Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Not sure why everyone is beating up season 2. I thought it was entertaining enough.

The only problem I had was that it lost it's sense of mystery that the first one had. I was also hoping for more of the Upside Down dimension instead of just a bunch of tunnels running underneath the town

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah...it was decent enough. I think the first one was so novel when it came out that it would be impossible to recreate the freshness that it had.
    Not sure how long they'll be able to keep it going though. Hopefully, the writers know when to end it. I'm predicting one more season.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Well the question is what will ultimately happen with Eleven.

She'll inevitably have her strain herself again to save the world, so will she: 1. Die 2. Lose her power 3. Fly away with aliens

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well the question is what will ultimately happen with Eleven.

She'll inevitably have her strain herself again to save the world, so will she: 1. Die 2. Lose her power 3. Fly away with aliens
    I'm thinking that she and Mike will fall in love and it will turn into a youth version of Bewitched. It'll be called "Oh Eleven". Eleven will use her powers to do everyday things like wash the dishes or cook dinner.
    And at the end of every episode, she'll screw something up and Mike will say "Oh Eleven". Freeze frame and out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Eleventh Heaven

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Season 2 was decent, but it got a bit stale, and all the new characters/ideas sucked. Next season could really suck if they don’t figure out something new to do with these characters and not rely 100% on Eighties nostalgia.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Eleventh Heaven
    Not bad. What about "That Lazy Eleven".

So she's always using her powers to do little trivial but meanwhile the upside down monsters are taking over the world. But somehow she accidentally saves the world every time.
    Like maybe she s up a stew recipe and after the monster breaks in to the house and eats it, he dies.

Mike comes home and sees the exploded monster all over the walls. "Oh Eleven".

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Season 2 was decent, but it got a bit stale, and all the new characters/ideas sucked. Next season could really suck if they don’t figure out something new to do with these characters and not rely 100% on Eighties nostalgia.
    Yeah, way too much camera time on that big brother that beat up on Steve during basketball practice

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, way too much camera time on that big brother that beat up on Steve during basketball practice
    Was just about to mention this. Seems like they were going to involve him in the final showdown somehow. In the end, there wasn't much point to him. Unless they're building for next season.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Was just about to mention this. Seems like they were going to involve him in the final showdown somehow. In the end, there wasn't much point to him. Unless they're building for next season.
    I mean...the whole scene when he was flirting with the mom...I didn't get the point.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    For real....what was the point of the deviant older brother kicking ass and being a all the time
    Then they show his dad totally pwn him and we're supposed to feel sorry for him or something? Then nearly murdering poor Steve LOL

Guy was kinda pointless.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    ep 7. Everything else was pretty good... oh, and the show didn't need the power ranger bully, but i guess the creators like Stephen King.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I liked it. Though I agree that episode seven and the story line leading up to it was weak. Not sure where they were going with that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I liked it. Though I agree that episode seven and the story line leading up to it was weak. Not sure where they were going with that.
    My guess would be that they'll bring the other experiment chick back at some point. But it was weird to do a whole episode on it. Although she did show 11 how to use her anger to increase her power. Which was used to close the portal. IDK. I expect to see Mullet and the other number girl next season.

Unless the the writers are so stumped that they just needed to fill up time so they could deliver episodes.

I like the show but I think it's got a very limited life span. The novelty of the 80's won't carry it if the writing sucks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The Strangest Thing about season 2 was that as I watched, I couldn't remember what I liked about Season one.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great series and great season 2.

It was already renewed for a 3rd and 4th season even before season 2 was released. So good news there.

We've already saw the first blemished on the series with that super ty episode about Eleven and her boring new group. I hope that's an idea that they explored and then abandoned for the future because it did not work at all.

Premiere setup and the episode that culminated in this mess is all you need to know this side project failed.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I like that the seasons are short. 8 episodes, 9 episodes, etc doesn't drag on. Gives it a punch that would not be there if it was 13 or 16 episodes and drawn out

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Great work Sherlock

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Binge watched it in less than 24 hours. Everything is nice and tidy here. It takes everything good from the 80's and mashes it into a fun sci-fi story. Not mad that it borrowed a lot of ideas from King/Koontz/Spielberg; I think it's more of an homage or a tribute, and it is well done. Ryder and the rest of the actors were terrific, especially the kids. A gem among the garbage that is being shown in the movie theaters these days.
    Loll the boycott

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Netflix boycott really is one of the most gooberish he's done and thats really saying something if you've examined his posts closely. They got like hundreds of millions of subscribers and theyre growing like crazy so its not doing anything to hurt them. Plus you get like a load of movies and TV shows for like $10 so youre just shooting yourself in the foot.

But hey gotta fight dat culture war!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Netflix boycott really is one of the most gooberish he's done and thats really saying something if you've examined his posts closely. They got like hundreds of millions of subscribers and theyre growing like crazy so its not doing anything to hurt them. Plus you get like a load of movies and TV shows for like $10 so youre just shooting yourself in the foot.

But hey gotta fight dat culture war!
    The are you talking about? He single handedly got Chelsea Handler cancelled. Better watch out, the Marvel shows and Stranger Things are next.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The are you talking about? He single handedly got Chelsea Handler cancelled. Better watch out, the Marvel shows and Stranger Things are next.
    Did he? She still has a deal with netflix, the show just got canceled.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Did he? She still has a deal with netflix, the show just got canceled.
    He thinks so anyway.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271353

Thread Information