Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Messi still deserves Ballon D'or over Ronaldo. Ronaldo's teammates have been far superior. Real Madrid without Ronaldo is still a much better team than Barcelona without Real Madrid.
    Seriously? You can't be that salty and delusional

Midget busted his load in the CL group stage, stat-padding against Getafe and Granada is what the golden boot is for.

Without Suarez and Neymar La Liga would have been Real's by now.

Ronaldo is putting on an historic clinic in the CL knockout stage.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    But so did Ronaldo last year in the CL. Ronaldo's best moments were in the group stage, he was horrible in both Euro final and CL final and still got the award. Messi has inarguably been the better player this season. Ronaldo had a 700 minute draight in the CL, 2 goals from the last round were extremely controversial since they were offside and the media knew it.

Ramos and Marcelo deserve just as much credit as Ronaldo if not more so. You don't win Ballon D'or because of back to back good games in the CL.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    But so did Ronaldo last year in the CL. Ronaldo's best moments were in the group stage, he was horrible in both Euro final and CL final and still got the award. Messi has inarguably been the better player this season. Ronaldo had a 700 minute draight in the CL, 2 goals from the last round were extremely controversial since they were offside and the media knew it.

Ramos and Marcelo deserve just as much credit as Ronaldo if not more so. You don't win Ballon D'or because of back to back good games in the CL.
    For argument's sake, let's say Real wins both the CL and LL or at least one of the 2. Make a case for midget deserving the ballon d'or over Ronaldo, go ahead i wanna read it and laugh.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Messi was more instrumental for Barcelona than Ronaldo was for Real Madrid. The stats speak for themselves and it's not even close. Ronaldo is setup by his teammates far far more than Messi is by his. Messi's goal tally on the season is much higher than Ronaldo and this coming from a player who plays much deeper. Ronaldo is a poacher and there is no shame at that based on his age. Ramos and Marcelo were as big of a reason for Madrid being top in la liga than Ronaldo. Ronaldo had the biggest CL scoring drought of his career prior to the past couple games.

Messi has to do significantly more for Barcelona to stay afloat than Ronaldo had to do for Madrid. The fact that Madrid had a 40 game point streak wthout losing and still tied with Barca for now in la Liga speaks volumes about Messi.

This isn't a post about being negative about Ronaldo but anyone who watches football knows Messi has easily been the better player this season.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Messi was more instrumental for Barcelona than Ronaldo was for Real Madrid. The stats speak for themselves and it's not even close. Ronaldo is setup by his teammates for far more than Messi is by his. Messi's goal tally on the season is much higher than Ronaldo and this coming from a player who plays much deeper. Ronaldo is a poacher and there is no shame at that for his age. Ramos and Marcelo were as big of a reason for Madrid being top in la liga than Ronaldo. Ronaldo had the biggest CL scoring drought of his career prior to the past couple games.

Messi has to do significantly more for Barcelona to stay afloat than Ronaldo had to do for Madrid. The fact that Madrid had a 40 game point streak wthout losing and still tied with Barca for now in la Liga speaks volumes about Messi.

This isn't a post about being negative about Ronaldo but anyone who watches football knows Messi has easily been the better player this season.
    Ronaldo had better individual statiscal seasons than Messi before but the argument back then was that midget had team trophies to go along with his stats, so he won the ballon d'or.

So now you want them to bend their criteria to suit Lionel Bieber's needs? How convenient

Again, if you want midget to be rewarded for scoring more goals than Ronaldo, that's what the golden boot is for. You're basically saying the NBA's scoring champion should automatically win league MVP
    Last edited by Bynumite; 05-02-2017 at 05:12 PM.

Ronaldo had better individual statiscal seasons than Messi before but the argument back then was that midget had team trophies to go along with his stats, so he won the ballon d'or.

So now you want them to bend their criteria to suit Lionel Bieber's needs? How convenient

Again, if you want midget to be rewarded for scoring more goals than Ronaldo, that's what the golden boot is for. You're basically saying the NBA's scoring champion should automatically win league MVP
    Naldo won the CL too with united.

Seriously, Ronaldo has declined in terms of his speed and physicallity but he's basically a number 9 now on sterorids.

He's probably the best paocher in Soccer history. And yes that is a fantastic skill. Don't let the Messi s argue otheriwse...but he can't dribble past las palmas players.

Ronaldp deserves all the awards this year..All of it.

Meessi plays with 2 of the 5 best players in the world in Neymar and Suarez.. .theres people that argue neymar is the best in the world.

But messi has no help...piss off fanboy.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Four straight tie or final wins over Atleti in four years against each other in the UCL.

If I am Cerezo, I wouldn't even consider breaking up the Atleti squad just because of it... After all, this bunch is the one he has had the most success with. But I bet he and Simeone have nightmares about Ronaldo and Ramos every other night
    Last edited by Venti Quattro; 05-02-2017 at 05:39 PM.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Meessi plays with 2 of the 5 best players in the world in Neymar and Suarez.. .theres people that argue neymar is the best in the world.

But messi has no help...piss off fanboy.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    penaldo showing missy how its done tbh.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Last CL season, Wolfsburg went with a 0:2 advantage to the Bernabéu. Ronaldo made a hat trick, one of the goals, from a free kick was through the wall. If I recall well, Roma was also eliminated by Ronaldo's goals.

The guy just don't get full credit for what he does.

I mean, 5 first goals for his team vs Bayern Munich? Who can do that?

What player can score 3 to Atleti?

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count

No, Ronaldo is only good at one thing: scoring. A great asset to have, by he's never part of the build up play. He relies on great service to get him his stats whereas Messi is the great service his team relies on. Suarez had some of the worst droughts of his career this season, and so has Neymar. Barcelona had ZERO business making Madrid sweat in la liga this season but they have because of one man: Messi.

I'd argue this is one of the more impressive individual impressive seasons of messi's career. Without him Barca fare much worse than they do if Madrid didn't have Ronaldo. This is probably the best Madrid side of the decade while being one of the two worst Barca sides of the decade. Yet Barca are neck and neck with Madrid in la liga.

Messi is far more multidimensional than Ronaldo. I can't can't even remember the last game Ronaldo was praised for a match without scoring. Messi's influence far outweighs that of Ronaldo. Can't give the ballon d'or to a poacher who needs his teammates to set him up while he waits all around all game as oppose to a player who dictates the game like Messi.

Messi is also far ahead in goals and assists combined over Ronaldo. Ronaldo is barely top 3 for real Madrid this season whereas Messi was easily the best player for Barca while his teammates had very up and down seasons in Neymar and Suarez. Marcelo and Ramos never looked better, and Madrid actually has a bench this year.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    So basically what you're saying is that Messi should win the ballon d'or every season, even if he doesn't win any relevant trophies but because in your opinion Messi has a better skillset and can do more things better than Ronaldo? Ok

That wall of text was unnecessary, one of the most re ed arguments i've ever heard. Here, let me sprinkle some more salt on your post.

No, Ronaldo is only good at one thing: scoring. A great asset to have, by he's never part of the build up play. He relies on great service to get him his stats whereas Messi is the great service his team relies on. Suarez had some of the worst droughts of his career this season, and so has Neymar. Barcelona had ZERO business making Madrid sweat in la liga this season but they have because of one man: Messi.

I'd argue this is one of the more impressive individual impressive seasons of messi's career. Without him Barca fare much worse than they do if Madrid didn't have Ronaldo. This is probably the best Madrid side of the decade while being one of the two worst Barca sides of the decade. Yet Barca are neck and neck with Madrid in la liga.

Messi is far more multidimensional than Ronaldo. I can't can't even remember the last game Ronaldo was praised for a match without scoring. Messi's influence far outweighs that of Ronaldo. Can't give the ballon d'or to a poacher who needs his teammates to set him up while he waits all around all game as oppose to a player who dictates the game like Messi.

Messi is also far ahead in goals and assists combined over Ronaldo. Ronaldo is barely top 3 for real Madrid this season whereas Messi was easily the best player for Barca while his teammates had very up and down seasons in Neymar and Suarez. Marcelo and Ramos never looked better, and Madrid actually has a bench this year.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Put another forward in those chances, contested header, a shot with a defender closing on and goalie in place, a shot trough 2 closing defenders and the goalie, and the game probably ends 0:0, maybe 1:0. Ronaldo, just past his prime poacher, sure.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    penaldo showing missy how its done tbh.

I think Amused recently started watching Soccer. No way that dude started watching early.

Even if Ronaldo is just a Poacher.. The Greatest Poacher in the game is far more valuable than any combination of skillsets a player possess.

This isn't basketball. This is a Goal sport.

The ability to score Goals in a game where the average goals a game is 2....Poaching is a significantly more valuable skillset because Poaching is a talent that is difficult to counter.

Against great defensive teams, a player in tge middle that likes to control the ball and dribble can be negated by a talented holding midfielder and an extremely disciplned defense.

A Poacher scores goals even in the most awkward situation. Goals...You know..the thing you need to win a soccer game.

Over or under 15 years old..age when Amused started watching soccer?

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    There is no possible you could have watched football to have seen both players and say Ronaldo is better than Messi. Especially this season. Messi has been much more consistent all year long and far more instrumental to his team's success.

Ronaldo is a poacher but he is elite at one thing: scoring

Messi is elite at many facets of the game including scoring, dribbling, passing you name it.

Ronaldo is a great player, and he is a poacher, no shame in that, but you can't watch both players week in and week out and think Ronaldo has had the better season. No way.

Ronaldo is not only a Poacher but he is the Best Poacher of all time in addition to actually being one of the most dangerous winger of all time.

Its like I am arguing with someone who thinks kyrie is best PG in the league...

But he can crossover

He Won the CL with United as the Best Player...

But but Benzema and Luka Moverrated are better than Neymar and Suarez. Lol messi fanboys unreal.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Are you trolling? what is so hard to comprehend that Messi influences the game far more than Ronaldo because he is an elite playmaker/passer and scorer. You've had horrible takes simply saying "Ronaldo deserves all the awards"

Even haters like the poster Brazil was saying this is probably one of the best seasons Messi has had. Messi has been much better individually this season than Ronaldo, maybe you only started watching Ronaldo two weeks ago.

Ronaldo has the better team, Ramos has been bailing the team out on multiple occasions.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    He Won the CL with United as the Best Player...

But but Benzema and Luka Moverrated are better than Neymar and Suarez. Lol messi fanboys unreal.
    Suarez and Neymar have been struggling this season, Madrid's midfield and defense are significantly better than Barca's. You're awful with these posts. Imagine thinking this Barca team is anything but one of the worst two Barca teams of the decade

Messi is single handedly having them be in any position to challenge for la liga.

- Two of the five best player in the world neymar and Suarez
    - A top 5 Holding midfielder Busq.
    - Still a top 10 CMF in Iniesta
    - Rakitic is decent.
    - One of the top 5 GK in the world.

Messi fanboy "it's one man team though"

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    - Two of the five best player in the world neymar and Suarez
    - A top 5 Holding midfielder Busq.
    - Still a top 10 CMF in Iniesta
    - Rakitic is decent.
    - One of the top 5 GK in the world.

Messi fanboy "it's one man team though"
    Iniesta is having one of the worst seasons of his career, as is busquets, Suarez has had one of the worst scoring droughts in the last 4 years and Neymar has been up and down all season although he's been great lately.

Just admit you don't watch any Barca games and are simply a Ronaldo fanboy who was a United fan and followed him to Madrid. He just waits for the rest of his team to serve him crosses on a platter. He should be buying Marcelo Ramos and modric a Rolex every week.

You are clueless

Modric has like 4 assist in like 6939292 games. Da are you talking about

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    And how about Iniesta and rakitic? How many assists do they have? How many goals does Ramos have compared to anyone from Barca's midfield or defense?

Truth, Real Madrid are by far and away the most stacked team in the world. Ronaldo is far moreReplaceable for them than Messi is for Barcelona.

Thread Information