Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And easy to play burnt games at the time. At first all you need was the utopia boot disk, and swap CDs and then they figured out how to autorun games or some . Piracy and lack of third party developers like EA and other American developers killed the system. SEGA for the most part were churning out games with other Japanese developers.

Remember Bleemcast and how you could run Playstation games on the Dreamcast and not only that, but made them look better? That was insane at the time.

I remember playing NBA 2K against other people on the internet on that thing. I had a modem at the time and that was fun
    ing Virtua Tennis is addicting. If you want to play Dreamcast games check the nullDC emulator. It's a real to setup but is awesome once you get it working.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    And with a Nintendo controller

Better experience imo
    Carpal tunnel. Love NES (longest I've owned a console) but them s has horrible ergonomics. I use the Xbox 360 controller with FCEUX tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing Virtua Tennis is addicting. If you want to play Dreamcast games check the nullDC emulator. It's a real to setup but is awesome once you get it working.
    That, NBA 2k, NFL 2K and Soul Calibur were my back in the day. I also played a ton of Capcom vs SNK too and the directional pad from the Dreamcast controller used to up my left thumb pretty bad until I started to form a callus on it.

I wasted so many hours on Virtua Tennis, Tommy Haas was mah back in the day.

I still have my Dreamcast in a box in the closet with so many games I bought but also burned. I might have to pull it out one of these days. My laser eye of the GD drive still works thankfully. I might have to try that emulator out to save my laser. I've read that many people have drive problems with their systems nowadays especially people who burned games back then.
    Last edited by NASpurs; 07-18-2016 at 07:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have my original NES somewhere in my parents place tbh. The Genesis one at least can play cartridges - I just think the NES one is lazy unless they do indeed allow for expansion (FW upgrade)? I mean, I owned over 30 real NES cartridges myself
    Yeah the NES one is lazy but it won't be long before someone figures out the emulator they're using and how to run games from an SD card or some modded way. I agree with lefty though, dat controller. I was playing Super Mario 3 on an emulator with my laptop connected to a HDMI cable and I was using a wireless PS3 controller connected to a Bluetooth adapter and it just wasn't the same plus I could notice a lag in input. It just wasn't the same. There's something about playing NES games with a controller from the NES.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but this NES mini has save state capabilities like every other emulator.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even the box it comes in hits the nostalgic factor. These ers know what they're doing. I bet they're going to be sold out in like five minutes even if it's just a Raspberry Pi with an SD card and roms in it. Don't care tbh, I'm sold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even the box it comes in hits the nostalgic factor. These ers know what they're doing. I bet they're going to be sold out in like five minutes even if it's just a Raspberry Pi with an SD card and roms in it. Don't care tbh, I'm sold.

Still doesn't have Double Dribble tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carpal tunnel. Love NES (longest I've owned a console) but them s has horrible ergonomics. I use the Xbox 360 controller with FCEUX tbh
    carpal tunnel? NES controller is worth it tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just want the nes exterior case, could be sweet for a pc case

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still doesn't have Double Dribble tho
    lol that game was fkn hax, could do ft layups/dunks...

hopefully they dont kill the nes experience some of the later gens are missing out on, especially blowing cartridges

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh... if the 30 games came on cartridge that you'd have to blow into as you beat the side of the NES for then to work... only then would the nostalgia factor be complete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish Sega would come up with an improved last gen Dreamcast.

It would not fail this time.

That's the one console I hear people say they miss the most now that it's gone and its awesomeness was missed by so many people. Terribly underrated console.
    The dreamcast was badass. Unfortunately I bought one late in the game and most of the games I bought were on clearance because stores were dumping it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm buying it

I'll take the SNES and PS1 versions as well plz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are they remastered into HD at least? It would look like on a 40 inch HD TV if it isn't.
    Negative.. The ty originals on an HDMI output

Would rather run on an emulator on my phone tbh.. The filters on Genesis MD and Snes9x EX+ on Android make the games look pretty crisp and clear at 5"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    peasants in here who can't afford it are like that's stupid! I can download the games!

you're not fooling anyone, you broke s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    peasants in here who can't afford it are like that's stupid! I can download the games!

LOL I have been playing NES games on emulators since 1997

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone bought this thing?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/AtGames-Sega-G...-/140903302322

It already has 80 built in games but you can also play Genesis cartridges.
    I had a Genesis

SEXISEST CONTROLLERS EVER

That, NBA 2k, NFL 2K and Soul Calibur were my back in the day. I also played a ton of Capcom vs SNK too and the directional pad from the Dreamcast controller used to up my left thumb pretty bad until I started to form a callus on it.

I wasted so many hours on Virtua Tennis, Tommy Haas was mah back in the day.

I still have my Dreamcast in a box in the closet with so many games I bought but also burned. I might have to pull it out one of these days. My laser eye of the GD drive still works thankfully. I might have to try that emulator out to save my laser. I've read that many people have drive problems with their systems nowadays especially people who burned games back then.
    I remember playing NBA 2K for the 1st time on my Dreamcast

"holy this game looks amazing"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Solid take IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember playing NBA 2K for the 1st time on my Dreamcast

"holy this game looks amazing"
    yup.. NFL 2K came first.. I can remember when NBA 2K dropped I spent a huge portion of the opening time with the game in instant replay mode in awe at the player likenesses.. Reading the Midwest Division Championship banners on the blue curtain at the Alamodome

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    brian grant was a beast in that original 2k

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing Sega man.. How the did they manage to up the Dreamcast everybody loved that

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I had a Genesis

SEXISEST CONTROLLERS EVER
    I missed the the entire 16-bit generation (parents got me NES just as SNES was coming out ), but I always thought Genesis as the cool console tbh. All black, cool looking controllers, bloody MK, Sonic. Leeching friends for game tiem was fun tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup.. NFL 2K came first.. I can remember when NBA 2K dropped I spent a huge portion of the opening time with the game in instant replay mode in awe at the player likenesses.. Reading the Midwest Division Championship banners on the blue curtain at the Alamodome
    I abused the instant replay/demo mode for the same reason

"Robinson shooting FTs actually looks like Robinson shooting FT's"

Dunking with VC was also awesome

brian grant was a beast in that original 2k
    So were a bunch of scrubs tbh

I missed the the entire 16-bit generation (parents got me NES just as SNES was coming out ), but I always thought Genesis as the cool console tbh. All black, cool looking controllers, bloody MK, Sonic. Leeching friends for game tiem was fun tbh.
    I didn't own a NES/SNES

Kinda owned the original Game Boy since I always borrowed one from my neighbor, cousin or friend

That's why I may end up getting this new NES

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I didn't own a NES/SNES

Kinda owned the original Game Boy since I always borrowed one from my neighbor, cousin or friend

That's why I may end up getting this new NES
    As long as you don't get this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh the 32x thingy lol

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks pretty good tbh

Thread Information