Page 3 of 187 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which part of what I said violated the first amendment and why?
    You'd be impeding the free exercise of said religion. Pretty simple stuff, lawyer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if they can't be thoroughly vetted, no.

theyre already here, nothing to do.

Why do you think it is a good idea to bring in more Muslim refugees?
    I'm good with equal vetting of all refugees. You just wanna extra vet the Muslim ones.

Pretty ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd be impeding the free exercise of said religion. Pretty simple stuff, lawyer.
    If they aren't in the US they don't have first amendment rights. Easy enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they aren't in the US they don't have first amendment rights. Easy enough.
    They already are here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They already are here.
    Not the ones your girl Hillary wants to bring in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the ones your girl Hillary wants to bring in.
    We're not talking about refugees. We're talking about Islam itself.

It's already here. What do you want to do about it other than crap your pants when you see a Muslim at the grocery store?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're not talking about refugees. We're talking about Islam itself.

It's already here. What do you want to do about it other than crap your pants when you see a Muslim at the grocery store?
    you. You are the one that needs a diaper change.

You are right. A bunch are here already. A certain percentage are radicalized and will continue to kill Americans and in turn get killed themselves. Stop the inflow unless 110% vetted and secure and we will eventually wed out the ed up ones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today's Islam

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you have any legal authority that supports your claim that President Obama calling ISIS an islamic organization impedes the free exercise of islam? Or that having an adult conversation about Islam violates the free exercise of religion?

You do realize there are limits on free exercise? I'd love to hear your explanation why cases like Employment Division v. Smith don't allow Obama to criticize those muslims who believe the punishment for apostasy is death?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I'm good with equal vetting of all refugees. You just wanna extra vet the Muslim ones.

Pretty ridiculous.
    You failed to answer my only question. Why do you think it is a good idea to bring in more Muslim refugees?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently Blake thinks criminal soliciation laws don't apply to Muslims.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is a permissible reading of the [free exercise clause]...to say that if prohibiting the exercise of religion is not the object of the [law] but merely the incidental effect of a generally applicable and otherwise valid provision, the First Amendment has not been offended.... To make an individual's obligation to obey such a law contingent upon the law's coincidence with his religious beliefs, except where the State's interest is "compelling"–permitting him, by virtue of his beliefs, "to become a law unto himself,"–contradicts both cons utional tradition and common sense. To adopt a true "compelling interest" requirement for laws that affect religious practice would lead towards anarchy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you. You are the one that needs a diaper change.

You are right. A bunch are here already. A certain percentage are radicalized and will continue to kill Americans and in turn get killed themselves. Stop the inflow unless 110% vetted and secure and we will eventually wed out the ed up ones.
    You tell me I need a diaper change in the middle of a running down your leg from fear post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is a permissible reading of the [free exercise clause]...to say that if prohibiting the exercise of religion is not the object of the [law] but merely the incidental effect of a generally applicable and otherwise valid provision, the First Amendment has not been offended.... To make an individual's obligation to obey such a law contingent upon the law's coincidence with his religious beliefs, except where the State's interest is "compelling"–permitting him, by virtue of his beliefs, "to become a law unto himself,"–contradicts both cons utional tradition and common sense. To adopt a true "compelling interest" requirement for laws that affect religious practice would lead towards anarchy.
    I'm not sure what your copy pasta has to do with anything.

Just make sure that when you kick the Quran out that you boot the bible too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You failed to answer my only question. Why do you think it is a good idea to bring in more Muslim refugees?
    Your question is a have you stopped beating up your wife fallacy. Like most of your questions usually are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently Blake thinks criminal soliciation laws don't apply to Muslims.
    Jeez where did you come up with this lousy conclusion.

You're just too stupid to discuss anything with. Seriously. Sorry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure what your copy pasta has to do with anything.
    Tells me all I need to know. You're a ing idiot who has no idea what he's talking about. FuthyLumpinkths-esque.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Your question is a have you stopped beating up your wife fallacy. Like most of your questions usually are.
    I think it's a bad idea, you obviously disagree with me. So do you think it's a good idea, or do you just have no idea how you think of it? RandomGuy thought it was a good idea and laid out why. Stop cowering behind fallacy claims.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    FuthyLumpinkths
    exactly how I'd pronounce it lol I'm not the only one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exactly how I'd pronounce it lol I'm not the only one
    Credit bene for it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tells me all I need to know. You're a ing idiot who has no idea what he's talking about. FuthyLumpinkths-esque.
    Lol ok

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    France church attack: Muslims attend Mass

Muslims across France have attended Catholic Mass in a gesture of solidarity after the murder of a priest on Tuesday.

Fr Jacques Hamel was killed in his church in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray near Rouen by two men who had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group.

France's Muslim council, the CFCM, urged Muslims to show "solidarity and compassion" over the murder.

"We are all Catholics of France," said Anouar Kbibech, the head of the CFCM.

Services were held in Rouen as well as in Paris' Notre Dame Cathedral.

"We're very touched," the Archbishop of Rouen, Dominique Lebrun, told BFMTV.

"It's an important gesture of fraternity. They've told us, and I think they're sincere, that it's not Islam which killed Jacques Hamel."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36936658

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pretty ridiculous.
    Muslims dont scare me (a lot of people dont seem to realize Muslim men are indistinguishable from non Muslims of the same ethnicity), but a lot of conservative Muslim beliefs are an hetical to western society, particularly when it comes to women.

I feel like that is where the conversation needs to be - how do we encourage more assimilation into society and acceptance of American rights without inadvertently scattering the seeds for yet more radical extremism, at home and abroad?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only the UK had open carry and unlimited access to guns, this knifer would probably have been taken down before his rampage and nobody would be dead.

Thread Information