand that people constantly hate on Messi because he has won so much with Barcelona that they put so much emphasis on his losses because that's just how humans roll, always the need to find the faults imo.

In my opinion Cristiano is severely overrated now, I'm not gonna say he isn't a top goal scorer in the world because his number speak for themselves, but when people pair him next to Messi nowadays I feel like its a total disrespect to Messi as a player and what he does on the pitch, and what you said about people giving Cristiano all the credit for Portugal winning is a perfect example why he's overrated now.
    I've been a fan of Messi just from observing the pure grace of his abilities... yeah, he got Rafael Marquez kicked off of the Barcelona squad but tbh, knowing Marquez's hot-headed, impulsive demeanor he probably deserved it.

IMHO, on footballing ability/IQ alone, Messi is up there with Maradona and Pelé in a tier of their own.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    IMHO, on footballing ability/IQ alone, Messi is up there with Maradona and Pelé in a tier of their own.
    Nah

Messi is playing in a ref protected era

Pele and DieGOAT took serious physical abuse, got Messi would have puked every 5 minutes

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Alphas recognize Alphas

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    I've been a fan of Messi just from observing the pure grace of his abilities... yeah, he got Rafael Marquez kicked off of the Barcelona squad but tbh, knowing Marquez's hot-headed, impulsive demeanor he probably deserved it.

I mean he was cool with Jona and Gio from I've read.

All I know is that when you watch Messi perform you witness something else other than Football, if you think about it Football is pretty bland and everyone kinda follows its rules, not Messi though, only players who can somewhat match that is Neymar sometimes.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I've been a fan of Messi just from observing the pure grace of his abilities... yeah, he got Rafael Marquez kicked off of the Barcelona squad but tbh, knowing Marquez's hot-headed, impulsive demeanor he probably deserved it
    How's that?

Nah

Messi is playing in a ref protected era

Pele and DieGOAT took serious physical abuse, got Messi would have puked every 5 minutes
    Yawn

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Rumor has it (Marquez's version of the story) that Messi was making fun of Marquez for having defeated México at the 2010 World Cup. During an intra-team scrimmage, Marquez tackled Messi, Messi took offense, a scuffle ensued... a few days later (July 31, 2010) Marquez was released from his contract - two years shy of its full term (2012).

TBH, it's never wise to bite the hand that feeds you... a good ribbing, here and there, is part of the locker-room culture. Marquez should've known better, ignored Messi's comments and not let his emotions get the better of him...

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Rumor has it (Marquez's version of the story) that Messi was making fun of Marquez for having defeated México at the 2010 World Cup. During an intra-team scrimmage, Marquez tackled Messi, Messi took offense, a scuffle ensued... a few days later (July 31, 2010) Marquez was released from his contract - two years shy of its full term (2012).

TBH, it's never wise to bite the hand that feeds you... a good ribbing, here and there, is part of the locker-room culture. Marquez should've known better, ignored Messi's comments and not let his emotions get the better of him...
    Wow, I've never heard of that. IIRC he saluted Messi for his birthday last month and before that he said something like "we don't want to face Messi" during the past Copa America.

The scuffle I remember was in 2008 when Messi wasn't allowed to play the Olympics and he was frustrated/angry towards Guardiola and Barca.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Wow, I've never heard of that. IIRC he saluted Messi for his birthday last month and before that he said something like "we don't want to face Messi" during the past Copa America.

The scuffle I remember was in 2008 when Messi wasn't allowed to play the Olympics and he was frustrated/angry towards Guardiola and Barca.

I think the event I mentioned was simply the proverbial tipping point. Marquez's Barça career was injury plagued. At the point that Pique took over his role Marquez still had some football to offer but he couldn't stay healthy enough to produce. Barça just made the obvious business decision. I don't fault them - even when Marquez upon returning to health demonstrated to have sufficient quality to still contribute on the pitch.

And yes, I realize that Messi and Marquez are on good terms. It's just like typical family dynamics... brothers fight all the time, but still love each other at the end of the day...

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    Missi.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

Did Marquez literally say that?

My Team
    AFC Ajax
    Post Count
    What else were you going to say after Chili butt- ed a bunch of Messicans on the boarder.

Thread Information