he called Prandelli a traitor for quitting
    now he leaves too

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    he called Prandelli a traitor for quitting
    now he leaves too

So who is going to be Barca next coach?

I don't see him staying next year if they fail to win League or CL..

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

Xavi?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Well visiting Villareal is very complicated. Barça is 5 points behind Madrid, but it worries that Madrid is peaking early. Still, Zidane has deeper roster than other teams and often gives his stars rest, so perhaps will be able to win La Liga.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Yes pls

Xavi is gold when it comes to excuses

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Yes pls

Xavi is gold when it comes to excuses
    Super mega tiki-taka tbqh.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Well visiting Villareal is very complicated. Barça is 5 points behind Madrid, but it worries that Madrid is peaking early. Still, Zidane has deeper roster than other teams and often gives his stars rest, so perhaps will be able to win La Liga.
    Madrid are in no danger of losing La Liga, you guys also have a game in hand so it's almost an 8 point lead really.

Plus, Enrique will be gone after this year, he is absolutely clueless.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count

There are rumours to go after Dortmund's coach, but literally anyone would be a better option.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Madrid are in no danger of losing La Liga, you guys also have a game in hand so it's almost an 8 point lead really.

You guys had like 15 pts on us and we ended the season 3 pts behind

So anything is possible

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Nah, when Madrid loses their first game (i say Sevilla), it will be interesting if they have a meltdown like Barca or can keep going...

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Tough game against a needy Valencia at Mestalla.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    You guys had like 15 pts on us and we ended the season 3 pts behind

So anything is possible

Nah, when Madrid loses their first game (i say Sevilla), it will be interesting if they have a meltdown like Barca or can keep going...

That's true and Madrid had a bit of a meltdown in the 14-15 season after going on an absolute tear through January but this season feels different. The midfield for Barca is an absolute abomination and spending 30M on players like Gomes and Paco is just pitiful.

Maybe Barca can do something in the CL, but their defense will also need to get better.

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    That's true and Madrid had a bit of a meltdown in the 14-15 season after going on an absolute tear through January but this season feels different. The midfield for Barca is an absolute abomination and spending 30M on players like Gomes and Paco is just pitiful.

Maybe Barca can do something in the CL, but their defense will also need to get better.
    Yup, they had like 22 wins in a row or something and fell apart. Like i said, it's important how they react after a loss. And so far they did a good job covering for injuries.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Yup, they had like 22 wins in a row or something and fell apart. Like i said, it's important how they react after a loss. And so far they did a good job covering for injuries.
    And I feel when Madrid and Barca collpased in recent seasons was due to the lack of rotation but Zidane has been doing a great job of that this year.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Barca's only chance is if Sergio Ramos gets injured, tbh...

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    And I feel when Madrid and Barca collpased in recent seasons was due to the lack of rotation but Zidane has been doing a great job of that this year.
    imo lack of rotation is just a partial consequence of the real problem, lack of tactical variety is the key for both teams. Zidane isn't a monkey like enrique and through his rotation (given by personnel given by $$$$$$) he makes Real more adaptable. This is good coaching because it hides penaldo getting old by not being overreliant on him, like say Barcelona are with misty. Barcelona just play the same style and can't adapt to bad runs/games where their normal strategy leads to stagnation, their only reply is to over attack and expose themselves at the back. That's why they've been having these meltdowns lately, because they have no tactical answer for playing badly. So yes, a real coach would do good for them, but imo it's a bigger problem as the roster is entrenched into this playstyle mentality.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    imo lack of rotation is just a partial consequence of the real problem, lack of tactical variety is the key for both teams. Zidane isn't a monkey like enrique and through his rotation (given by personnel given by $$$$$$) he makes Real more adaptable. This is good coaching because it hides penaldo getting old by not being overreliant on him, like say Barcelona are with misty. Barcelona just play the same style and can't adapt to bad runs/games where their normal strategy leads to stagnation, their only reply is to over attack and expose themselves at the back. That's why they've been having these meltdowns lately, because they have no tactical answer for playing badly. So yes, a real coach would do good for them, but imo it's a bigger problem as the roster is entrenched into this playstyle mentality.
    Great post. When I was talking about rotation in the past seasons, I just meant both teams looked absolutely exhausted during their slumps and the lack of rotation had them burning out in the second half of their respective seasons.

I think Barca has been "found out" a bit as even teams below the top 3 are high pressing the out of Barca this season and Barca has no plan B. It feels like since the midfield has gone to (Gomes was a bad signing, Denis Suarez is great but doesn't play nearly enough, and Busquets has been very up and down) the team tries to hoof the ball up the pitch and cross their fingers for MSN to do something amazing. However, Neymar hasn't scored in 1000 minutes (seriously) of La Liga play, Suarez is off and his first touch has completely abandoned him, and this is the deepest I've seen Messi play for Barca in a while. And when Messi isn't playing deep he's playing much more centrally as oppose to on the wing where everything is now feeling congested up front.

I absolutely agree about Barca's lack of adaptability being their downfall.

My Team
    AFC Ajax
    Post Count
    Barca's only chance is if Sergio Ramos gets injured, tbh...
    Ramos was lost w/o Godnaldo in the Euros.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Ramos was lost w/o Godnaldo in the Euros.
    This is La Liga thread, in case you didn't notice...

My Team
    AFC Ajax
    Post Count
    This is La Liga thread, in case you didn't notice...
    Ramos also plays FOR Godnaldo in La Liga.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Wow Messi again. Without him Barca don't even qualify for champions league this season.

Destroying the Bilbao keeper in both legs

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    three consecutive freekick goals for Messi tbh

Thread Information