Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    It's funny that the climax of the second season of Fargo wound up being just as weird as the climax of Stranger Things.

Also, cop marries woman, woman gives birth to daughter, daughter dies, cop and woman divorce, cop becomes alcoholic and discovers a wide-reaching conspiracy. Sounds like any character you know?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    It's funny that the climax of the second season of Fargo wound up being just as weird as the climax of Stranger Things.

Also, cop marries woman, woman gives birth to daughter, daughter dies, cop and woman divorce, cop becomes alcoholic and discovers a wide-reaching conspiracy. Sounds like any character you know?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It was good. Not great

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    It was good. Not great
    It had several great elements. I felt it started stronger than it finished. Which seems to be typical for these miniseries.

, even Breaking Bad's last few episodes declined from Ozymandias.

The score and soundtrack was perfect, from White Rabbit, to Heroes cover by Peter Gabriel, to the actual synth, it was on point with every mood.

Several characters were very well done. Teenagers sorta all sucked.

The Sheriff was cool. The Science teacher was cool.

I felt the government agency should have felt a bit more ominous. They felt like incompetent dupes in the grand scheme. Never fully explored or understood the significance of the agency's existence or experiments that creates the parallel dimension.

The series was either two episodes too long or too short, probably.

I'd give entire series a B+... I've seen it twice, so it holds rewatchability.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Very solid. The show kept me wanting more.

I think shows like these are better off being anthologies. Each season being totally different.

Wynona drove me insane though. There's so much crying and yelling one can take tbh.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    It had several great elements. I felt it started stronger than it finished. Which seems to be typical for these miniseries.

, even Breaking Bad's last few episodes declined from Ozymandias.

The score and soundtrack was perfect, from White Rabbit, to Heroes cover by Peter Gabriel, to the actual synth, it was on point with every mood.

Several characters were very well done. Teenagers sorta all sucked.

The Sheriff was cool. The Science teacher was cool.

I felt the government agency should have felt a bit more ominous. They felt like incompetent dupes in the grand scheme. Never fully explored or understood the significance of the agency's existence or experiments that creates the parallel dimension.

The series was either two episodes too long or too short, probably.

I'd give entire series a B+... I've seen it twice, so it holds rewatchability.
    Interesting, I thought the last three episodes were far more compelling than the previous ones. It finally got more of its iden y and seemed like less of a hodgepodge of previous movies/books to me. I thought it was amusing the the Duffer bros were born in 84 and set this before they were born. I also agree with Rech about Winona, but she was toned down more in the last three eps so that was part of it for me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Am I the only person that didn't like this show? It was a slog to get through.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Interesting, I thought the last three episodes were far more compelling than the previous ones. It finally got more of its iden y and seemed like less of a hodgepodge of previous movies/books to me. I thought it was amusing the the Duffer bros were born in 84 and set this before they were born. I also agree with Rech about Winona, but she was toned down more in the last three eps so that was part of it for me.
    Oh, I absolutely agree with your take, but I happened to really enjoy the borrowed feel and re-adapted plots. As the film progressed it became less about the mystery of it all and more about search & rescue/destroy. Which was fine, but I preferred the setup and the mystery that shrouded the agency, it's experiments, it's accidental creation and why 11 was so important.

Ultimately 11 was a weapon. But we never really got to know why, or to what strategic end. Had she not screamed the parallel universe into existence, what were her and the agency's greater significance? I thought they'd tie it all together and didn't get that.

Then again, True Detective did and was worse off for it, so it doesn't always work.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    amazing intro theme
    Heavily "influenced" by this soundtrack

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Am I the only person that didn't like this show? It was a slog to get through.
    Just finished ep. 4

its 3/5 its not terrible but I can't watch it in one sitting, I usually break each show down into two halves.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    haven't seen it, been hearing good things about it. i just finished season 1 of narcos so this could the next show i watch.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Overall I really liked this show

They managed to recreate that 80s atmosphere and cheesiness; a lot of references too, including the not so subtle E.T ones

Hopper was badass ,ALPHA

Didn't know Ryder and Modine were in this show tbh, I thought the acting was pretty good

By the way, the actor who plays Steve looks familiar

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Finished this last night. Went in with tempered expectations. From the reviews, I thought it was going to be overly campy like Creepshow. Which it wasn't. I really enjoyed this. Maybe partly because it seemed kind of fresh. Not sure if a second season will hit me the same way.

The acting was good. The girl that played Eleven did a heck of a job. Wonder if she'll somehow come back next season. Perfect role for Winona Rider although it's wearing to watch her that neurotic for that long. The cop was good as well. And Matthew Modine was a good choice for the doc.

I agree with everyone above about the score. Really awesome and was exactly right for this show. Mixed in with some 80's songs.

I liked the first half better than the second. Maybe because there was still some mystery of what was going on. But no complaints.

8/10

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Watched it all in one day.
    Great show. Loved picking out all the references and homages.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    i liked it. didn't think it's the greatest thing ever like some people though.

feels like stephen king/the goonies/goosebumps in one.

i love the theme song.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    i liked it. didn't think it's the greatest thing ever like some people though.

feels like stephen king/the goonies/goosebumps in one.

i love the theme song.
    You don't have to think it's the greatest show ever to like it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    You don't have to think it's the greatest show ever to like it.
    i know that. i said i like it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i know that. i said i like it.
    Same. But I sure wouldn't put it up there with Breaking Bad or anything.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    or The Fresh Beat Band

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    you bringing it up made me youtube hanks vs the twins. i think that parking lot scene is my favorite in the entire series.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    you bringing it up made me youtube hanks vs the twins. i think that parking lot scene is my favorite in the entire series.
    I really need to go back and watch the whole thing again without the long breaks in between seasons.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

hope and change
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    Scary monster from another dimension, evil goverment experiment, small town sheriff...
    ... and some adventurous nerdy 80's kids.

just watched the first episode and I'm hooked

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    ET, goonies, poltergeist, alien and more 80s flicks rolled into one made me like the nostalgia feel of it. Overall just an average show/movie/whatever.

Thread Information