Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at the jawlines and the receding hairlines. It's pretty obvious who is doping; they can't hide the side effects.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Virtually all pro athletes take some form of PEDs, tbh..as somebody that has done several cycles, I can attest to the positive effects and the misconception of risk..it doesn't have to be HGH, which is what most people ignorantly associate with sports..

However, even with the advantages in recovery and increase in training potential(which helps in all athletic gains with the proper training), the effect in basketball is far less relevant than in the majority of other pro sports..

While Lebron definitely uses PEDs, he isn't even an egregious example, tbh..it's mostly haters/people that haven't used PEDs that use him as a their primary example..he has always been significantly larger than his peers, even in High School, he has a massive frame that allows for higher potential for physical gains..

Anyways, there's nothing wrong with PEDs and it should be encouraged in all pro sports..it's widely accepted in the NFL and rightfully so, it's a sport that doesn't rely heavily on skill and has a very high number of injuries..

The MLB was far, far, far more exciting to the casual fan(like myself) when players were hitting 60+ Home Runs..in soccer, the best player in the world and arguably the greatest of all-time is a known HGH user..

I don't know why anybody would be against quicker recoveries, increase in training potential, etc..

From my experience, the fans that are against PEDs are usually the silly people that believe they could have made it to the pros with the same sort of "training", or they're just fans that hate certain alleged users(Lebron, Bonds, etc)..although it's pretty naive to believe Jordan wasn't on stuff, too, PEDs have been around for a loooong time

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lesnar got busted the other day

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i think its time to legalize it. a huge part of watching sports is witnessing the very peak of human athletic ability, and legalizing PED's would help athletes climb even higher. plus athletes are going to turn to doping regardless of the rules.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i think its time to legalize it. a huge part of watching sports is witnessing the very peak of human athletic ability, and legalizing PED's would help athletes climb even higher. plus athletes are going to turn to doping regardless of the rules.
    This. Sports are part of the entertainment industry and I want to see unbelievable things. I don't give a about players' well-being or personal lives, just entertain me. Everyone knows the side effects of steroid abuse so they can't plead ignorance later on. It's all about getting the most out of your prime before you wither away into an afterthought.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The people who want to legalize it are under the false impression that it can't be stopped. And tk say you don't give a about players safety, just entertain me, is immoral.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, how would you feel if your son was in higb school or college and they told him "you have to do this to compete," while knowing of the health risks?

To me it's not whether steroids are particularly bad for you. It's just cheating. What's next? Cyborg implants? Will sports just become a race to technology?

The real point I'm trying to make in this thread is they need to make up their mind. Some players are going down in disgrace at the same time everyone knows that a lot of players are using. That makes no sense. Lance Armstrong is a disgrace but Lebron is oh well he'd be a great player anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Virtually all pro athletes take some form of PEDs, tbh..as somebody that has done several cycles, I can attest to the positive effects and the misconception of risk..it doesn't have to be HGH, which is what most people ignorantly associate with sports..

However, even with the advantages in recovery and increase in training potential(which helps in all athletic gains with the proper training), the effect in basketball is far less relevant than in the majority of other pro sports..

While Lebron definitely uses PEDs, he isn't even an egregious example, tbh..it's mostly haters/people that haven't used PEDs that use him as a their primary example..he has always been significantly larger than his peers, even in High School, he has a massive frame that allows for higher potential for physical gains..

Anyways, there's nothing wrong with PEDs and it should be encouraged in all pro sports..it's widely accepted in the NFL and rightfully so, it's a sport that doesn't rely heavily on skill and has a very high number of injuries..

The MLB was far, far, far more exciting to the casual fan(like myself) when players were hitting 60+ Home Runs..in soccer, the best player in the world and arguably the greatest of all-time is a known HGH user..

I don't know why anybody would be against quicker recoveries, increase in training potential, etc..

From my experience, the fans that are against PEDs are usually the silly people that believe they could have made it to the pros with the same sort of "training", or they're just fans that hate certain alleged users(Lebron, Bonds, etc)..although it's pretty naive to believe Jordan wasn't on stuff, too, PEDs have been around for a loooong time
    I disagree that Lebron would be more or less the same without roids. We saw what kind of player he would be when returned to Cleveland 30 pounds lighter. He was a different player until he bulked back up mid-season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree that Lebron would be more or less the same without roids. We saw what kind of player he would be when returned to Cleveland 30 pounds lighter. He was a different player until he bulked back up mid-season.
    I didn't say he would be the same player, I don't think he would be..my point is that I don't believe he's the most egregious example of a juicer in the NBA or in sports, but he gets labeled as such due to his size and muscularity..for example, there was a clear difference in Barry Bonds' physical appearance past the age of 30..

Lebron's physical changes haven't been dramatic, his only noticeable growth has been what's typical with adulthood..if you look at his High School pictures, there's a huge difference between his frame vs. his peers, he has always been significantly larger than everybody around him..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    leroid. one reason he could never sniff being the "greatest"
    Your sig, I checked it out. Good song. Reminiscent of the good ol' R&B/Hip Hop times from the 90's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say he would be the same player, I don't think he would be..my point is that I don't believe he's the most egregious example of a juicer in the NBA or in sports, but he gets labeled as such due to his size and muscularity..for example, there was a clear difference in Barry Bonds' physical appearance past the age of 30..

Lebron's physical changes haven't been dramatic, his only noticeable growth has been what's typical with adulthood..if you look at his High School pictures, there's a huge difference between his frame vs. his peers, he has always been significantly larger than everybody around him..
    Lebron has superior genetics. That is absolutely clear. He is a physical wonder with, or without doping.
    He's also damn smart. Machiavellian, even...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they die they die.
    True. And good use of a great (I mean cheesy great) movie line.
    Your love of 80's cheese is pretty damn awesome. From Ghostbusters 2 movie quotes to your avi of the young Van Damme.
    Great stuff dude.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The people who want to legalize it are under the false impression that it can't be stopped. And tk say you don't give a about players safety, just entertain me, is immoral.
    The risks at this level are very minimal.. , even at a lower level, the risk is relatively minimal..

Prior to trying it, I used to be terrified of the risks I had heard of(balls shrinking, impotence, balding, not to mention heart stuff), but if you follow directions, the risk is minimal(and doing just 1 cycle is kind of pointless)..that's at a lower level, too, doing it myself with the advice of trainer/bodybuilder friends..NBA players and pro athletes have professional advice and absolutely no risk of receiving low-grade products..

The only risk argument I could buy is for High Schoolers taking it and not following directions..personally, I have only seen 2 guys crash from taking PEDs, and neither followed instructions..both were heavy partyers that didn't stop popping pills and regularly doing blow while cycling..1 of them actually wasn't that bad until he messed up his PCT..the other was bad, he became suicidal, but he was fine once he stopped the drugs and began cycling again a few months later..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as they also drink the pulp. Pulp has a lot of what you need.

Flyer than I have to be oh crap's Avatar
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Your sig, I checked it out. Good song. Reminiscent of the good ol' R&B/Hip Hop times from the 90's.
    The original from Souls of Mischief is great too. Should check out Big K.R.I.T's K.R.I.T wuz here tape, solid from top to bottom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmbrl68LYZs

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    In general, it's not a big deal. That being said, Media refusing to ask Kobe any tough questions about his trips to Europe for non-FDA-sanctioned blood "spinning" (doping) procedures was a disgrace.
    CN doesn't care. He just turned a blind eye. Some people see the truth though. Note: the below quote is not from BSPN, of course:

Performance enhancing drugs are taking up a lot of spotlight in sports as of recently. It seems like every other month, some clinic is getting shut down and exposing their patient list of celebrities and athletes for the world to see. So naturally, claiming that an athlete is indeed taking performance enhancing drugs is a taboo subject without solid proof and evidence. And no action is guaranteed except the stink-eye and hate from fans of said athlete. My curiosity into LeBron James’ steroid use began with an interview with Derrick Rose. The reporter had asked him if steroids were a problem in the NBA since it rarely gets mentioned or talked about. On a scale of 1 – 10 (1 being what are PED’s and 10 being everyone is using), Derrick Rose answered “7” and admitted that it is a problem that no one talks about.

“It’s huge and I think we need a level playing field, where nobody has that advantage over the next person.”

ImageAfter I read that answer, the first two players that popped into my head were LeBron James and Dwight Howard. Since 2011 I have always been outspoken about my su ions that LeBron James was using steroids. The obvious response I would get from my friends who were Heat fans was, “No, the NBA tests for testosterone.” That’s pretty much like saying that felons don’t use drugs when they’re on probation because they’re piss tested. Further research shows that even though the NBA does test for testosterone, they don’t test for HGH (Human Growth Hormone) which is a far more advanced type of steroids meant for men older than 25 who want to maintain athleticism and flexibility without gaining to much bulk and getting stiff. David Stern is only announcing now that they plan to START testing for HGH next season. These are some of the reasons I believe that LeBron is using HGH.

Since 2003 LeBron is notably much larger than he ever was. I understand the concept of lifting weights and gaining muscle, but different before and after pictures show that LeBron’s back and shoulders have almost doubled in width. The diameter of his head is extremely larger. The back and shoulders I can deal with, but there’s no work out plan on the planet that cause this much growth in your head. I’ve had many close friends go on cycles of steroids and especially HGH. And one of the most noticeable characteristics that we’re all aware of is the growth of the human head during these cycles or what they refer to as “moon face”. There’s no concealing it.

Even when players like Jordan and Kobe were considered undersized and they hit the weights; they never bulked up like that. Think about it, an NBA player is running up and down basketball courts 82 games a year plus practices. With that much cardio, it’s no wonder most basketball players have natural runners’ bodies. It’s almost impossible to bulk up with that much muscle when you’re burning that many calories constantly. And yet we have this mutant whose 6’8” weighing 275 lbs and still runs 40 yards in almost 4 flat. That’s not natural, that’s science.

Earlier this year the infamous Anthony Bosch’s clinic was shut down for dishing out steroids and HGH to celebrities and athletes. The most scandalous being A-Rod caught once again on the patient list. When interviews were done with “Incarcerated Bob”, he mentioned one of his clients being the initials “L.J.” seen on the patient list. He claimed a man named Paul picked up HGH once a month for L.J. consistently. Rich Paul is LeBron James’ best friend and agent. All of these coincidences, combined with the fact LeBron has never sustained any serious injury in his career and who’s hairline has been visibly receding since he was 22, is too much irony for me to not call it like it is. There’s no doubt that even without the steroids, he’s one of the greatest and smartest basketball players ever. But I believe he’s definitely cheating for the sake of dominating the game. And when most Eastern Conference teams are seeing their superstars get injured left and right from playing their hearts out, it’s not fair when this freak of nature is just barreling his way through opponents high on steroids.
    LINK: https://ajaythuraisingham.wordpress....uses-steroids/

Interesting read, although I had to dig for it instead of seeing it as the lead story on BSPN or Fox Sports. , CN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does any one of you with women putting on make up or have plastic surgery?

That said, the issue isn't with what is used, it's the inconsistency of who can and who can't use it. Like Mavs and Rockets players can't do drugs in the 80s, but for some mysterious reasons, everybody else can.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    CN doesn't care. He just turned a blind eye. Some people see the truth though. Note: the below quote is not from BSPN, of course:

LINK: https://ajaythuraisingham.wordpress....uses-steroids/

Interesting read, although I had to dig for it instead of seeing it as the lead story on BSPN or Fox Sports. , CN
    at believing some rando's Wordpress blog that cites Incarcerated Bob, the biggest fake-rumor peddler in sports, as a source.

I know English is your second language, Osmin, but your bull detectors shouldn't be this bad.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    LeRoid isn't smart, he's just listening to his handlers more...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    at believing some rando's Wordpress blog that cites Incarcerated Bob, the biggest fake-rumor peddler in sports, as a source.

I know English is your second language, Osmin, but your bull detectors shouldn't be this bad.

Double facepalm...
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Obligatory xkcd:

With that said, it is the rules, and therefore it is bad. but I'd rather they just drop the rules... Let the athletes be made aware of the risks and have doctors control what the athletes get...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care because the NBA seemingly don't care. There is a great number of players who are on PEDs, if they suddenly start regulating the NBA will turn into NBDL, which is terrible for business.

With that said, it is the rules, and therefore it is bad. but I'd rather they just drop the rules... Let the athletes be made aware of the risks and have doctors control what the athletes get...
    Sure, but sooner or later the LOBs should be presented to the teams of doctors, rather than the basketball players.

Double facepalm...
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    That doesn't really follow: LOBs already go to the organizarion. Trainers, medical staff, ownership, management are all already a huge part of the equation. Players playing field will simply be transparent. If you were worried about giving players the edge, Gatorade related advantage should be removed. Or chocken soup. Or chocolate milk. Those were all trade secrets for a while. None pf which are illegal now. Better stuff is available. Besides, you still need to start with a superior athletes. Also, PEDs don't account for ambition. Its the Gattaca vs Wrath of Khan debate: just because you can juice doesn't mean you will have the drive or put in the work...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lebron James Being investigated by the NBA for using Steroids

(ESPN) -- Professional athlete, LeBron James, gave an unclear response when pressed to explain the allegations that he is using performance-enhancing drugs, to give him an unfair advantage over his compe ors. The all-star player stated that the only substance he uses is his training supplement called X-Alpha. But authorities believe, He's not completely off the hook.

While denying using HGH, he's admitting to using a supplement that the National Basketball Association (NBA) consider adding to the list of prohibited substances starting next year.
    }

Thread Information