Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How in the did we end up with a guard crew of Mills/Parker/Murray/White/Forbes? I mean what the man... First of all Mills is a quick shooter but could never run the offense or guard the elite pgs. Parker has been dead for about 3 years now? Dude has more 2 point games than anyone in the history of the NBA? Why is that award going unrecognized? Murray is really fun to watch but he is a mess. He can't shoot, he is awkward as and runs around like he is playing street ball. Who the is white? Waive him, please... I love my boy Forbes though, damn he can straight up score from anywhere but he can't handle the rock either....

What is Pop and RC drinking? This has to be the most ed up 5 guards in the entire NBA. Over 30 million dollars a year spent on this group. The Spurs ownership has no balls.

1 and done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah we've been over this. re-signing mills never made sense because they were already grooming forbes for essentially the same role. and then they drafted white.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All them guards, but only two centers! What a conundrum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White > Murray and Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White > Murray and Forbes
    Doesn't matter. He rides the bench for 2 more years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We dont have wings or bigmen btw

Sure Lamarsha is a legit good big but thats it

Gasoft is an old dinosaur and do we even have any other big? No

And wings? We have an old dirtty guatemala bas that can barely hreathe and thats about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some are way too young and new to be lumped with others in that crew...
    Tony's body is falling apart and Pop knew it.
    Mills stands out as an overpaid hamburger?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Define shady

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PG by committee is a no-go. Was PATFO thinking that they could subs ute quan y for quality? They have to figure out a way to de-clutter the menagerie and find a quality, starting PG with strong leadership capability. Likely need to make a deal to ship out a favorite son, a la George Hill, to get it done.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess Danny Green isn't a guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PG by committee is a no-go. Was PATFO thinking that they could subs ute quan y for quality? They have to figure out a way to de-clutter the menagerie and find a quality, starting PG with strong leadership capability. Likely need to make a deal to ship out a favorite son, a la George Hill, to get it done.
    Hill had value. The only ones with value left are Kawhi and LMA. Murray doesn't even have value anymore now that he's gotten minutes and not claimed the starting job (or even the backup job)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs thought they had scoring pgs in murray and mills. Murray too stupid. And mills lacks talent to run pnr. Typical nba sacrificing talent for threes and dunks

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember before they moved my (formerly) beloved Rams out of St. Louis, they made a ton of questionable moves. They never appeared to be attempting to improve. I'm not saying this is the same, but haven't some of you old school guys been paranoid about the Spurs leaving San Antonio before? I'm sure TD and all the championships have solidified them in San Antonio but it is eerily similar. The Rams had a ton of head scratching transactions, stuck with a failing coach way longer than they should have (this is not saying Pop should be canned), made horrible draft picks while passing up superior talent... the relocation speculation is dead, right????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are 3rd in the West with all the injuries, one of them b2b DPOY and MVP finalist. 20 yrs straight in the playoffs. Oh oh in the small market. Bunch of spoiled fans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It actually makes plenty of sense. You are a year away from maybe losong both of Manu and Danny, and then a short period after that from Tony being done. Need to start the pipeline. You’re not just replacing stars, but also rotation players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who do you think has value to ship out?
    If the trade is for a veteran... Tony's expiring contract has to have value to somebody... that is the favorite son I think you mean right?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember before they moved my (formerly) beloved Rams out of St. Louis, they made a ton of questionable moves. They never appeared to be attempting to improve. I'm not saying this is the same, but haven't some of you old school guys been paranoid about the Spurs leaving San Antonio before? I'm sure TD and all the championships have solidified them in San Antonio but it is eerily similar. The Rams had a ton of head scratching transactions, stuck with a failing coach way longer than they should have (this is not saying Pop should be canned), made horrible draft picks while passing up superior talent... the relocation speculation is dead, right????
    Thankfully there isn't a good market for them to move to unless San Diego would give them a state of the art arena. It could happen in 2025 when the non-relocation agreement with the county is up, but San Antonio is a one sport city with a rapidly growing population, and there is no LA market sitting empty to steal the team away. So I don't see the dire situation Saint Louis was in here. As long as the city and/or county is willing to cut the Spurs another corporate welfare check in 7 years I think they'll still be here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who do you think has value to ship out?
    If the trade is for a veteran... Tony's expiring contract has to have value to somebody... that is the favorite son I think you mean right?
    Tony, yes. And I believe Danny still has value. Many fans would consider him a favorite son.

His value obviously is an order of magnitude greater, but I wonder if PATFO might be forced to consider trading Kawhi. He is such a sphinx it is impossible for anybody who doesn't have a real relationship with him to get any idea of what he is thinking. Now that he isn't seen playing or in post-game interviews, he is a complete mystery. He doesn't ever give any interviews. Is he intent on becoming the next life-long Spurs icon and does he have confidence in PATFO? Or would he rather take his talent to another organization? Is he injury-prone and headed down the Grant Hill path? What is his relationship with LMA? What does he think anout the team's performance with LMA as the go-to guy? Is there conflict/tension over who "The Man" is? Would he let PATFO know if he was planning on bolting for another team? These are questions that we can only speculate about - and it is truly speculation in a data vacuum. But depending on the answers to those questions PATFO may be compelled to consider moving Kawhi. I personally believe that the team can't win with both Kawhi and LMA playing iso-ball. And seeing the team playing compe ively without him might give PATFO the perfect opportunity to move him without completely alienating the fan base...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thankfully there isn't a good market for them to move to unless San Diego would give them a state of the art arena. It could happen in 2025 when the non-relocation agreement with the county is up, but San Antonio is a one sport city with a rapidly growing population, and there is no LA market sitting empty to steal the team away. So I don't see the dire situation Saint Louis was in here. As long as the city and/or county is willing to cut the Spurs another corporate welfare check in 7 years I think they'll still be here.

Seattle is obsessed with getting an NBA team but I don't ever see the NBA returning over there due to them not wanting to build a new arena. I thought it was pretty stupid how they decided to invest money in improving their old arena which was the same arena the NBA didn't approve of. Outside of Seattle and San Diego I don't see any attractive markets for a NBA team to relocate to.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good, I hope not. As a SW Missourian Spurs fan, it certainly wouldn't be the end-all-be-all for me if our guys moved because they were never local for me to begin with. However, since becoming a fan, I've become connected with the city and Texas is my home state away from home state. I would feel horrible for any local fans or anyone like me with connections to the city, especially if they relocated to the ever-spoiled California area. I'm so tired of them throwing their weight around and getting everything they want!!! Here's hoping for that check

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are 3rd in the West with all the injuries, one of them b2b DPOY and MVP finalist. 20 yrs straight in the playoffs. Oh oh in the small market. Bunch of spoiled fans.
    They're not going to be 3rd for too much longer with the way they're going on the road. They can't even beat a piss poor Lakers team on the road.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All them guards, but only two centers! What a conundrum.
    In training-camp everyone here was saying "of course the Spurs will sign other big" "they're waiting for DLee..."

This is one of the most unbalanced Spurs rosters I can remember.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How in the did we end up with a guard crew of Mills/Parker/Murray/White/Forbes? I mean what the man... First of all Mills is a quick shooter but could never run the offense or guard the elite pgs. Parker has been dead for about 3 years now? Dude has more 2 point games than anyone in the history of the NBA? Why is that award going unrecognized? Murray is really fun to watch but he is a mess. He can't shoot, he is awkward as and runs around like he is playing street ball. Who the is white? Waive him, please... I love my boy Forbes though, damn he can straight up score from anywhere but he can't handle the rock either....

What is Pop and RC drinking? This has to be the most ed up 5 guards in the entire NBA. Over 30 million dollars a year spent on this group. The Spurs ownership has no balls.

1 and done.
    forbes sucks on defense...and is that true about tony parker having the most 2 point games? i really wouldnt be surprised, but confirmation would be nice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill had value. The only ones with value left are Kawhi and LMA. Murray doesn't even have value anymore now that he's gotten minutes and not claimed the starting job (or even the backup job)
    because he hasn't claimed it doesn't mean he does not deserve it...remember draymond green was benched for david lee, and it took a coach with balls to make the replacement after lee got injured...pop would NEVER bench tony or mills no matter how poorly they play, but continually benches murray even after great outings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony, yes. And I believe Danny still has value. Many fans would consider him a favorite son.

His value obviously is an order of magnitude greater, but I wonder if PATFO might be forced to consider trading Kawhi. He is such a sphinx it is impossible for anybody who doesn't have a real relationship with him to get any idea of what he is thinking. Now that he isn't seen playing or in post-game interviews, he is a complete mystery. He doesn't ever give any interviews. Is he intent on becoming the next life-long Spurs icon and does he have confidence in PATFO? Or would he rather take his talent to another organization? Is he injury-prone and headed down the Grant Hill path? What is his relationship with LMA? What does he think anout the team's performance with LMA as the go-to guy? Is there conflict/tension over who "The Man" is? Would he let PATFO know if he was planning on bolting for another team? These are questions that we can only speculate about - and it is truly speculation in a data vacuum. But depending on the answers to those questions PATFO may be compelled to consider moving Kawhi. I personally believe that the team can't win with both Kawhi and LMA playing iso-ball. And seeing the team playing compe ively without him might give PATFO the perfect opportunity to move him without completely alienating the fan base...
    so ur answer is LMA over Kawhi? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information