Page 39 of 187 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i just explained why it still would happen. >>>But Muslims aren't going away.<<< Just have to join sides with the non-terrorists ones. It's actually pretty simple.
    Horse .

>>>But, they ain't walkin' from this. No in' way.<<<

them. Let a load of Americans set up housekeeping in the UK, or, Germany, France, etc---you get it and start butchering & massacring the local populace and see how quick it comes to an abrupt end. Maybe 48 hours, 72 hours tops.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Insanity’: Internet stunned as Trump sides with Saudis instead of his own secretary of state in Qatar dispute

Donald Trump on Friday escalated the growing rift with Qatar, calling out the country as a sponsor of terrorism after seven Middle Eastern countries severed ties with Doha.That statement came mere hours after Secretary of State Rex Tillerson urged “there be no further escalation by parties in the region.”

News that Trump appeared to contradict his own secretary of state stunned the Internet on Friday with users expressing disbelief over the president’s words.

Kyle Griffin
    @kylegriffin1

Trump is currently slamming Qatar.

Just an hour ago, Tillerson called on Arab countries to ease blockade on Qatar.

2:02 PM - 9 Jun 2017

Paul Blumenthal
    @PaulBlu

Cannot understate the insanity of Tillerson calling for the end of Qatar blockade followed by this statement by Trump right now.
    2:00 PM - 9 Jun 2017

Norm Eisen

@NormEisen

Trump just undercut Tillerson efforts to mediate Qatar dispute
    2:04 PM - 9 Jun 2017 · Washington, DC

Geraldine

@everywhereist

Someone just hold up a world map and ask Trump where Qatar is, please.
    2:06 PM - 9 Jun 2017

Philip Bump

@pbump

Qatar should really have had a big elaborate reception for Trump when he was in the region.

Jessica Taylor

@JessicaTaylor

Rex Tillerson after Trump contradicts him on Qatar an hour later after he's scrambled to head off diplomatic crisis

M. Bilal Kenasari

@MBilalKenasari

It looks like Trump and Tillerson have two different Qatar policies.
    2:12 PM - 9 Jun 2017

Joyce Karam

@Joyce_Karam

#Qatar: Even if US trying to play good cop & bad cop, mixed signals from #Trump & #Tillerson only deepening crisis, weakening US credibility
    2:11 PM - 9 Jun 2017

ian bremmer

@ianbremmer

Trump last week to Qatar: No friend, supporting terror

Tillerson earlier today: Military ally against terror.

Trump today: Nope.

2:10 PM - 9 Jun 2017

Kaili Joy Gray

@KailiJoy

Trump White House: Qatar is bad

Also Trump White House: Stop saying Qatar is bad

2:04 PM - 9 Jun 2017

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/insa...e+Raw+Story%29

Philip Bump
    @pbump

Qatar should really have had a big elaborate reception for Trump when he was in the region.

Biggest US Gulf base is in Qatar, 10Ks of US people there.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still & all if Muslims weren't in the UK this wouldn't be happening.
    Even if that was true, you could also accurately say that if there were no Muslims, Buddhists or Atheists in the UK, this wouldn't be happening.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Still & all if Muslims weren't in the UK this wouldn't be happening."

It was UK's imperial colonialism that busted into, occupied, abused, resource-extracted Muslim countries.

I expect the UK has historically killed many more Muslims than Muslims have killed Brits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What a stupid video. Hold on, let me help.

video content seems smarter now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wait... at 2:30 does he criticize "new math, where 2 and 2 doesn't really equal 5"

i'd love to hear his version of math

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horse .

>>>But, they ain't walkin' from this. No in' way.<<<

them. Let a load of Americans set up housekeeping in the UK, or, Germany, France, etc---you get it and start butchering & massacring the local populace and see how quick it comes to an abrupt end. Maybe 48 hours, 72 hours tops.
    Muslim Americans or Mexican Americans?
    Or a Caucoid Irish mut American?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nawaz is good people tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nawaz is good people tbh
    He definitely has a rational solution to the problem imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He definitely has a rational solution to the problem imo
    yes and he also opposes racial profiling of muslims, unwarranted detention, torture, drone strikes, etc.

his approach to dealing with extremism is the same to dealing with race/ issues. a gradual societal push-back, not military intervention. he has also said that strong nationalism aka the trump approach does more harm than good in fighting extremsim

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald Trump Thinks He’s Pulled the Plug on Islamic State and Al-Qaida. He’s Wrong.

The international Islamic jihadist network, created nearly four decades ago in Afghanistan by the United States, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, is unraveling in full view of a planetary audience. Donald Trump thinks it’s all his doing—but he’s wrong, of course.

Trump appears to actually believe that the Saudis—the godfathers, along with the U.S., of international jihadism—have renounced their bankrolling of Islamist holy wars.

“So good to see the Saudi Arabia visit with the King and 50 countries already paying off,” tweeted Trump. “They said they would take a hard line on funding. Perhaps this will be the beginning of the end to the horror of terrorism!”

Donald Trump seems honestly giddy, apparently believing he has forced the Saudis to reject jihadist terror and to punish Qatar for its support of ISIS and al-Qaida.

Perhaps he truly does not know that the main actor in the proxy war is not Saudi Arabia, the Emirates, Kuwait, or Qatar –- it is the CIA, the other, and most important, godfather of Islamist jihad.

So, don’t believe for a second that the Saudis are abandoning ISIS and al-Qaida, or are attempting to force Qatar to do the same.

Neither is the CIA, which simply rebrands its jihadists when their names become too notorious.

Does Donald Trump know that the Saudis are blowing smoke in his face?

Does he realize that his own CIA and military have no intention of giving up their jihadists, whom they cannot do without?

Who knows? Does it really matter?

The criminal U.S. war against Syria will unravel from the weight of its own contradictions.

In the end, Washington’s Gulf “partners” necks will be on the chopping block.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/...wrong_20170612

Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-13-2017 at 07:13 PM.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Donald Trump Thinks He’s Pulled the Plug on Islamic State and Al-Qaida. He’s Wrong.

The international Islamic jihadist network, created nearly four decades ago in Afghanistan by the United States, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, is unraveling in full view of a planetary audience. Donald Trump thinks it’s all his doing—but he’s wrong, of course.

Trump appears to actually believe that the Saudis—the godfathers, along with the U.S., of international jihadism—have renounced their bankrolling of Islamist holy wars.

“So good to see the Saudi Arabia visit with the King and 50 countries already paying off,” tweeted Trump. “They said they would take a hard line on funding. Perhaps this will be the beginning of the end to the horror of terrorism!”

Donald Trump seems honestly giddy, apparently believing he has forced the Saudis to reject jihadist terror and to punish Qatar for its support of ISIS and al-Qaida.

Perhaps he truly does not know that the main actor in the proxy war is not Saudi Arabia, the Emirates, Kuwait, or Qatar –- it is the CIA, the other, and most important, godfather of Islamist jihad.

So, don’t believe for a second that the Saudis are abandoning ISIS and al-Qaida, or are attempting to force Qatar to do the same. Neither is the CIA, which simply rebrands its jihadists when their names become too notorious.

Does Donald Trump know that the Saudis are blowing smoke in his face?

Does he realize that his own CIA and military have no intention of giving up their jihadists, whom they cannot do without?

Who knows? Does it really matter?

The criminal U.S. war against Syria will unravel from the weight of its own contradictions.

In the end, Washington’s Gulf “partners” necks will be on the chopping block.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/...wrong_20170612

They ain't hit in this country in the age of a coon, aka a coon's age.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiting to hear source of London apt bldg fire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Virginia shooting tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiting to hear source of London apt bldg fire.
    You're betting on the Muslims aren't you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turns out some Muslims actually saved people from getting trapped in the building

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turns out some Muslims actually saved people from getting trapped in the building
    because they felt bad after starting the fire tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're betting on the Muslims aren't you
    Being my usual fair minded self, I awaited more info to come out.
    But since you are familiar with my fabulous betting skills, I had it at 50/50 beaurocratic greed and incompetence ie Code Unenforcement / UnIslamic Re s.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oligarchy, BigOil division, keeps funding, befriending, arming, protecting a terrorist country, for profit.

Saudi Arabia is destabilizing the world

JUST A FEW months ago, the governor of Indonesia’s largest city, Jakarta, seemed headed for easy re-election despite the fact that he is a Christian in a mostly Muslim country. Suddenly everything went violently wrong. Using the pretext of an offhand remark the governor made about the Koran, masses of enraged Muslims took to the streets to denounce him. In short order he lost the election, was arrested, charged with blasphemy, and sentenced to two years in prison.

This episode is especially alarming because Indonesia, the

world’s largest Muslim country, has long been one of its most tolerant. Indonesian Islam, like most belief systems on that vast archipelago, is syncretic, gentle, and open-minded.

The stunning fall of Jakarta’s governor

reflects the opposite: intolerance, sectarian hatred, and contempt for democracy. Fundamentalism is surging in Indonesia. This did not happen naturally.

Saudi Arabia has been working for decades to pull Indonesia away from moderate Islam and toward the austere Wahhabi form that is state religion in Saudi Arabia.

The Saudis’ campaign has been patient, multi-faceted, and lavishly financed.

It mirrors others they have waged in Muslim countries across Asia and Africa.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...KGP/story.html

Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-16-2017 at 02:19 PM.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ap is fake news

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information